Hacking NPS to PS3 via FTP question

Prophit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm backing up my libary of games onto a PS3 I got rebug lite on. I'm using NPS to backup my digital libary. When I download a game it dumps it on my PC as 2 folders "Packages" and "exdata" I'm aware I have to put the exdata folder onto a usb and run ReActPSN what I'm not sure of is do just dump the package folder into the ps3 GAMES folder or can I just split them into folders with corresponding games. example: Yakuza 5 pkg file to folder HDD0/GAMES/Yakuza 5. The folders in the GAMES folder all have the letter "B" and numbers following so I'm not sure if I gotta follow some sort of naming convention. appreciate the help

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PKG files go in HDD0/PACKAGES. No naming convention. and you can repack the end installation into one pkg using a computer.

Reactions: Prophit

Prophit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks appreciate the input any links as to how to repack? I take it that doing so removes the need to do the ReActPSN step. For clarification I can puta folder titled yakuza 5 with the yakuza 5 pkg into the GAMES folder as is and be able to install it correct?

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks appreciate the input any links as to how to repack? I take it that doing so removes the need to do the ReActPSN step. For clarification I can puta folder titled yakuza 5 with the yakuza 5 pkg into the GAMES folder as is and be able to install it correct?

No that's not correct. A PKG has to be converted to folder/ISO format and not every PKG game works, and you do usually need a .rap file which is the ReactPSN step. Yakuza 5 only the Japanese version with English subtitles work. Where to find that in 2020 I have no clue. Then you have to follow a tutorial like this to convert it

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/how-to-turn-a-psn-purchased-game-into-a-iso-game-by-kayot.316/

Edit: after re-reading your first post, you may be trying to do something other than what I thought. If you're trying to install just the PKG, that should work. But if you're trying to convert Yakuza 5 to ISO/Folder format (again not all games work) that would require the link above.

Last edited by Jayinem81,
Reactions: Prophit

Prophit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Edit: after re-reading your first post, you may be trying to do something other than what I thought. If you're trying to install just the PKG, that should work. But if you're trying to convert Yakuza 5 to ISO/Folder format (again not all games work) that would require the link above."

That's correct.I'm using NPS for certain games and the download is in PKG format. I was trying to find out I just drag and drop the pkg into the GAMES folder on the PS3 HDD or do I have something else? sorry it I wasn't clear.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC