Noob Questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Last Symphony, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Last Symphony
    OP

Last Symphony Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2008
    Hi to all I am new in GBAtemp..

I want to ask these Noob questions of mine...

First, though this would sound stupid, how would I know if my Wii is PAL or NTSC? Will a PAL game work on an NTSC Wii and vice versa?

Second, If I use Imgbrn to produce Wii back-ups, will a DVD+R work my Wii? Or do I need to use a DVD-R?

2. Majin Vegeta

Majin Vegeta GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2008
    Gambia, The
    If you bought an American Wii, its NTSC-U, if you bought it in Europe it's PAL.
    No, games don't work on other region Wiis without Homebrew or hardware like the Freeloader or a modchip.

You should use DVD-R as some people say DVD+Rs can damage your drive because they're not as similar to the original Nintendo discs as DVD-Rs.

3. Last Symphony
    OP

Last Symphony Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2008
    Hmmm thanks...I thought it was indicated on the box whether it is NTSC or PAL...

Hmm I thought there was a setting in Imgbrn that allows you to burn back-ups to DVD+R...I read something that you need to configure a setting like DVD-ROM...is this true? I played a little bit with the setting of Imgbrn but it seems I can't find this setting...

4. DarkLG

DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Indiana
    Ya you would need to change the booktype or something like that I don't remember right now though.Sorry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice