Hacking normal DS: best/cheapest flash card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drcrappants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are lots of topics for DSI and 3DS but none for normal DS. what's the cheapest and still very good flashcard? i see r4 is only 4$ but is probably fake/bad quality.

i got an acekard2i in the past and that was good, though it was 12$ and am wondering if there is a similar quality one without the dsi compatability for cheaper.

thanks

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A wood compatable R4
smile.gif
The $4 might not be a fake one, where did you see it?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CherrySkitty said:
Maybe a DSTT with YSMenu will work? My friend uses it and it's good.
Wood gets constant updates, and R4's build quality is also good.
Any new games released gets an update within 1-2 days, which is great about wood
smile.gif
!

drcrappants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
A wood compatable R4
smile.gif
WOOD compatible? never heard of that and tbh thought i was getting trlled
tongue.gif

i saw the 4$ stuff on the r4 subforum. is that legit and has good quality (i dont even know what good quality is for flash cards anymore)

just want to be able to put backed up games on a flashcard on a 2gb or 4gb sd card if possible (do 8s work now?)

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Errr a cheap DS/DSL flashcart would have to be the original R4 (If it's even possible to find anymore) or the Acekard2i from what I can think of.... There are a bunch of cheap R4's but sometimes there's no telling which is a clone and which isn't.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
drcrappants said:
Tanveer said:
A wood compatable R4
smile.gif
tongue.gif

i saw the 4$ stuff on the r4 subforum. is that legit and has good quality (i dont even know what good quality is for flash cards anymore)

just want to be able to put backed up games on a flashcard on a 2gb or 4gb sd card if possible (do 8s work now?)

Yes, but not on said R4.

R4 with Wood = cheap, no SDHC, high compatibility
Acekard 2.1/2i = cheap-ish, SDHC, Anti AntiPiracy, higher compatibility
SC DS2 = expensive, SDHC, absolutely everything, onboard processor, literal 100% compatibility, has a lot of bells and whistles not everybody needs

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
drcrappants said:
Tanveer said:
A wood compatable R4
smile.gif
tongue.gif

Yes, then R4 with Wood is your best option for the CHEAPEST price.
I cant be sure if Wood will work with that specific R4 you are talking about, but there are bunch out there that works. (just read the item discription or user comments to see if wood works with it).

drcrappants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
drcrappants said:
Tanveer said:
A wood compatable R4
smile.gif
tongue.gif

Yes, but not on said R4.

SC DS2 = expensive, SDHC, absolutely everything, onboard processor, literal 100% compatibility, has a lot of bells and whistles not everybody needs

hmm ok so it seems like im down to the original 2 choices. non SDHC means i can have a 4gb card for max? and how effective is anti antipiracy?

Z

Zorua

drcrappants said:
Evo.lve said:
drcrappants said:
Tanveer said:
A wood compatable R4
smile.gif
tongue.gif

Yes, but not on said R4.

hmm ok so it seems like im down to the original 2 choices. non SDHC means i can have a 4gb card for max? and how effective is anti antipiracy?

Non-sdhc means that 2GB is the limit. Acekard's Anti anti piracy isn't so effective but the DSTWO's AAP is.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
drcrappants said:
Evo.lve said:
drcrappants said:
Tanveer said:
A wood compatable R4
smile.gif
tongue.gif

Yes, but not on said R4.

NON-SDHC means you are limited to 2GB.
You CAN go for the Acekard 2i, but that would be around $10+ and the build quality is not so great.
Really, if you are looking for something cheap, you cant go wrong with a R4.

edit: Adding to Zorua. Acekards Anti-Piracy makes most games CRASH for me. Most games actually dont even load up when I have the AP-enabled

drcrappants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys are all awesome thanks for the help.
ill think about whether I need a 2gb max or want a 4gb (is max 32GB?) capable flashcard for an extra 7$.

the R4 i saw for 2.70$ was from china so shipping got it to 10.20. sad.
an american 6$ one but shipping is 4$.
can anyone suggest a site with lower shipping costs (without making shipping time ridiculous)?

say i do go with a larger capacity one SDHC. would i just go with an upgraded R4 model then or convert to acekard 2.1? thanks.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
drcrappants said:
ill think about whether I need a 2gb max or want a 4gb (is max 32GB?) capable flashcard for an extra 7$.

can anyone suggest a site with lower shipping costs (without making shipping time ridiculous)?

say i do go with a larger capacity one SDHC. would i just go with an upgraded R4 model then or convert to acekard 2.1? thanks.
If you want higher capacity and cheaper price, the R4i Clone that works with Wood will still be cheaper than Acaekard 2i.
However shipping time/cost.. well you gotta consider something at least
wink.gif
I ordered my R4i 3DS from Priceangels, free shipping and it arrived today in the morning
smile.gif
. Took about 9 days.
(but the time varies from 6-21 days)

Z

Zorua

Inazuma Eleven said:
buy from the websites that shoptemp.com recommend or r4wood.com

Shoptemp doesn't sell flashcarts anymore. It lists websites which sell them. Also, I wouldn't really trust r4wood.com.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
drcrappants said:

Answering 1st question, RealHotStuff.com

Answering 2nd question, don't get any R4 other than the original one. So yeah, Ak2.1

drcrappants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks again guys. ill check realhotstuff out.

whats so bad about r4wood.com?

the old place i used to buy was dealextreme, but they dont seem to carry them anymore.

so far: r4 original if i get a 1-2gb sd, and acekard 2.1 if i get 4gb+

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Evo.lve said:
drcrappants said:

Answering 1st question, RealHotStuff.com

Answering 2nd question, don't get any R4 other than the original one. So yeah, Ak2.1
"Original one" does not exist. There are 1:1 clones.
Whats the advantage of going for an original one? The R4 team is long dead.
Any R4 that are supported by Wood is just fine. ANY of those have better build quality than a Ak2i.

D

Deleted-236924

Zorua said:
Non-sdhc means that 2GB is the limit. Acekard's Anti anti piracy isn't so effective but the DSTWO's AAP is.
There are 4GB non-SDHC cards.

Evo.lve said:
If I remember correctly, R4i Gold is officially supported by Wood, had DSi compatibility and supports microSDHC.

QUOTE(Tanveer @ Apr 12 2011, 05:56 AM)
"Original one" does not exist. There are 1:1 clones.
Of course original R4 exist.
They just aren't being made anymore.

And besides, if the clones are exactly the same as the original, then there's no difference between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello