Hacking NS-Atmosphere dongle issues

aahli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hi, I think you can delete the “NS-Atmosphere” in your windows registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NS-Atmosphere , and then reinstall the NS-Atmosphere.

TheMaxxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey kumikochan, i recieved my dongle today and i´ve got the same issue. I managed to update the driver, now i´ve got "NS-Atmosphere (COM8)" under Ports, but the programm still wont start no matter how often i try to reinstall...
Any tips?

This software was not written well. The only way I got it to work is to first select the payload file and then go to the drop-down menu and select the COM port. This worked after I manually updated the COM device with the one provided by NS-Atmosphere.

edit: take that back, i was able to make it run and update once and now it is not working agian.

Last edited by TheMaxxx,

darriousx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the last post was a week or so ago, but I'm having issues now launching NS-Atmosphere on my Windows 10 PC. Launches on my Win10 Laptop with no issues. My only guess is issues with the latest update, 1809, but I could be wrong. I'm trying to figure it out currently via their site FAQ's. Will update if I figure it out.

Edit: Works in safe mode, but dongle isn't recognized in device manager, of course.

Edit 2: This worked for me. I downloaded the previous NS-Atmosphere Programmer Payload tool from NS-Atmosphere. You can then download the ns-atmosphere_programmer_v02.zip (Version 02 instead of 03) by changing the link. It now works for me. Hopes this helps others.

Last edited by darriousx,

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
www.bit.ly
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm having the exact same problem after running the app the first time and after it crashed on Windows 10 x64. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well as deleting a certain registry key as mentioned from the NS-Atmosphere site before reinstalling, yet the app no longer runs on me. I've still yet to find a solution to this problem which I presume lies at the registry problem.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the exact same problem after running the app the first time and after it crashed on Windows 10 x64. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well as deleting a certain registry key as mentioned from the NS-Atmosphere site before reinstalling, yet the app no longer runs on me. I've still yet to find a solution to this problem which I presume lies at the registry problem.

https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/ho...8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

You can either do it using command line, or Advance restart to disable signature driver checks.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry the OS part was a typo. I'm on Windows 7 x64.

Well on Windows 7 it should show that it can't verify the publisher of the driver, to program the board, press the reset button twice while it is connected to the pc to program it if you have the program installed.

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
www.bit.ly
XP
Country
Philippines
Well on Windows 7 it should show that it can't verify the publisher of the driver, to program the board, press the reset button twice while it is connected to the pc to program it if you have the program installed.
I tried that. The problem lies in the "Programmer" app not running notwithstanding. The dongle's driver installed just fine.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As with some others, here, I’m on Windows 7 (x64). Also, as others have stated, after the first launch, there was an error, and the Programmer application would no longer launch.

Uninstalling and reinstalling did not help, and it was not a driver issue. I even searched the registry for “Atmosphere”, and it returned nothing relevant.

Edit 2: This worked for me. I downloaded the previous NS-Atmosphere Programmer Payload tool from NS-Atmosphere. You can then download the ns-atmosphere_programmer_v02.zip (Version 02 instead of 03) by changing the link. It now works for me. Hopes this helps others.

I also had @darriousx’s idea of downloading the previous version. This method DID seem to allow the application to run!

“NS-Atmosphere.com” said:
CHANGELOG:
  • Fix the windows 7/10 bug : After opening it once, it won't open again, no matter whether it is uninstalled&reinstalled.
After a little research, it appears that this is a known issue and the manufacturer is aware of the “first launch error”. According to the changelog, v0.3 was supposed to fix the issue we are experiencing. However, I don’t believe the bug has been properly resolved.

Last edited by TiMeBoMb4u2,
Reactions: Dothackjhe

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
www.bit.ly
XP
Country
Philippines
I did not know that this product is faulty, software-side. I had better luck with the RCM X86 Dongle which, despite it's crude design, is easier to modify in terms of content.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

app not running not with standing? What you mean @Dothackjhe
Sorry, I could have stated it better. What I meant to say was, despite doing what you had just mentioned, the app still will not run.

Zer0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was also experiencing issues with the software not starting anymore, but by downloading the previous setup 0.2 it worked again.

Reactions: Dothackjhe

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
www.bit.ly
XP
Country
Philippines

nikolaki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gabon
For my part, Mac OS user: OS version of the soft never worked, uninstall an reinstall several times with no effect. It just doesn't open...
Had to install parallel desktop and a Winxp to install the windows version of the NS-atmosphere tool. Once done, had to manually install the driver and reboot again to be allowed to select COM port for the dongle.
Finally worked !!! :toot:

Last edited by nikolaki,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a