Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I recently got this NS-Atmosphere payload injector dongle:

http://www.ns-atmosphere.com/en/

I want to flash a new payload on it, so I downloaded the software linked on the site. When I chose the port, it crashed, and now won't open again. Reinstalling or running as admin makes no difference. Any ideas? :(

Reactions: kornelius

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I recently got this NS-Atmosphere payload injector dongle:

http://www.ns-atmosphere.com/en/

I want to flash a new payload on it, so I downloaded the software linked on the site. When I chose the port, it crashed, and now won't open again. Reinstalling or running as admin makes no difference. Any ideas? :(
There's instructions on my thread but i'll post them here. Type startup options in start menu click that and then click on restart on advanced. From there you can disable driver verification. When done, reinstall again by updating driver, i want to choose a driver from a list etc and then select the driver wich is located in program files. If it's hard to read is because i'm on my phone sorry for that. Restart your pc afterwards.

Last edited by kumikochan,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's instructions on my thread but i'll post them here. Type startup options in start menu click that and then click on restart on advanced. From there you can disable driver verification. When done, reinstall again by updating driver, i want to choose a driver from a list etc and then select the driver wich is located in program files. If it's hard to read is because i'm on my phone sorry for that. Restart your pc afterwards.

If it uses a driver that isn't signed properly and your machine was installed using windows 10 1607 or later then when you restart your PC then the driver will be blocked (upgrades to/past windows 10 1607 are fine).

There is a secret registry key that controls the behaviour, which you can obtain from microsoft under NDA. I've not seen it leaked.

Even intel got caught out by not signing one of it's drivers properly and didn't realise the change in policy, they tried claiming it was a bug in windows and to contact microsoft.

I've not received mine yet, but the inf says it uses usbser.sys with a custom VID/PID. It may be possible to use an alternate signed inf.

Windows 10 is supposed to be able to plug and play these CDC devices, I don't know what version of windows you're talking about.

Last edited by smf,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If your machine was installed using windows 10 1607 or later then when you restart your pc the driver will be blocked (upgrades to/past it are fine).

There is a secret registry key that controls the behaviour, which you can obtain from microsoft under NDA. I've not seen it leaked.
No it does not. I installed it that way and works fine after restarting a lot of times and still contains the driver i manually picked. EDIT sorry didn't read that last part properly

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

I'm not sure I understand the part after "When done..." :(

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t know how to install a driver manually, no

Read up on device manager

http://dellwindowsreinstallationgui...r/driver-installation-via-the-device-manager/

Ignore what it says about bluetooth, imagine it's talking about ns-atmosphere....

The relevant bit is under "Updating the Driver"

When it speaks about paths, look for the ns-atmosphere.inf that was installed when you installed it (it'll be in something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\NS-Atmosphere Programmer")

Last edited by smf,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No it shows another port. Follow the tutorial on the NS atmosphere website. Even has pictures and all

It took me a while to find that.....

http://www.ns-atmosphere.com/en/blog/programmer-usermanual/

I can't remember if I installed 1607 on this PC or not, at one point I did but I might have reformatted with an older version specifically to avoid it.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/wi...r-signing-changes-in-windows-10-version-1607/

If I get problems installing when mine turns up then I'll see if I can figure a way that works and post it here somewhere.

p.s. It looks like this is the key.... https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...igital-signature-question.69970/#post-1272392, in which case I don't have it (yet). Someone else claims you can just set it Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/WithinRafael/status/951751313171169280 & more here https://www.geoffchappell.com/notes/security/whqlsettings/index.htm

p.p.s the custom inf refers to http://www.stone-ode.com

Last edited by Quantumcat,

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No it shows another port. Follow the tutorial on the NS atmosphere website. Even has pictures and all

Is that my problem though? I have no "Unkown Device" tree. When I double clicked the RST button on the dongle, it said it was installing a device, and then said it had installed. On Device Manager I have Communications Port (COM1) and USB Serial Device (COM3), more or less like the tutorial. When I try to update the driver, I choose the NS-Atmosphere folder, but the PC tells me the best driver is already installed.

My problem is I can't even get NS-Atmosphere Programmer to open. When I try to launch the program, nothing happens.

Edit: I used a different PC and it worked fine.

Any guess as to why I can't run the Programmer?

Last edited by regnad,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is that my problem though? I have no "Unkown Device" tree. When I double clicked the RST button on the dongle, it said it was installing a device, and then said it had installed. On Device Manager I have Communications Port (COM1) and USB Serial Device (COM3), more or less like the tutorial. When I try to update the driver, I choose the NS-Atmosphere folder, but the PC tells me the best driver is already installed.

My problem is I can't even get NS-Atmosphere Programmer to open. When I try to launch the program, nothing happens.

Edit: I used a different PC and it worked fine.

Any guess as to why I can't run the Programmer?
It's because what I have said. Typ startup options on your startmenu, click advanced startup options and then go to advanced startup and restart. Then select troubleshooting and select 7 wich should be disable driver verification and then you can force manually install that driver that I told you about. But since you got it to install on that other pc it is fine I gues

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's because what I have said. Typ startup options on your startmenu, click advanced startup options and then go to advanced startup and restart. Then select troubleshooting and select 7 wich should be disable driver verification and then you can force manually install that driver that I told you about. But since you got it to install on that other pc it is fine I gues

Thank you so much for your help!

The driver you told me about is in the NS-Atmosphere folder that is installed with the app? So you disable driver verification, install the app, then go to Device Manager, right click on the device under Port, browse for the driver, and select the NS-Atmosphere folder?

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thank you so much for your help!

The driver you told me about is in the NS-Atmosphere folder that is installed with the app? So you disable driver verification, install the app, then go to Device Manager, right click on the device under Port, browse for the driver, and select the NS-Atmosphere folder?
Yes that's it

der:Tom

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hey kumikochan, i recieved my dongle today and i´ve got the same issue. I managed to update the driver, now i´ve got "NS-Atmosphere (COM8)" under Ports, but the programm still wont start no matter how often i try to reinstall...
Any tips?

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey kumikochan, i recieved my dongle today and i´ve got the same issue. I managed to update the driver, now i´ve got "NS-Atmosphere (COM8)" under Ports, but the programm still wont start no matter how often i try to reinstall...
Any tips?
Is it giving an error when selecting the com port in the program itself ? If so restarting and selecting the com port multiple times will fix that. I had the same issue and had to keep selecting the port till the error stopped and it worked after that

der:Tom

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Is it giving an error when selecting the com port in the program itself ? If so restarting and selecting the com port multiple times will fix that. I had the same issue and had to keep selecting the port till the error stopped and it worked after that

The problem is i can´t open the program at all, i click on it and it does nothing. Doesn´t matter if i´m i restart without driver signature it also just doesn´t start up, also start as admin doesn´t work.
I had it open the very first time i´ve installed it, i selected a port and it closed with an error, since that i can´t open it and i also don´t get any errors....

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The problem is i can´t open the program at all, i click on it and it does nothing. Doesn´t matter if i´m i restart without driver signature it also just doesn´t start up, also start as admin doesn´t work.
I had it open the very first time i´ve installed it, i selected a port and it closed with an error, since that i can´t open it and i also don´t get any errors....
With that i can't help you. The program works on my computer. Do you have another pc where you can install it on ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things