Gaming NSMBW - Somersault?

gogorman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As in the description, how do you do the somersault?
I have read that you shake the wiimote at the peak of your jump, but all that does for me is do the spin jump for a little extra time in the air.
How do you make the character somersault as in the Hint Movies?
I have tried, tried and tries and I CANNOT do it.
Am I doing something wrong?
Can you do it in multi-player? Or single player only? Is shaking the wiimote the correct procedure? Can you do it using the wiimote on it's side control method? Or do you have to use the Nunchuk method?
Thanks!

Tashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only somersault i can think of is the triple jump. that just requires timing three jumps in a row so as soon as you hit the ground you jump again before you continue running.

gogorman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tashi said:
the only somersault i can think of is the triple jump. that just requires timing three jumps in a row so as soon as you hit the ground you jump again before you continue running.
In New Super Mario Bros Wii? I don't think the triple jump is included, is it? I mean the somersault jump that you see in the Hint Movies?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
gogorman said:
Tashi said:
In New Super Mario Bros Wii? I don't think the triple jump is included, is it? I mean the somersault jump that you see in the Hint Movies?
it is it even shows you in 1 of the videos you unlock. there's also the wall jump, backflip and all the other moves from m64 are in it.

gogorman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
gogorman said:
Tashi said:
it is it even shows you in 1 of the videos you unlock. there's also the wall jump, backflip and all the other moves from m64 are in it.
Those are probably the ones I mean. So how do you do them?

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only thing in hints videos are triple jump and when Mario spin around midair, it's just shaking the wiimote for the spin jump, just to give him extra jump distances.

Also, don't try to do what they do in super skills videos, it's not a human player doing it, It's just a video Nintendo programmed themselves. I doubt Nintendo employyes could pull those off.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
gogorman said:
Bladexdsl said:
gogorman said:
Tashi said:
Those are probably the ones I mean. So how do you do them?
triple jump somersault: jump 3 times jump than just as you hit the ground quickly jump again mario will jump a lot higher now for the third jump do the same and mario will shoot up into the air and do a somersault. it's better to do it while running you have to be quick though.
wall jump: jump up against the wall and wait for mario to slide down it now simply jump and he will jump off the wall
extended jump: jump than shake the mote to get a little more air time

and all the moves in the videos ARE possible and they were done by nintendo it just takes practice.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They are hints videos, but they do not features humans players. They were programmed that way, no one actually played that way to make them.

Some of them are possible with practice, but a lot of them are so exagerated, it may be as well impossible. It just looks too perfect to have been done by a human person.

Also, notice how the ennemies act differently on how you act or what you do. Well, it seems to me they programmed it with only the players in it, then added the ennemies and make them act just exactly how they should to make the video look good.

Wonder what would happen if the pirana plant in some video threw their fireballs higher or lower, but with Mario doing the same thing? He'd probably get hit.

madcapslaugh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Giga_Gaia said:
The only thing in hints videos are triple jump and when Mario spin around midair, it's just shaking the wiimote for the spin jump, just to give him extra jump distances.

Also, don't try to do what they do in super skills videos, it's not a human player doing it, It's just a video Nintendo programmed themselves. I doubt Nintendo employyes could pull those off.

im sure a human could do that, they would just have to be awesome

madcapslaugh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Giga_Gaia said:
They are hints videos, but they do not features humans players. They were programmed that way, no one actually played that way to make them.

Some of them are possible with practice, but a lot of them are so exagerated, it may be as well impossible. It just looks too perfect to have been done by a human person.

Also, notice how the ennemies act differently on how you act or what you do. Well, it seems to me they programmed it with only the players in it, then added the ennemies and make them act just exactly how they should to make the video look good.

Wonder what would happen if the pirana plant in some video threw their fireballs higher or lower, but with Mario doing the same thing? He'd probably get hit.

na, its the same with the assisted trial run, these types of things are easy to do/make yourself if you have the ability to slow the game down to 5-10 frames a second

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually I did the somersault before. It's separate from the triple jump. I did it on accident though. It only takes two short quick jumps after running to pull it off.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Giga_Gaia said:

no. everything there is possible. tried all already including all the infinite 1ups so i can say all the hints are possible. it just takes a lot of practice and playing the game. the triple jump is still included in the game. make 3 consecutive short jumps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 700w is still reliable for most builds