Hacking NOR saves

B-Dawg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering if it is in anyway possible to take a save that i have on NOR and dump it on my micro sd so i can convert it, open it in VBA, cheat a little bit, and then convert back and put it back into the NOR. i have limited knowledge, but i should understand instructions that have mild complexity.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hm, lol, guess that explains why the pokemon games didn't work. Is there, in fact, a way to get the flash saves to work then?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
you can dump them, but they are not usable; it has to be modified and formatted correctly before use. thats why you have to use external hardware to dump, even then there is still extra steps you have to take for conversion of eeprom save types.

In the gba backup tool zip file there is a script to format eeprom saves to the correct format. Works only for clean eeprom rom games only. If you have a SRAM patched game, you might as well ignore everything and start from scratch since eeprom saves don't work with SRAM patched games.

For a eeprom save horror story read this, why you shouldn't put an eeprom save to a flashcart that doesn't support it, namely the 3in1:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165529

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, and blood and bones