Hacking RELEASE NSScreenshotMaker

cheuble

squid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could this be used for an userland exploit ? Much like the PSP's ChickHEN which exploited TGA parsing in the console.
No
When I tested the screenshot stuff last night I "resigned" a pic of the reswitched logo and put on my SD card, verified album loaded it with no problems...didn't bother posting to social media because like I said it's only screenshots editing...

I think you took "it's only screenshots" to mean "no custom pictures" -- not what I meant, those work fine, I just meant screenshot editing isn't a huge deal in terms of hax-noteworthiness :)

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How did you extract them?
I got them from the capsrv sysmodule.
Essentially, once you have those kek sources, run a GenerateAesKek function using the usecase 0 key.
Next, generate a CMAC using the kek you just generated as the secret key, then calculate the SHA256 hash of that CMAC.
That hash is the signing key.

Last edited by SimonMKWii, , Reason: Made it a bit clearer
Reactions: Naked_Snake

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I got them from the capsrv sysmodule.
Essentially, once you have those kek sources, run a GenerateAesKek function using the usecase 0 key.
Next, generate a CMAC using the kek you just generated as the secret key, then calculate the SHA256 hash of that CMAC.
That hash is the signing key.
You’ll have to sign a random video and upload it

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
COUGH
upload_2018-5-22_19-44-44.png

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't seem to get this to work. I got the key, put the pics in the input file, the script runs without error, produces the SD folder with the properly named files, I put them on my FAT32 formatted Switch card, but the gallery shows no screenshots on the microSD. Any suggestions?

cheuble

squid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can't seem to get this to work. I got the key, put the pics in the input file, the script runs without error, produces the SD folder with the properly named files, I put them on my FAT32 formatted Switch card, but the gallery shows no screenshots on the microSD. Any suggestions?
It seems you aren't the only one with issues like this. I'll try to implement the new MAC calculation, once I get the new keys. In the meantime, could you please send me the images in PM? I'll take a look and see if I can do anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)