Noob questions

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by filrus, Dec 25, 2016.

1. filrus
    OP

filrus Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    Poland
    Hi everyone im gonna get vita next week and i wanna install henkaku straight away but i w got some maybe stupid questions.
    - Does the games gets deleted when i exit henkaku(reboot)
    -I heard about some problems with saves on modded vita, does the're still present and how can i fix them.
    - whats the best method to transfer vpk files to vita. I've seen some people renamed vpk files to mp4 format and then just transfer them using vita transfer tool, whats the safest method.
    - On roms there are names like Maidump, Vitamin v2 and vitamin v1, whats that mean. can i install them all using vita shell?
    Thanks for answers and sorry for my english

2. alienfromouterspace

alienfromouterspace GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2016
    I know for a fact your games don't deleted. You lose Henkaku though, a thing that can be easily remedied by the offline installer.

About transferring files, I just use FTP using molecularshell. Haven't tried the save trick yet. There's supposedly an upcoming USB thing so you can just move files easily but that is still in February if I recall correctly.

For your last question, you need to install Maidumptool to install games dumped from Mai. VPK files can be installed via VitaShell.

Last edited by alienfromouterspace, Dec 25, 2016
  3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    1. No, games don't get deleted you just can't run them.
    2. This only happens if you leave the game on while putting the Vita in sleep mode for an extended period of time. AFAIK, a later version of Henkaku fixed it.
    3. All methods are safe methods. The method you described will likely be the fastest for now, as it's transferring over USB, but as mentioned there's going to be a file explorer hack released by The Flow in February.
    4. Maidump games require the Maidump tool homebrew. You can find a download somewhere here. Transfer the maidump game folders to ux0:/mai and then open maidump and install the game. VPKs can be installed in Molecular Shell or Vita Shell, simply hit "X" on the game and it will install the VPK as normal.

alienfromouterspace likes this.