Noob Questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Last Symphony, Nov 12, 2008.

Nov 12, 2008

Noob Questions by Last Symphony at 12:45 PM (691 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Last Symphony
    OP

Newcomer Last Symphony Member

Philippines
    Hi to all I am new in GBAtemp..

I want to ask these Noob questions of mine...

First, though this would sound stupid, how would I know if my Wii is PAL or NTSC? Will a PAL game work on an NTSC Wii and vice versa?

Second, If I use Imgbrn to produce Wii back-ups, will a DVD+R work my Wii? Or do I need to use a DVD-R?

2. Majin Vegeta

Member Majin Vegeta GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    If you bought an American Wii, its NTSC-U, if you bought it in Europe it's PAL.
    No, games don't work on other region Wiis without Homebrew or hardware like the Freeloader or a modchip.

You should use DVD-R as some people say DVD+Rs can damage your drive because they're not as similar to the original Nintendo discs as DVD-Rs.

3. Last Symphony
    OP

Newcomer Last Symphony Member

Philippines
    Hmmm thanks...I thought it was indicated on the box whether it is NTSC or PAL...

Hmm I thought there was a setting in Imgbrn that allows you to burn back-ups to DVD+R...I read something that you need to configure a setting like DVD-ROM...is this true? I played a little bit with the setting of Imgbrn but it seems I can't find this setting...

4. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    Ya you would need to change the booktype or something like that I don't remember right now though.Sorry.