Hacking NTRBOOTHAX and SD

Zidarn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, i just flashed my R4 Gold RTS with nrtboothax using an old 3ds unhacked. There are 3 questions:

1: After the process it wont pop on the cartridge slot on the home menu ( i know that in the process it'll not be able to be used as a normal flashcard, but its okay or something gone wrong?)

2: After the process it still needs the SD card? Or i could use it in other things?

3: I just flashed it using an old 3ds with stock 4.5 firmware. Now thats already flashed using this 3ds, i can use the same flashed card to hack others 3ds?And if its yes, i can use in any models from any regions?

Thx guys

Panic.exe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.) Normal (You should be able to restore the original fw)
2.) Assuming you followed the http://3ds.guide, If you have luma or other cfw installed to ctrnand you won't need an sd to boot the device. However If you want to use/load payloads (godmode9 etc) or use files and homebrew installed on the sd obviously you'll need one.
3.) You should be able to use the flash cart in multiple systems without issue.

Last edited by Panic.exe,
Reactions: Zidarn

Zidarn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thx, but I was asking in question 2 about the SD inserted in the flashcard, not the one inserted in the 3ds. It still needs it? Or can I pull it out and use the flashcard as it is to launch ntrboothax?

Zidarn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No, the NTRBoot-flashed cart does not need the microSD card anymore, as the console only reads the cart's header to trigger NTRBoot.

Oh, thx! That was my fear, i used a SD that i usually uses on other flashcard to play ds and emulators and i thought that it was stuck on the R4 to use the ntrboothax.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No, the NTRBoot-flashed cart does not need the microSD card anymore, as the console only reads the cart's header to trigger NTRBoot.
I heard someone say that ntrboot requires a MicroSD inserted (even if it's blank), maybe that only applies to certain carts though.
1.) Normal (You should be able to restore the original fw)
2.) Assuming you followed the http://3ds.guide, If you have luma or other cfw installed to ctrnand you won't need an sd to boot the device. However If you want to use/load payloads (godmode9 etc) or use files and homebrew installed on the sd obviously you'll need one.
3.) You should be able to use the flash cart in multiple systems without issue.
Actually, you can put payloads in NAND. Of course, most of them won't be very useful without a SD card.

Reactions: Panic.exe

Panic.exe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard someone say that ntrboot requires a MicroSD inserted (even if it's blank), maybe that only applies to certain carts though.

Actually, you can put payloads in NAND. Of course, most of them won't be very useful without a SD card.
Fair enough, I was just keeping it simple :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c