Hacking not-losing gamesaves upon transfer

johnnymo84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey gang,

This is going to sound like a total n00b question but...

I have an EZFA 256. I have five or six games on there but I want to change which they are. Problem is, I don't want to lose my saved games. Is it possible to put my saved games on my computer and put them back on my EZFA later? Keep in mind, this is the first EZF, not II through V. I'd really appreciate some help on this! Thanks so much!

- John

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you clarify which cartridge you've got, people often get the EZFA (clear red plastic) muddled up with the EZ-F products created by a different manufacturer (which the previous post is referring to).

If you have the actual EZFA (clear red one), the software you use to put games on the cartridge has an icon for save backups. Start the client software, connect the cartridge, click on the game you want to back up the save for and hit the 8th icon along the top, should say something like "back up save to file" when you hover the mouse on it. Repeat for each game.

The 7th icon, "update save", is what you use to put the saves from your computer back onto the EZFA.

(See the EZFA FAQ for more info about using the cartridge)

johnnymo84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I have the clear red plastic one. I'll try what you recommended tonight! Thanks Mooney and Psyfira! I will try your suggestions tonight and let you know how it worked out. I appreciate all the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7