ROM Hack NSMB DS Mode - Super Mario Maker 3DS!

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
You are correct! OP, resized it himself, btw.
Yes, I resized it and I was shocked with the results.

Anyway, in SMM Wii U a lot things are 3D models, but in SMM 3DS the only 3D object IIRC is Mario and Yoshi, everything else is a compressed 2D image.

BTW, NSMBW, NSMBU, SMM Wii U and SMM 3DS share the same Mario Model. (NSMB2 doesn't)
The reason Mario looks like shit in SMM 3DS is that the model is low-poly.
Let me recap, SMM 3DS uses the same Mario Model and textures as NSMBU, but they made the model low-poly and the textures compressed and downscaled. (32×32 and compressed)
The textures in NSMBU were 128×128 uncompressed and the model had an acceptable amount of polys. :(

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Anyway, in SMM Wii U a lot things are 3D models, but in SMM 3DS the only 3D object IIRC is Mario and Yoshi, everything else is a compressed 2D image.

BTW, NSMBW, NSMBU, SMM Wii U and SMM 3DS share the same Mario Model. (NSMB2 doesn't)
Let me recap, SMM 3DS uses the same Mario Model and textures as NSMBU, but they made the model low-poly and the textures compressed and downscaled. (32×32 and compressed)
The textures in NSMBU were 128×128 uncompressed and the model had an acceptable amount of polys. :(
Let's see what happens when these compressed elements get restored...

Manito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

top_0071.png

About 5 days ago I edited some of Mario's textures and he still looks a bit shiny, I wonder why.

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried swapping the low-poly model from SMM 3DS with NSMBU's model.

Ohana3DS throws an exception.
Oh. :(

I guess in that case, maybe it would just be easier to replace all of of the sprites first, (Either with the resized versions of the Wii U's tilesets, or making our own custom ones based on NSMBDS), then go back to focusing on the models.

Reactions: CeeDee

Manito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave Mario his NSMB textures and all I pretty much notice is that it is a bit darker.

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone is talking crap about what objects use models in the Wii U version and 3DS version. Has anyone actually checked?

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hiccup Hiccup Hiccup, how come you doubt me?
Of course I did.

BTW LMAO in SMM 3DS even the backgrounds (in NSMBU mode) are a bunch of 2D images stacked together. :rofl2:

Reactions: Garblant

Manito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just made an interesting discovery. I don't know if anyone has already tried this but Mario's NSMB2 model works with the SMM3DS NSMBU model's animations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM