OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What's 2c-t-7 like? I've had some pretty crazy thoughts and felt very 'aware' with 2c-b, but no real visuals or anything. I recently passed up an opportunity on 2c-t-7 and am hoping that I'm not missing out on anything special. This should probably be a PM, but I think others might be interested here as well.

(For someone with no knowledge on the subject, 2c-b and 2c-t-7 are both research chemicals of the same family, and are some of more recently outlawed drugs in some countries. A more familiar substance with similar effects would be something like a mixture of LSD and Ecstasy, but definitely with their differences, which is why I was looking for a 1st-hand report.)

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
From wikipedia:

Positive

* sense of well-being (enhanced lucidity, sense of inner peace)
* emotional opening
* significant closed and open eye visuals
* increased appreciation of music

Neutral

* general change in consciousness (as with most psychoactives)
* pupil dilation
* change in perception of time
* visual hallucinations
* aural hallucinations

Negative

* nausea and vomiting
* muscle tension
* irritating body load
* muscle tremors and/or convulsions
* memory loss (at higher doses)
* delerium (at higher doses) (potentially dangerous)
* violent behavior (at higher doses)
* death

Edit: the death part wasnt really needed
huh.gif

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all let me say that I am a completely law abiding citizen and I do not condone illegal behaviour of any kind... The information provided here is simply what has been relayed to me by others or discerned from extensive reading.

Allegedly it is not that uncommon to NOT get visuals with 2cb. It is a material known primarily for its tactility enhancement despite the fact that many people do report it to be intensely visual (including Shulgin himself).

The thio analogues (that is, analogues containing a sulfur atom in place of the bromine of 2cb) are much more distincly pure psychedelics complete with intense visuals... Many people have reported the visuals to be more "malleable", and thereby less overwhelming, than most other pure psychedelics. Shulgin has called them "psychedelic tofu" before, ie, they just soak up the desired flavour of the rest of the dish.

Both compounds are in Shulgin's "top 10". This is a strong indication of their quality from a man who has tasted literally hundreds of different psychoactive compounds.

Of course I have never tasted any of these compounds, I am merely interested in them as pharmacological curiosities. I'm surprised that so many on these forums would be interested in psychoactives of any kind, I have had a PM about the name already TPi
smile.gif

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
after reading the full wikipedia entry, this stuff seems REALLY potent. Just makes me wanna try it even more
smile.gif

Shulgin writes that the hallucinations are unique. He also comments on the tenseness of his muscles and his change in voice tone, which lasted some days

TPi

One Tired Raccoon
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Fantastic, thanks for the response. Yeah, you never know where you'll find someone with similar interests. Very nice username, though.
smile.gif

From what I had seen on Erowid I thought that I may be immune or something to not be getting and geometric/pattern visuals, but everything else was as described, so it's a relief to know I'm not too abnormal.
wink.gif
I think I'll take the plunge if I get another chance. Of all people, Shulgin knows what he's talking about. I mean, he wrote the book on this stuff (literally).

If you ever do decide to take a more active role in your 'curiosities', you may discover things about yourself and have some very pleasant introspective thoughts with 2c-b. And, if you're lucky, see a triangle or something I guess.
tongue.gif

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Say "know" to drugs...

Don't even get me started on the stupidity of a "zero tolerance" policy with regards to drugs or the hypocrisy of a "war on (some) drugs"...

BTW Azimuth, 15 mg is really not that potent if you know your medicinal chemistry. The most active tryptamines (eg, LSD and its analogues) are active at hundreds of micro grams (a fraction of the dose you are talking about).

Even within the phenethylamine class, some of the "DO" analogues of "2c" compounds are up to 10 x as potent and significantly longer in duration.

If you ever come across something called DOB it is definitely one of the more interesting compounds out there. FULLY active at 3 mg, duration of up to 36 hours
wacko.gif

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Say "know" to drugs...

Don't even get me started on the stupidity of a "zero tolerance" policy with regards to drugs or the hypocrisy of a "war on (some) drugs"...

BTW Azimuth, 15 mg is really not that potent if you know your medicinal chemistry. The most active tryptamines (eg, LSD and its analogues) are active at hundreds of micro grams (a fraction of the dose you are talking about).

Even within the phenethylamine class, some of the "DO" analogues of "2c" compounds are up to 10 x as potent and significantly longer in duration.

If you ever come across something called DOB it is definitely one of the more interesting compounds out there. FULLY active at 3 mg, duration of up to 36 hoursÂ
wacko.gif

ill definitely remeber that if i get my hands on this.. thats a big if

Off topic: People should accept the fact that drug have been used for 1000s of years and that some common things today are more toxic than illegal substances; marijuana is far less addictive that caffeine and nicotine. doesn't have as many adverse effects either. War on drugs .. what a joke

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Whatever you do, have a friend with you that's NOT doing it and knows that you are.
There's always a chance horrors will befall you. Life is pretty damn strange on it's own.
I was on a very commonly prescribed psychoactive drug when I was a kid (thorazine), luckily they got me off of it in time. Severe muscle contraction with the risk of permanent disfigurement, (tardive dyskinesia) and I was "that" close. You should see my first grade class picture.. scary.

I guess what I'm saying, is you need to know everything about it and take seriously any and all possible side effects, even the "death" one.
If you're not prepared to die for a thrill (rock climbing, Joel) then you should probably leave it alone.

oh.. and don't let "the triangle" take over your life.
lecture.gif

..Oldfuddyduddy mode disengaged..

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take Mr.Nite's advice! Always bring a buddy with you that will have full consciousness. This insures that you won't wake up in a french maid two piece, on a merry-go-round, laying next to a 70 year old clown/nun who's breath smells like baby carrots. Snipers always bring along a partner with them. Do you know why? So they won't end up pregnant the following morning...

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
1stgrade.jpg

Actually on second look, I appear rather thoughtful...
..or 'tarded... you be the judge.
(I'm the one in the middle if you didn't guess)
..speaking of judge.. Phoenix Wright on the far right
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5