Norman Reedus says he's "just started" working on Death Stranding 2

Death-Stranding-Reedus-Kojima.jpg

In an interview with entertainment website Leo a few days ago, Norman Reedus casually announced that he's begun working on a sequel to Death Stranding. The interview was promoting Reedus' upcoming novel and mostly focused on that and his upcoming Walking Dead spinoff, with only a little attention given to his video game work. But when the interviewer prompts Reedus to talk about Death Stranding, he blurts out "We just started the second one."

The sequel isn't discussed any further, as they instead delve into how Reedus first became involved with Kojima (through their mutual collaborator Guillermo del Toro) and the process of filming for a video game. "It took me maybe two or three years to finish all the MoCap sessions and everything. It takes a lot of work. And then the game came out, and it just won all these awards, and it was a huge thing," says Reedus, before casually adding again, "so we just started part two of that."

Given the casual nature of the reveal and lack of details, it's possible Reedus didn't know this hadn't already been announced, or was simply slipping it in to help draw attention to an interview focused on his novel. Either way, that seems to be all the information we'll be getting for now and, if Reedus' estimation of "two or three years" to film the game is accurate, it's likely we won't be seeing Death Stranding 2 any time soon.

:arrow: Source

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why not Walking Death Stranding? Where he can be the protag and beat all the violent scums in the world of the dead.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't believe TWD is still going. Don't get passed season 3 (4?). Not because it was bad, but it was just getting too long for me and the spinoffs didn't help.

Is the Zombie theme still very popular?

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
konami owns silent hill so...i kinda wished they proceeded releasing silent hills before kojima left.
For one, Konami canned Silent Hills development before Kojima left, if anything Kojima left because Konami was just straight out going full head up the ass strategy with their plans and only wanted to have him focus on MGS which he was getting tired of doing. The end result was him walking away soon after V released.

Secondly, I doubt there was much even developed for the game even after all was said and done. One could argue that Konami canned it because of all the big names attached to the project was ballooning the investment of the project to the extent of it not being feasible on a profit scale. Something that may have been unfortunately true since the Horror genre of games tend to not be big money makers in the grand scale of things with a lot of big name projects from other studios getting canned before release or having to compromise on their vision to see release at all (Dead Space 3 anyone?)

At the end of the day Kojima had finally gotten what he wanted from Konami, Konami was in the beginning transition of rethinking their priority in the market, eventually pulling out of gaming all together in a few years after the fact. It was the right thing at the worst possible time which killed a dream project and a game that could have truly been the best in its class.

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Death Stranding was such an awesome game. Perfect to kick back with a blunt or a drink and play for hours.

I have to admit, using a trainer for the DC edition to have infinite materials made it much more enjoyable to build the highway. Also, ziplines make the snow covered mountains so much easier to traverse. The first time I played I did it all on foot/vehicle, I hated that section so much lol.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cheating while on drugs 👍 what fun!

i've interacted with some people who were smoking and all I'm going to say is that the USA is destroying itself and its people by not only allowing drugs and weed but encouraging it.
Canada is only the second country in the world to legalize weed (first being Urugua or smth like that)
We did it before usa hehehe

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cheating while on drugs 👍 what fun!

i've interacted with some people who were smoking and all I'm going to say is that the USA is destroying itself and its people by not only allowing drugs and weed but encouraging it.
So you're an annoying little shit who doesn't have friends, and interacted (annoyed) people who were trying to enjoy their high... Got it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-