Notice something strange each gameboy emulator

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested each gameboy emulator (Include advance version.) for pokemon yellow as Pikachu sound effect. There is emit static sound when u press button in title theme in pikachu's voice. Also emit static sound when Pikachu don't like inside pokeball and battle too. Why most gameboy emulator didn't have pikachu's voice? I do have real gameboy color and I play that game and it have Pikachu's voice in title theme, dislike pokeball, and in battle too. Anyone have any idea why mostly emulator don't work for pikachu's voice?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just to name a few, VBA-M SVN and BGB emulate it correctly (you can hear PIKACHU!) even if a bit static-y.
BGB also supports GBC BIOS, so it's a nice bonus.
I know, I have it for that exact purpose! :P

If only VBA-M would support it...

Not that I like VBA-M anymore, it's just a clunky amass of coding with no elegance whatsoever, but it's so filled with functions that it's difficult to drop it.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just to name a few, VBA-M SVN and BGB emulate it correctly (you can hear PIKACHU!) even if a bit static-y.
It's static-y on the original hardware aswell, the Gameboy's sound circuitry wasn't perfect. :P
Thought as much. I seriously need to buy an original Gameboy :P

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like trying this on goomba to see if it works. Weird that of all things, the DS can't emulate the sound properly : /

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like trying this on goomba to see if it works. Weird that of all things, the DS can't emulate the sound properly : /
Surprisingly that's actually more likely to have a better effect than Lameboy. Goomba / Goomba Color used the GBC sound hardware for their audio "emulation" (it wasn't really emulated). This GBC sound hardware is inaccessible in DS mode, so the audio had to be fully software-emulated in Lameboy and GNUboyDS and the very-alpha version of Goomba Color DS that mangled the sound somewhat severely.

EDIT: if you're wondering what I mean with the "Goomba Color DS" thing, see this video and check the PocketHeaven forums for the download.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*hit my forehead* do'h! I totally forgot about bgb emulator cuz it my first time emulator. I wonder bgb have great update since 2007. I didnt use that emulator since that time.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, I notice Lameboy DS didnt support sgb. gb and gbc does support. Any idea I can find emulator for ds support sbg? I meant I notice GBC A.D. dont support sgb. Only GB and GBC. Any kind emulator on my phone support sgb?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that depends on what type of phone you have, as you didn't specify. Chances are though, any phone GB/GBC emulator will be a port of VisualBoyAdvance. Depending on the version and the platform it was ported to, it's anyone's guess if your particular version supports various things. Most likely those ports of VBA won't have support for Super Game Boy borders or colors, or sound for that matter.

*blinks for a second and suddenly remembers where he heard the name "GBC A.D." before)

Okay, so you're on a jailbroken iPhone with Cydia. The problem is: even gpSP (gpsPhone on the iPhone (and tons of other consoles for that matter)) couldn't recreate the SGB the same way that Goomba Color could.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use Iphone anymore because it is not support service at the mountain. I have android phone. I look up in Play Store. There are two of them, but have to pay. VGB and VGBA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)