• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Normal twitter behavior

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The people hating this ad, and the people loving this ad, are doing exactly what McDonald's wanted. People are making a big fuss about a fast food chain's ad.

Also, back in 2014 or 2015, McDonald's used to give a 1 dollar Big Mac or Double Cheese burger to new customers who downloaded their app and made an account. I of course abused this sale for a few months, by making new emails every day. It got to the point where I felt ill looking at the McDonald's logo. But I was broke as fuck. I still feel ill seeing their icon.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really get the issue. Here in the UK Mcdonalds being "A lovely thing to do with your family" has been running theme throughout their advertising for years.

I swear the older I get the dumber the shit people argue about online gets.
Sometimes it feels like it's just arguing for the sake of arguing, people are too bored nowadays

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mcdonalds is bether than chick fil-a for many reasons including the're homophobic stances
Post automatically merged:

i'd say fux "**** you X* ON x TO GET BANNED to prove a point and give elon the old middle digit X is trash as i agree with most of you guys fyi you know he's a kempomine addict (almost the same as the shit that killed MJ) a general anistetic

Last edited by chrisrlink,

GengarsGhostlyGiggles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
cute, but mcdonalds is still evil. nearly all global corporations are.
just look up how they make their fries, their potatoes use the strongest pesticides on earth which can't be good for humans.

Vetusomaru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
cute, but mcdonalds is still evil. nearly all global corporations are.
Yes, they are. Why do you think they do virtue signaling crap like pretending to care about human rights when they use literal slaves to make their products and giving you lecturings about enviroment when same corporations pollute the environment the most?

Vetusomaru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Stupid people were always a thing but when the internet became more mainstream to normies from early 2010s and after thanks to smartphones and social media these stupid people became even more stupider. Like with all these schizos that lost their shit over a harmless Japanese McDonald's ad. How do you explain this phenomenon?

In the past if you made a fuss over an anime drawing, everyone would laugh at you. But now it's suddenly the norm to treat anime drawings like CP.

Reactions: DragonMals

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
stupid people became even more stupider.

I assuming thy the creation of TikTok, Snapchat, and other "Shorts" related apps started to to make people much more unintelligent? I was born when it was vaguely like that. Nobody was really using the shorts type of stuff until early high school, BUT people were definitely using Snapchat around 5th and 6th grade.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Vetusomaru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I assuming thy the creation of TikTok, Snapchat, and other "Shorts" related apps started to to make people much more unintelligent? I was born when it was vaguely like that. Nobody was really using the shorts type of stuff until early high school, BUT people were definitely using Snapchat around 5th and 6th grade.
Even before TikTok people already got stupider, especially thanks to tumblr, twitter, reddit etc.

Also for some reason even middle age and old people are into TikTok. I opened an account for the heck of it because some good humoristic and lewd videos were from TikTok but I deleted my account 5-10 minutes after opening it because of the cringe fest and the annoying interface/format.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Even before TikTok people already got stupider, especially thanks to tumblr, twitter, reddit etc.

I see.... Twitter is just a mess at this point especially ever since Elon changed its branding. Tumblr, j don't even like them anymore because they used to be smart taking the NSFW off of the platform but assuming because of Twitters downfall in an attempt to lure people back into using it they brought it back? I personally am a guy that hates lewd content, so in my eyes, I personally find both apps to just be corrupted, and so as Reddit. I've learned from some people that 69 and most other memes came from that site and it just gives me more of a reason to never make an account on there.

Also for some reason even middle age and old people are into TikTok.

I thought only teenagers used this platform. Guess that everyone doesn't understands how bad this platform can actually be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up