• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 1,754
  • Replies 6
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted_171835

OP
vice.com has a nice article on the use of marijuana in North Korea. Despite the well deserved reputation for being a highly controlled society it seems the use of marijuana is rather higher than most might expect. That said it seems there is a rather large difference between how it is viewed there and how it is often viewed by certain groups in much of the rest of the world.

Though it is viewed as something of a poor person's vice it seems it is enjoyed by a rather broad section of North Korean society and even finds fans among the military there.

North Korea, the most tight-lipped, conservative, and controlling country in the world is also a weed-smoker’s paradise. Despite the government’s deadly serious stance on the use and distribution of hard drugs like crystal meth (which has a notorious legacy in the country), marijuana is reportedly not considered a drug. As a result, it’s the discerning North Korean gentleman’s roll-up of choice, suggesting that, for weed smokers at least, North Korea might just be paradise after all.

http://www.vice.com/read/north-korea-is-stoned-all-the-time-which-explains-a-lot

Best Korea.

Reactions: Ace

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess if you're starving to death because of a communist dictatorship induced famine you may as well roll a joint before you die. North Korea is also a hot bed for cannibalism for what it's worth

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, it's even the subject of North Korean music.

S2sMd.png

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess if you're starving to death because of a communist dictatorship induced famine you may as well roll a joint before you die. North Korea is also a hot bed for cannibalism for what it's worth

Not sure if I would want to smoke weed if I was already starving what with all the munchies.... Of course maybe that explains the cannibalism?

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That's more like torturing yourself even more, why would you roll a joint only to remember there's no food!. Sad days for those Koreans

Indeed, it's even the subject of North Korean music.

S2sMd.png
This is too dope

Reactions: dickfour

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.