prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
cQD9P.jpg
Markus Persson, aka Notch, the man behind current cult darling Minecraft, has revealed that he's about to get a little more serious, setting up a studio and hiring some help to work on a new game.

He's gone into business with a "close friend", and will be bringing on some more developers so the studio can work on both his current baby and a game that "will be developed in parallel with Minecraft, and has a fairly different style both in visuals and gameplay".

This title is based on a "game idea he and I have talked about for a few years". So no, it's not Minecraft 2. Those worried about the fate of Minecraft, Persson says he will continue to work on the game "just as I have now". He'll just have some help, is all.[/p]Source
Notchs blog

Couple of days old but I don't think it's been posted.
DERP, POSTING EVERYTHING FROM KOTAKU IS FUN.

I want NPCs, SMP done and Rathalos

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
tails100 said:
Yay minecraft =D I like that game, they should make ports! (that are online)
The game will require Notch to complete re-write the code since it's made in Java.
Not like it needs ports, it works on Windows, Mac and Linux. Console ports will be lame.

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
tails100 said:
Yay minecraft =D I like that game, they should make ports! (that are online)
The game will require Notch to complete re-write the code since it's made in Java.
Not like it needs ports, it works on Windows, Mac and Linux. Console ports will be lame.
Well yea it will prolly be lame but everyone would like a console version or a portable version like for ipod touch, DS and PSP.

iGotTheSmores

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A WOOT is in order! Hopefully we'll see this go in a good direction. I have began to go dull of the minimal resources and limited crafting.

I swear, when I purchased Minecraft I played through that night for something like 15 Hrs straight. I don't know what about it, but its just so addicting.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I agree Smores.
The game was fully addictive once I first bought it, I've took a small break from it now though since when I play it, I just can't come up with enough good ideas or motivation to build.

Though I've had a break from it before and it got as addictive when I first played it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo