Others NSMB2 crash on startup

SD card isn't damaged or faulty it started out of nowhere
Well, SD cards can get damaged or faulty out of nowhere.

Are you running this game off the SD card, or do you have a cartridge? Did you install any updates or start using any plugins?

NSMB2 is known to cause a very specific bug, but not quite like this. https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/issues/1559
 
  • Like
Reactions: elwey0so
Well, SD cards can get damaged or faulty out of nowhere.

Are you running this game off the SD card, or do you have a cartridge? Did you install any updates or start using any plugins?

NSMB2 is known to cause a very specific bug, but not quite like this. https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/issues/1559
Thanks for the reply, I'm running it off the SD. I didn't update neither used any plugins, that's what confuses me the most.
 
I'm running it off the SD.
Then you should do the usual SD card checks. You can't otherwise be sure your SD card really isn't damaged or faulty.

Copy everything off your SD card (Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier is recommended when there's a possibility of corruption), format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and copy everything back again. If the test fails or if you can't format the card, then you should get a new card (and copy everything to the new card after formatting and testing it). Sometimes copying everything back again is enough to fix problems.
 
Okay, so I found some sort of solution? I started messing with FBI when I saw that the NSMB2 save file name was bigred, the same process causing the crash, so I deleted it and now the game works fine with progress wiped, but strangely enough the save file isn't corrupted because I opened the game in Azahar using Artic Base and it runs with the save just fine. Strange...
 
  • Like
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News