ROM Hack Now that there is a proper EO3 dump (Hex editors please read)

void03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Clydefrosch said:
which group released this so called proper dump? All I can find everywhere seems to be this nuke this thingy...
nuke this's keep scewing up for me

NukeThis dumped the rom, its a clean dump.
The previous dump,not by a group, was a bad dump.
And yes the clean dump has problems. It has no fixes whatsoever.
We are 'patiently' waiting for some fix.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
using iEDGE v1.11, only freeze encountered is when taking a seaquest. i only tried that one with the lone ninja, and the top screen froze black on me, so...

but other than maybe horrible sound on Inver Port/voyaging, no freezes or problems with the game so far. currently on B4, just beat the shit out of Narmer.

void03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Etrian_Odyessey_III_The_Drowned_City_CRACK_NDS-HADOUKEN

That just popped up recently, i'm guessing its not like out there at the moment.
Just a heads up xD

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
yep nds rom news mentioned this release , so now the only thing would be to wait for youre rom sources to have those , but from what i heard its working okay on akaio 1.7.1 .

samus_2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tested the patch, had to use command prompt as the patcher exe wouldnt stay open in vista, doesnt work with r4, the creators little picture comes across like other patched roms, but still crashes right after just like the unpatched

Mooks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
samus_2010 said:
tested the patch, had to use command prompt as the patcher exe wouldnt stay open in vista, doesnt work with r4, the creators little picture comes across like other patched roms, but still crashes right after just like the unpatched
which firmware did you use with it?

the world may never know

GrayFox2510

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Mooks said:
samus_2010 said:
which firmware did you use with it?

the world may never know

Using Wood R4 (I figured he meant YSMenu), the game is going good so far.
Just did Fukubari and Cross Slash in a single battle, and didn't freeze. I haven't tried going into the sea yet, though.

I don't have much time on my hands tonight, but in the little time I have, I'll see if I run into a freeze.

[EDIT] Well, it has frozen a couple of times still, but it's much less random. Might be something else though. *shrugs*
First time, it just froze while trying to load my data. Restarted, white screen. Removed and reinserted card, worked.
Next time, froze after a good couple of battles. I was just idling in battle (looking at something on my computer) and eventually, it froze-- music included.

Prof. 9

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The HADOUKEN crack uses a little trick to try and circumvent automatic intro bypassing like the Wood R4 does. If the intro is causing problems for you, try removing it with this hex code:

Etrian_Odyessey_III_The_Drowned_City_CRACK_NDS-HADOUKEN
00004804: F3B403EA→08C28CE5
00105C00: CF88F5EA→01C3A0E3

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
At school right now, so can't give it a try
frown.gif

Will be the first thing I do when I get home~!

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
tested on akaio 1.7.1 , on clean dump it was freezing each time ive used limit skills , on hadoukens version im using limit skills and it works fine , for now i didnt test the sailing , but still the clean dump froze 6 times in 30 minutes of playing , this one didnt freeze for 2 hours , so yes go grab this patch , cause its fully working . whoever you are great work Hadouken .

Mooks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hadouken's fix is working fine for me using wood R4, but i've heard that it doesn't work on DSTT, can anyone confirm?

songsoother

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i tried the hadouken patch, the game didn't even started. It's just stuck at the hadouken logo so i tried to get rid the logo by hex editor but it's just happened to be a white screen and the game didn't start at all, so when i tried using ds emulator the game just start fine. so i guessed my r4 clone just sucks -_-.

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
no it should work on dstt and r4 as well , did you patch the nuke this rom file or the other bad dump ? my friend plays this on r4 wood at works without problems .

TheDiver

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
(Sorry if I'm reviving a sorta dead topic, after all this is two weeks old)

Doesn't work on DSTT 1.17 or 1.18, seems to be giving -4 error even after I applied the patch, any solutions?

TheDiver

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Nope. doesn't work, guess EOIII wasn't in the newest loader files, that will have to wait until someone can find the coding.

I swear though, about the various freezing issues, the Japanese version, after the JPN AP fix ran smoothly on any card a week after it was released (Seen this with my own eyes I did, didn't even freeze on old R4 firmware after 3 hours), did Atlus USA make the AP even harder to crack or something?

TheDiver

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Again, sorry for reviving this topic that should be dead and forgotten, and also sorry for double posting, but I thought I'd like to share for DSTT users that the DSTT clone, DSTT-ADV's firmware can get the Hadouken patched EOIII up to the Hadouken screen, although it freezes right after, probably not news or anything, but it's still a bit of progress past the -4 error screen.

http://www.dstt-adv.com/download-1.html

Hopefully the only person working on the newest loaders, retrogamefan, can eventually get to EOIII.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to