Hacking Now that the PS3 Keys have been leaked...

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ato Puro said:
siliconmessiah said:
gaming has lost a lot of soul since the days of N64/PSX/PS2, but Nintendo and it´s games are still hanging on to originality, and many of them are still a decent challenge (Zelda & Mario for example), and you don´t get your "hand held" for the whole of the game, as in many of the new games on 360/PS3.

Same thing here. I only play VG nowadays because of Nintendo (new controls and games). Otherwise, it'd BioWare (on a PC) once in a blue moon....

Yeah, I have really tried to enjoy games on my 360, but the games just don´t have "that thing". They have beautiful graphics & all. But the majority of games are repetitive, boring, too easy (nowadays you don´t even have to follow the dialogue in rpg:s to know where to go!). Most of the 360/PS3 games are also available on PC, and plays better on this platform.

Therefore, I am not sure that PS3 in the long run will be a winner only because the PS3-keys have leaked. I´m sorry that I seem to sound like an old grumpy lad. But I grew up with gaming just as many here on this forum, but have seen a lot of what made gaming fun back then disappear. My bet right now is that Nintendo´s next home-console well may be a winner in the coming clash of next-next-gen consoles.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know that i would use the work "leaked". i think of "leaked" as being when somebody on the inside purposefully, for whatever reason, gives some sort of sensitive data to people on the outside.

the PS3 key was left exposed on accident. and some genius haxxors found it.

goldenboy1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newb question, but what are some forums which will be constantly updated with the progress of ps3 scene? I'm looking for a ps3 forum similar to the one on this site for wii hacking/back up loading.

Unless there happens to be one on this site, but I just haven't seen it.
smile.gif

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wii is already past half dead USB loading and some other hacks brang some new life to to it but its ran its course I doubt PS3 will be stealing any of the Wii's attention.

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
giantpune said:
i dont know that i would use the work "leaked". i think of "leaked" as being when somebody on the inside purposefully, for whatever reason, gives some sort of sensitive data to people on the outside.

the PS3 key was left exposed on accident. and some genius haxxors found it.

A leak could also be unintentional. Like a memory leak in a program.

I'd say the keys were found due to a dumb mistake by some Sony cryptographer but is a security leak nonetheless.

As for the original topic, I for one am excited that the PS3 is wide open. My interest in Wii hacking really only went up to the USB loaders and motion based homebrew since I use my PS3 for media. I'm mainly waitiing for a good media app with NTFS support. That would mean no more container switching and file splitting to watch HD media on PS3.

I doubt the Wii scene will die any time soon. It may slow down while some devs start focusing on PS3 applications though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