Hacking NSMBW MOD ISO Builder Issues

BonesawIsReady

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi Guys

I have been attempting to install Newer Super Mario Bros Wii without the NSMBW game disc for a few hours now. I have everything in place and am running NSMBW Mod ISO Builder 1.06 that I downloaded from the Horizon site as its the most up to date/only version I could find (sorry I cant post the link, I'm a complete newbie :) ). The main issue is it seems many of the download links in the command list are dead or have some other problem which don't allow for file extraction.. Many of the options will instantly extract the file to 0KB, ask if you wish to remove the zip and then return to the install screen again no matter what is entered. There are still some options which are selectable and allow the full process to be completed though.

Is anyone able to shed some light or offer any alternatives to this ISO mod if there are no workarounds?

Appreciate any help.

Misunderstood Wookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to pack all the NSMBW game mods from Newer team into working ISO's with unique SaveGame ID's but the issue I have is I am unable to get any of the current Wii U injection tools to pack the ISO into a WUP but here are the steps to make a patched working game.

Patching a Modded, New Super Marios Bro. Wii
  • 1. Grab this at Mod ISO Builder 1.06 or use my Google Drive which has an alternative newer version.
  • You need to drag the contents of the mod packs into your extracted builder and yes you can put them all in at one time.
  • Your install should look like this.
Screenshot 2022-04-21 225328.jpg

• You need to use an NSBW ISO that is not scrubbed it has to be the full 4.4GB or something ISO without any partitions removed I tried the scrubbed ones they don't work, the region does not matter.
  • Run Build.ISO and follow the prompts I recommend you use the option to use an individual save and then when it is done it will throw a scrubbed ISO into the ISO/ or WBFS/ depending on which you choose as an output. I recommend .wbfs format as the output as this can be moved to the vWii.

I tested this build method and it works in Dolphin Emulator for all of the following Newer Team mods.
    Newer Holiday Special, Newer Falling Leaf, Summer Sun, Newer NSBW, Another NSBW

Getting the Modded NSMB onto the vWii
This assumes you have already got CFW running on your vWii if not follow the appropriate guide for that first.

Your patched game will need to be a WBFS format title, not ISO or this will not work with this method.
  • Grab yourself the latest WiiFlow and install that on your vWii.
  • Make a new folder called WBFS/ on the root of the SD and copy your patched .wbfs game into it. (needed so wiiflow can find the game)
  • Launch WiiFlow and you should now have your games that work.

Result:

20220424_152419.jpg
20220424_144728.jpg

Last edited by Misunderstood Wookie,
Reactions: Exnor

bacon612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to pack all the NSMBW game mods from Newer team into working ISO's with unique SaveGame ID's but the issue I have is I am unable to get any of the current Wii U injection tools to pack the ISO into a WUP.

• 1. Grab this at horizon.miraheze.org/wiki/Newer_Mod_ISO_Builder
  • 2. You need to drag the contents of the mod packs into your extracted builder and yes you can put them all in at one time.
  • 3. Your install should look like this.
View attachment 306959
  • 4. You need to use an NSBW ISO that is not scrubbed it has to be the full 4.4GB or something ISO without any partitions removed I tried the scrubbed ones they don't work, the region does not matter.
  • 5. Run Build.ISO and follow the prompts I recommend you use the option to use an individual save and then when it is done it will throw a scrubbed ISO into the ISO/ path.

I tested this build method and it works in Dolphin Emulator for all of the following Newer Team mods.
    Newer Holiday Special
    Newer Falling Leaf
    Summer Sun
    Newer NSBW
    Another NSBW

Thanks for sharing this info. On step 5, the build.iso batch file opens as though its downloading the mods from the broken web links. How did you get the app to use the locally sourced mod dirrectories?

Misunderstood Wookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for sharing this info. On step 5, the build.iso batch file opens as though its downloading the mods from the broken web links. How did you get the app to use the locally sourced mod dirrectories?
For the mod packs which I did not not include zip files for you need too source them yourself.

There are zip files in the URL in my post with those like the Summer Sun and Another NSMB you open them and move the two directories within into the ISO Builder Root alongside the iso_build.bat during my testing you can put most of the mod packs so long as there are no conflicting files in at the same time to speed up the build process as you won't have to install the packs here for each build you can just run one build right after the other.

I have an updated version of the tool being posted soon which includes some new patches for mods like Falling Leaf I found out later there is a version 1.07 of the tool while the official download is 1.06 it seem the newer one was a beta that was never release but I am adding this version up as an alternative both are confirmed to be working just that the 1.07 version has support for more mod packs and fixes some bugs in the patches for some popular mods like Newer NSBW

so it looks like this -
Screenshot 2022-04-23 161505.jpg

bacon612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the mod packs which I did not not include zip files for you need too source them yourself.

