Hacking Not banned yet?

TPMJB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

So yesterday I learned that while my .xci dumps are legitimate, the format n1dus converts to and installs to the switch is, in fact, illegitimate. A few things:

-I have been told that if I were to play this illegitimate dump online, I'm instantly flagged for ban. For some reason I never did as Nintendo's online is pretty frequently ass. I only played online a couple times, but I swear I played Mario Kart online from one of my dumps.
-NSP files can never be legit, because it needs a server-validated ticket to be legit.

I never play online, but in a panic I deleted my Smash backup and booted it from the game cart. Works fine online, though my Piranha Plant DLC was deleted.

So what does this mean for me? Unless an NSP file connects to the Nintendo servers, I'm not banned?

I enjoyed the convenience of booting directly off my home screen instead of getting off my fat ass to grab the game case, but if it gets me banned I guess I want no part in it.

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s a good question but yes you probably would be banned, this is because now there I 2 copies of a game with the same ID. Nintendo doesn’t like people hacking their systems period. I doubt they would be okay with it even if what you are doing is legal.

(I was banned for dumping my keys for themes...)

TPMJB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s a good question but yes you probably would be banned, this is because now there I 2 copies of a game with the same ID. Nintendo doesn’t like people hacking their systems period. I doubt they would be okay with it even if what you are doing is legal.

(I was banned for dumping my keys for themes...)
I was told that there's no question about it - connecting with an NSP would be a pretty quick ban.

Dumping keys shouldn't be a ban - I've done that. IIRC before Atmosphere it was like asking for bans, though, as it sent telemetry data to Ninty.

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should have listened when told there's no such thing as "installing an XCI", tbh. Banning from Nintendo is sometimes instant, sometiems it's in waves. Either way, you should never have gone online once you started installing NSPs on your console tbh, and pirating DLC is extra foolish.

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You should have listened when told there's no such thing as "installing an XCI", tbh. Banning from Nintendo is sometimes instant, sometiems it's in waves. Either way, you should never have gone online once you started installing NSPs on your console tbh, and pirating DLC is extra foolish.

Emunand for the win :c

TPMJB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the game cart. I got the Piranha Plant DLC because I bought the game cart and entered the code Nintendo gave me (I'll probably have to reinstall it.)

Huh, apparently having you on ignore doesn't block you from my threads. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Anyway, if it's "in waves" apparently I haven't been banned in any of the waves since ~November.

Reactions: Owenge

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the game cart. I got the Piranha Plant DLC because I bought the game cart and entered the code Nintendo gave me (I'll probably have to reinstall it.)

Huh, apparently having you on ignore doesn't block you from my threads. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Anyway, if it's "in waves" apparently I haven't been banned in any of the waves since ~November.
You should honestly just save up the $30 and purchase SXOS if you need a beginners solution - which it sounds as though you do.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just to be safe-ish maybe keep to running OFW when going online... I've been doing that with SXOS since well, as soon as they released SXpro last summer, still not banned. But I don't play online anyway, my connecting has only been to update games (when I couldn't find certain updates on those iso places) or the system (not until SXOS supports it, still on 6.2 or whatever still works).

TPMJB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be safe-ish maybe keep to running OFW when going online... I've been doing that with SXOS since well, as soon as they released SXpro last summer, still not banned. But I don't play online anyway, my connecting has only been to update games (when I couldn't find certain updates on those iso places) or the system (not until SXOS supports it, still on 6.2 or whatever still works).
I mean, people say that but I'm probably safe on CFW when just running game carts. If I get banned it will be a good lesson for the community since everything I do is really vanilla. I don't do gamesave editing or play any pirated games.

Though I imagine if I'm not banned, would-be pirates won't get banned so long as their NSP files don't access online services.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You should honestly just save up the $30 and purchase SXOS if you need a beginners solution - which it sounds as though you do.
If TeamX's solution was free I wouldn't get it out of spite. They caused me a dickload of hours in figuring out an RGH2 solution with their current chips (that srsly worked gaiz), only to release new chips some months later claiming that "Oh, these chips actually worked instead of our bullshit from before."

They had the gall to say our chips purchased from one of their vendors was counterfeit because their proposed RGH2 solution "worked"

I would buy another switch before I would support Team-X

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, people say that but I'm probably safe on CFW when just running game carts. If I get banned it will be a good lesson for the community since everything I do is really vanilla. I don't do gamesave editing or play any pirated games.

Though I imagine if I'm not banned, would-be pirates won't get banned so long as their NSP files don't access online services.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If TeamX's solution was free I wouldn't get it out of spite. They caused me a dickload of hours in figuring out an RGH2 solution with their current chips (that srsly worked gaiz), only to release new chips some months later claiming that "Oh, these chips actually worked instead of our bullshit from before."

They had the gall to say our chips purchased from one of their vendors was counterfeit because their proposed RGH2 solution "worked"

I would buy another switch before I would support Team-X
Right... but when spite might have cost you a $300 console, isn't that a bit daft?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol