Homebrew Not64 Update

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow goldeneye actually works respectably now pretty cool the sound is just alittle off. Im happy someones working on n64 if there was a update to wiisx that would be awesome 2 both these emulators are so close to perfection

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does anyone have this like screen shifting problem with dk64? i dunno how to describe it but the screens keeps moving by itself...anyone no if you can get past this.. besides that the actual speed seems to be decent

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's sad when one person can do more in a few months than the actual Wii64 team does in more than a year.

Edit 10:50PM

Just tried it out and I must say that I'm quite impressed. Mario 64, Star Fox 64, Wave Race all ran extremely well (very little performance drop). Tried Hybrid Heaven and the title screen (plus rotation) ran full speed but crashed during the first cutscene

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
does anyone have this like screen shifting problem with dk64? i dunno how to describe it but the screens keeps moving by itself...anyone no if you can get past this.. besides that the actual speed seems to be decent
Yeah, the camara readjusting istelf is still a problem. That hasn't been fixed yet.

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If only WiiSX was improved.....
honestly if wii64 and wiisx were perfected the wii would be such a powerhouse in my mind... Wiisx isint bad either i mean it runs a higher percentage of games well then the original wii64 did up untill a couple months ago with these not64 updates

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Conkers bad fur day actually starts in interpreter mode! you cant play it for shit but at least it starts! There getting there!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly if wii64 and wiisx were perfected the wii would be such a powerhouse in my mind... Wiisx isint bad either i mean it runs a higher percentage of games well then the original wii64 did up untill a couple months ago with these not64 updates

It's also a matter of proper code optimization, if this could be done, and all other GPU/SPU plugin glitches were fixed, it would be even better. With the advent of the Wii U, I lose hope that the team will continue to work on these two emulators.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Really the solution to getting WiiSX running perfect is getting hardware accelerated graphics in there, that's really all it needs for most PSX games to run perfectly. And CD audio support but I understand that comes at a performance cost.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Tried the update. Seems framerate is a little higher now, and Disney's Donald Duck - Goin' Quackers is now pretty playable.

Fyi, a pic/list of playable (from good to perfect) games with this core:
15pgwme.jpg

Also for anyone interested, i had recently uploaded some wii64 savegames here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/i-found-...-file-to-wii64-eep.236605/page-2#post-4433166

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
dk64 shouldn't be in that list it's not playable unless you love having the cam constantly zooming in and out!
it's not that bad, the game runs quite smoothly imho

You haven't tested any of the Mario Party games? I heard 3 is supposed to be perfect sans a few slow downs
You' re absolutely right, i have not. I am not a fan of that series :shy:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end