Notch (Minecraft dev) Hiring Help

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by prowler, Sep 9, 2010.

Sep 9, 2010
  1. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]
    Markus Persson, aka Notch, the man behind current cult darling Minecraft, has revealed that he's about to get a little more serious, setting up a studio and hiring some help to work on a new game.

He's gone into business with a "close friend", and will be bringing on some more developers so the studio can work on both his current baby and a game that "will be developed in parallel with Minecraft, and has a fairly different style both in visuals and gameplay".

This title is based on a "game idea he and I have talked about for a few years". So no, it's not Minecraft 2. Those worried about the fate of Minecraft, Persson says he will continue to work on the game "just as I have now". He'll just have some help, is all.[/p]Source
    Notchs blog

Couple of days old but I don't think it's been posted.
    DERP, POSTING EVERYTHING FROM KOTAKU IS FUN.

I want NPCs, SMP done and Rathalos

2. Maplemage

Member Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Antarctica
    Yay minecraft =D I like that game, they should make ports! (that are online)
    I WANT LAGIACRUS! or JHEN MORHAN!

3. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    The game will require Notch to complete re-write the code since it's made in Java.
    Not like it needs ports, it works on Windows, Mac and Linux. Console ports will be lame.

4. Maplemage

Member Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Antarctica
    Well yea it will prolly be lame but everyone would like a console version or a portable version like for ipod touch, DS and PSP.

5. iGotTheSmores

Newcomer iGotTheSmores Member

United States
    A WOOT is in order! Hopefully we'll see this go in a good direction. I have began to go dull of the minimal resources and limited crafting.

I swear, when I purchased Minecraft I played through that night for something like 15 Hrs straight. I don't know what about it, but its just so addicting.

6. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    I agree Smores.
    The game was fully addictive once I first bought it, I've took a small break from it now though since when I play it, I just can't come up with enough good ideas or motivation to build.

Though I've had a break from it before and it got as addictive when I first played it.