There are zip files in the URL in my post with those like the Summer Sun and Another NSMB you open them and move the two directories within into the ISO Builder Root alongside the iso_build.bat during my testing you can put most of the mod packs so long as there are no conflicting files in at the same time to speed up the build process as you won't have to install the packs here for each build you can just run one build right after the other.

I have an updated version of the tool being posted soon which includes some new patches for mods like Falling Leaf I found out later there is a version 1.07 of the tool while the official download is 1.06 it seem the newer one was a beta that was never release but I am adding this version up as an alternative both are confirmed to be working just that the 1.07 version has support for more mod packs and fixes some bugs in the patches for some popular mods like Newer NSBW

so it looks like this -
View attachment 307249
Thanks again, I actually found the 1.07 version of the iso builder and also figured out that those mod directories needed to be in the root folder. I was able to create a few WBFS files of various mods.

Im probably doing my injecting wrong because im a dinosaur. (kids often remind me) In the past i would use TeconMoons WiiVC Injector to create files to be subsequently injected using WUP installer in Homebrew.

The issue that im running into here is that The 'internal game Title ID's' are all the same with these NSMB mods and they overwrite one another when injected. Is anyone aware of something I can do to inject multiple mods based on my original NSMB game iso? I quite enjoy just having working icons in the wiiu menu.

Misunderstood Wookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The issue that im running into here is that The 'internal game Title ID's' are all the same with these NSMB mods and they overwrite one another when injected. Is anyone aware of something I can do to inject multiple mods based on my original NSMB game iso? I quite enjoy just having working icons in the wiiu menu.
So that is why I cannot get the damn thing to inject with UWUVCI AIO or Techmoon.. currently, I have been using the WBFS format in WiiFlow on vWii and I considered making fwd channels from Wii U to launch those. If you want to help me narrow down the cause and patch it come see me on this thread.

UWUVCI AIO is the newer method of injection.

I cannot even get any of them to inject period...
I just some error pop up in either injection tool about a missing file and that file is different per tool.

Reactions: bacon612

Merlumina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Someone can help me using alternate save slots?

I patched every available mod using alternate saveslot option e.g. KMDE04 not SMNE04 for CannonSMBW, but it's not working.
Before I used default save slots and it worked perfectly but I need to replace the save slots, because I want to seperate each savefile.

Edit: I solved this issue : )

Last edited by Merlumina,

pokeyjojo

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
@Misunderstood Wookie I have tried a bunch of different builders. both iso and wbfs format but then game always freezes on the "hold the Wii remote sideways" screen and I have to either force close dolphin or hard reset my Wii. Is there a fix for this? my dump is clean and unsplit as the base game works fine in dolphin and on my Wii disc. I have been trying for many hours now and just want to run the game without going through the patcher

Reactions: Exnor

pokeyjojo

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I have tried a bunch of different builders. both iso and wbfs format but then game always freezes on the "hold the Wii remote sideways" screen and I have to either force close dolphin or hard reset my Wii. Is there a fix for this? my dump is clean and unsplit as the base game works fine in dolphin and on my Wii disc. I have been trying for many hours now and just want to run the game without going through the patcher
forgot to mention im trying to run newer smbw on my vwii

pokeyjojo

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Do you use USBLoaderGX or the original game disc with Riivolution?
I fixed the issue actually! So you need to download newer smbwii v 1.2.0 (can be found by clicking "older versions " on newer teams download website) then in newer 1.3.0 you need to go into the NewerSmbwii folder and delete the following folders : OtherW and OtherK then delete the files Loader.bin and version . Then in the newer 1.2 that you downloaded. Copy the loader.bin and version from 1.2 into the 1.3 folder then use iso builder v1.6 and build the iso by selecting wbfs and custom save slot and default banner options. After that the built iso should play perfectly fine.

Reactions: Merlumina

Exnor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I fixed the issue actually! So you need to download newer smbwii v 1.2.0 (can be found by clicking "older versions " on newer teams download website) then in newer 1.3.0 you need to go into the NewerSmbwii folder and delete the following folders : OtherW and OtherK then delete the files Loader.bin and version . Then in the newer 1.2 that you downloaded. Copy the loader.bin and version from 1.2 into the 1.3 folder then use iso builder v1.6 and build the iso by selecting wbfs and custom save slot and default banner options. After that the built iso should play perfectly fine.

This also worked for me :D.
Thank you for the info.

I'm sharing a a rar file with the above modifications in it.
Note: I used a raw copy of my original game disk, made on my vWii (Copy not included for obvious reasons). I did not tested with a scrubbed version.

Working version RAR file.

If needed i can re-upload, just ping me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.