NOT happy with dealextreme =/

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ordered an R4 NDS 8 days ago and it said ... ''Typically ships in 2 to 3 days''.

Delivery would be 14 days on top of that but I even paid extra for the EMS express shipping so that it would (by their estimates) be here by now - but it still hasn't even left the factory. What's the point is paying for express shipping if I'm going to have to wait two weeks whilst it sits in the factory?

Not a happy customer.

AeroScap

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didnt order using EMS and it took 3 days FROM leaving HK.
They arent specific enough, but that is what they mean.

So it's the time from leaving Hong Kong that they are quoting there.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ordered 5 things from them a couple months back (none of them being DS products though)... they sent the order in 3 packages and the 3rd package has yet to be sent, the first package didn't ship until 2 weeks after placing the order. Count yourself lucky if you are getting your stuff within a couple weeks, they don't seem to know the stock of their suppliers/shippers when they list items.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You need to order something without ems and don't think about it for a while because it can take 1 month befor you receive something.. but he.. it's free

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah sorry just a bit miffed.
biggrin.gif

Here is the quote in full...
"Shipping Estimation: Typically ships in 2 to 3 days and delivers in 14 days."

I've paid for the 4 day express shipping, so 3 days in the factory plus the 4 days delivery would be great .. but 8 days later and it still hasn't even left HK. I know it is just an estimate but it's now twice as long and still no sign of it leaving.

So, if took 3 days for you but how long in total from ordering it to arriving at your door?

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered 5 things from them a couple months back (none of them being DS products though)... they sent the order in 3 packages and the 3rd package has yet to be sent, the first package didn't ship until 2 weeks after placing the order. Count yourself lucky if you are getting your stuff within a couple weeks, they don't seem to know the stock of their suppliers/shippers when they list items.

Damn... I didn't realise, all I had read was good reports about them.
blink.gif

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to order something without ems and don't think about it for a while because it can take 1 month befor you receive something.. but he.. it's free

The shotgun approach to cutomer service isn't my kinda thing. I've paid the extra $14 for EMS - I expect the service ONCE it finally leaves the bloody factory!

I have learnt from this and will buy from elsewhere in the future. It's that simple I guess.

AeroScap

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There was a topic in their forum regarding this, have a read.

Also I think they are totally reasonable! Cheap Free delivery! mainly cheap!

If you ordered at such a price there has to be a compromise, also dont forget it being flown from HK.

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you ordered at such a price there has to be a compromise, also dont forget it being flown from HK.

Seriously the money is not the main issue. I compared a few sites and the delivery time was the important thing to me. I went with dealexteme because I thought I'd have it in a week AND at a good price.

If I had know that the 3-4 days plus 4 days EMS was not accurate – I would of gone elsewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig