NSMBW - Somersault?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by gogorman, Nov 15, 2009.

Nov 15, 2009

NSMBW - Somersault? by gogorman at 10:38 PM (3,779 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. gogorman
    OP

Newcomer gogorman Member

United States
    As in the description, how do you do the somersault?
    I have read that you shake the wiimote at the peak of your jump, but all that does for me is do the spin jump for a little extra time in the air.
    How do you make the character somersault as in the Hint Movies?
    I have tried, tried and tries and I CANNOT do it.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Can you do it in multi-player? Or single player only? Is shaking the wiimote the correct procedure? Can you do it using the wiimote on it's side control method? Or do you have to use the Nunchuk method?
    Thanks!

2. Tashi

Newcomer Tashi Member

United States
    the only somersault i can think of is the triple jump. that just requires timing three jumps in a row so as soon as you hit the ground you jump again before you continue running.

3. gogorman
    OP

Newcomer gogorman Member

United States
    In New Super Mario Bros Wii? I don't think the triple jump is included, is it? I mean the somersault jump that you see in the Hint Movies?

4. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    it is it even shows you in 1 of the videos you unlock. there's also the wall jump, backflip and all the other moves from m64 are in it.

5. gogorman
    OP

Newcomer gogorman Member

United States
    Those are probably the ones I mean. So how do you do them?

6. Giga_Gaia

Member Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Canada
    The only thing in hints videos are triple jump and when Mario spin around midair, it's just shaking the wiimote for the spin jump, just to give him extra jump distances.

Also, don't try to do what they do in super skills videos, it's not a human player doing it, It's just a video Nintendo programmed themselves. I doubt Nintendo employyes could pull those off.

7. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    triple jump somersault: jump 3 times jump than just as you hit the ground quickly jump again mario will jump a lot higher now for the third jump do the same and mario will shoot up into the air and do a somersault. it's better to do it while running you have to be quick though.
    wall jump: jump up against the wall and wait for mario to slide down it now simply jump and he will jump off the wall
    extended jump: jump than shake the mote to get a little more air time

and all the moves in the videos ARE possible and they were done by nintendo it just takes practice.

8. Giga_Gaia

Member Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Canada
    They are hints videos, but they do not features humans players. They were programmed that way, no one actually played that way to make them.

Some of them are possible with practice, but a lot of them are so exagerated, it may be as well impossible. It just looks too perfect to have been done by a human person.

Also, notice how the ennemies act differently on how you act or what you do. Well, it seems to me they programmed it with only the players in it, then added the ennemies and make them act just exactly how they should to make the video look good.

Wonder what would happen if the pirana plant in some video threw their fireballs higher or lower, but with Mario doing the same thing? He'd probably get hit.

9. madcapslaugh

Newcomer madcapslaugh Member

Israel

im sure a human could do that, they would just have to be awesome

10. madcapslaugh

Newcomer madcapslaugh Member

Israel

na, its the same with the assisted trial run, these types of things are easy to do/make yourself if you have the ability to slow the game down to 5-10 frames a second

11. Millionaire2K

Newcomer Millionaire2K Member

United States
    Guys Nintendo has said they did create the Videos with humans. They did NOT just program it in.

12. GameSoul

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    Actually I did the somersault before. It's separate from the triple jump. I did it on accident though. It only takes two short quick jumps after running to pull it off.

13. razorback78

Member razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Philippines
    no. everything there is possible. tried all already including all the infinite 1ups so i can say all the hints are possible. it just takes a lot of practice and playing the game. the triple jump is still included in the game. make 3 consecutive short jumps.

14. Jaz808

Member Jaz808 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    running fast and tripple jump works for me to do a somersault