Hacking NPS to PS3 via FTP question

Prophit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm backing up my libary of games onto a PS3 I got rebug lite on. I'm using NPS to backup my digital libary. When I download a game it dumps it on my PC as 2 folders "Packages" and "exdata" I'm aware I have to put the exdata folder onto a usb and run ReActPSN what I'm not sure of is do just dump the package folder into the ps3 GAMES folder or can I just split them into folders with corresponding games. example: Yakuza 5 pkg file to folder HDD0/GAMES/Yakuza 5. The folders in the GAMES folder all have the letter "B" and numbers following so I'm not sure if I gotta follow some sort of naming convention. appreciate the help

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PKG files go in HDD0/PACKAGES. No naming convention. and you can repack the end installation into one pkg using a computer.

Reactions: Prophit

Prophit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks appreciate the input any links as to how to repack? I take it that doing so removes the need to do the ReActPSN step. For clarification I can puta folder titled yakuza 5 with the yakuza 5 pkg into the GAMES folder as is and be able to install it correct?

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks appreciate the input any links as to how to repack? I take it that doing so removes the need to do the ReActPSN step. For clarification I can puta folder titled yakuza 5 with the yakuza 5 pkg into the GAMES folder as is and be able to install it correct?

No that's not correct. A PKG has to be converted to folder/ISO format and not every PKG game works, and you do usually need a .rap file which is the ReactPSN step. Yakuza 5 only the Japanese version with English subtitles work. Where to find that in 2020 I have no clue. Then you have to follow a tutorial like this to convert it

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/how-to-turn-a-psn-purchased-game-into-a-iso-game-by-kayot.316/

Edit: after re-reading your first post, you may be trying to do something other than what I thought. If you're trying to install just the PKG, that should work. But if you're trying to convert Yakuza 5 to ISO/Folder format (again not all games work) that would require the link above.

Last edited by Jayinem81,
Reactions: Prophit

Prophit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Edit: after re-reading your first post, you may be trying to do something other than what I thought. If you're trying to install just the PKG, that should work. But if you're trying to convert Yakuza 5 to ISO/Folder format (again not all games work) that would require the link above."

That's correct.I'm using NPS for certain games and the download is in PKG format. I was trying to find out I just drag and drop the pkg into the GAMES folder on the PS3 HDD or do I have something else? sorry it I wasn't clear.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, furry grandma?