Notch (Minecraft dev) Hiring Help

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by prowler, Sep 9, 2010.

1. prowler
    OP

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Zimbabwe
    Ragol
    [​IMG]
    Markus Persson, aka Notch, the man behind current cult darling Minecraft, has revealed that he's about to get a little more serious, setting up a studio and hiring some help to work on a new game.

He's gone into business with a "close friend", and will be bringing on some more developers so the studio can work on both his current baby and a game that "will be developed in parallel with Minecraft, and has a fairly different style both in visuals and gameplay".

This title is based on a "game idea he and I have talked about for a few years". So no, it's not Minecraft 2. Those worried about the fate of Minecraft, Persson says he will continue to work on the game "just as I have now". He'll just have some help, is all.[/p]Source
    Notchs blog

Couple of days old but I don't think it's been posted.
    DERP, POSTING EVERYTHING FROM KOTAKU IS FUN.

I want NPCs, SMP done and Rathalos

2. Maplemage

Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Sep 23, 2008
    Why would you care?
    Yay minecraft =D I like that game, they should make ports! (that are online)
    I WANT LAGIACRUS! or JHEN MORHAN!

3. prowler
    OP

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Zimbabwe
    Ragol
    The game will require Notch to complete re-write the code since it's made in Java.
    Not like it needs ports, it works on Windows, Mac and Linux. Console ports will be lame.

4. Maplemage

Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Sep 23, 2008
    Why would you care?
    Well yea it will prolly be lame but everyone would like a console version or a portable version like for ipod touch, DS and PSP.

5. iGotTheSmores

iGotTheSmores Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2010
    United States
    A WOOT is in order! Hopefully we'll see this go in a good direction. I have began to go dull of the minimal resources and limited crafting.

I swear, when I purchased Minecraft I played through that night for something like 15 Hrs straight. I don't know what about it, but its just so addicting.

6. prowler
    OP

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Zimbabwe
    Ragol
    I agree Smores.
    The game was fully addictive once I first bought it, I've took a small break from it now though since when I play it, I just can't come up with enough good ideas or motivation to build.

Though I've had a break from it before and it got as addictive when I first played it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice