Gaming Noob PSP Firmware Question

TheWon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have a CFW or 3 something. I want to upgrade to 5. Is that all I need to do. I read somewhere about having to have a sony update file also. Is this true, or can I just get CFW 5 and just install it.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't remember which version of firmware it was but I think dark-alex put it in one of the 3.XX firmwares that you can just hit the update button and it'll do it from the m33 server instead of official firmware but I'm not 100% sure so don't test it lol

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think it was 3.71 or 3.80 that DA put in the network update.

You should be able to update just using the CFW file from DA's site. If you need the firmware, the updater will download it for you.

TheWon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I have the update enabled I just need to go to Network Update and that's it.

Also my Firmware is currently 401 m33-2 I want to get to 500.
I found the file, but it says to do this.
Instructions: Copy UPDATE folder /PSP/GAME/ and run.

If you come from a version prior to 5.00 M33, put sony update as 500.PBP in same folder, or let the program download it for you using a wifi connection.

The bold is the part I don't get.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TheWon said:
So if I have the update enabled I just need to go to Network Update and that's it.

Also my Firmware is currently 401 m33-2 I want to get to 500.
I found the file, but it says to do this.
Instructions: Copy UPDATE folder /PSP/GAME/ and run.

If you come from a version prior to 5.00 M33, put sony update as 500.PBP in same folder, or let the program download it for you using a wifi connection.

The bold is the part I don't get.

Note that last part, too. If you don't have the program will download it for you. So, just run the program.

Or just do the network update. It'll handle everything. You just need to make sure it is enabled in the recovery menu (the menu you get when holding R when booting it up).

WoobiE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure CFW 4.XX and up has the DA update feature on it so that it will grab the latest CFW firmware for ya.
Take alook at psp-hacks and consolespot, they will help you out with tuts and everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: