Not64 Update

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by starwarsfan541, Aug 31, 2012.

1. justjack

justjack GBAtemp Regular

Feb 10, 2009
    Chile
    Tested this new version (on original Wii) and Perfect Dark plays great. It used to have a small slowdown every time you shot somebody but that doesn't happen anymore.

Wishi, DarthDub, cvskid and 1 other person like this.

2. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Mario party 1 still has graphic issues. facelift is still a problem. sighs when will I ever be able to perfectly play this game? However it seems like the water textures seem to be working properly finally. Also... umm. When are you planning to add 16:9 support for vwii? even though putting the setting to 16:9 it doesn't make the game 16:9 even using the homebrew channel 16:9 version

Last edited by monkeyman4412, Oct 10, 2017
  3. Extrems

Extrems Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2013
    Canada
    Quebec, Canada
    I don't understand. It is supported.

4. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    There's gotta be something wrong on your end.
    Either with the forwarder Wii VC channel, your setup or something else, it is supposed to work with 16:9.

5. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    no there isn't. It doesn't work correctly. And my setup is fine. All homebrew in 16:9 works except that one works just fine. The menu will display in 16:9 but not the game itself.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Maybe I'm remembering stuff incorrectly. Because when I did use not64 on a normal wii (which is bricked rip) it did display the menu and the game at that ratio. But in vwii only the not64 menu displays in 16:9, but not the game.

never mind I was thinking of something else my bad.

6. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    How is Jet Force Gemini on the new version of Not64?

7. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    so extrems how is gamepad addition coming along? xD

KiiWii likes this.
  8. kiddy dong

kiddy dong Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2016
    United States
    Wow, tons of updates in the last month! You rock Extrems, thanks for taking the time for this. I thought N64 emulator development on Wii was never going to pick up again.

Is there a changelist anywhere to get an overview of what was added/fixed?

Wishi likes this.
  9. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    So there was an update 21 or so hours ago, and I see some changes to memory or something? Do we know what was changed in this version? Maybe now the Wii U/vWii can handle sound without using linear interpolation ;)

Last edited by the_randomizer, Oct 10, 2017
  10. justjack

justjack GBAtemp Regular

Feb 10, 2009
    Chile
    Pokemon Puzzle League boots now, but the graphics are all messed up anyways.

Extrems likes this.
  11. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Amazing release, @Extrems. Popular games are full speed almost everytime now (Banjo Kazooei/Tooei, Goldeneye, Conker), others are more playable (Extreme G), and even titles which work now, like Chameleon Twist. NBA Hang Time runs very slow in-game, but looks very nice. Others like Dr. Mario 64, Magical Tetris and The New Tetris still won't show the puzzle pieces, but are slowly getting there. Special mention to Mega Man 64 that runs almost perfect now, from what i could quickly check.

Just 2 bugs that i encountered: If your Wii U Pro Controller turns off because of inactivity, it will come back detected like a Wii Classic Controller, but input won't work again. The other one was related to sound, sometimes if you go back to Not64 menu when sound is being produced, a high-pitched note will stay on the menu too.

Last edited by niuus, Oct 11, 2017
    KiiWii, rogerioronin and Wishi like this.
  12. DeezTits

DeezTits GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2014
    United States
    Does it make up for only ~4 updates in the last 2 years? Is it functional? Does it play any game fully? What controllers does it support? WiiU gamepad? Gamecube controller adpater, perhaps? Who knows! There's no changelog. Testing blindly having it randomly crash my system is old now. The WiiU is a sturdy piece of hardware, but I imagine it can only take so many hard crash reboots.

ShadowOne333 likes this.
  13. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    If you have an original Wii to play it on, it would be a lot faster to load up and test it on IMO. I'd rather sacrifice my Wii to test than a Wii U. Many games do run full speed now, some games that used to crash no longer do, but it still can only go so far on a 729 MHz PPC CPU.

14. seam

seam GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    Thats great to hear. btw chameleon twist has been working for at least 4 years. I know cuz ive had it on my wii for that long. I'm gonna test banjo/tooie, goldeneye, perfect dark, and conker when I have the chance.

oh and has anyone tested castlevania, dk64, quake 2, or turok 2 on this latest build? I would but i just dont have time this week

15. niuus

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    I never tested outside of the Japanese Kamereon Tsuisuto (the one i am using), since i am not interested in the PAL or USA release, but good to hear =D. Works 100% now for me.

Out of the other games, i only play Doom and DK64, which were totally fine in a quick gameplay.

16. seam

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    so donkey kong64 no longer has that camera glitch?

17. Extrems

Extrems Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2013
    Canada
    Quebec, Canada
    The camera is still glitching, but the vertices aren't.

The camera need depth buffer access from the CPU.

18. niuus

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Remember, quick gameplay. Not a fan of DK64, so, haven't gone too far. It runs pretty fluid, though.

Wishi likes this.
  19. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    A good way to test to see if the poking vertex issue remains is letting the demo run/auto play a bit, when Donkey Kong swings on the ropes.

Edit: Ninja'd

20. seam

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    hey random, youre always testing this. can u test castlevania, quake 2, and turok 2? and do the rare games really run a bit smoother now? PD, goldeneye, banjos, conker, etc.