Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

swifter43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been using this SDHC for a while with my wii, I planned on ripping brawl to the card, the thing is it split it up, and i have heard rarely (if ever) combining it with command prompt works, so i formatted it as NTFS, the wii will not accept this for me! i don't know why but it wont read it at all, so what do i do after this?

random_human_being_

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was reading my Syscheck output and noticed this line:
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
What does it mean? Aren't all IOSs under 200 supposed to be stub or No Patches?

EDIT - is there a guide that explains in detail the output of Syscheck?

Last edited by random_human_being_,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading my Syscheck output and noticed this line:
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
What does it mean? Aren't all IOSs under 200 supposed to be stub or No Patches?

EDIT - is there a guide that explains in detail the output of Syscheck?

No, Nintendo didn't stub their own IOSes as far as I know. The ones it shows as "stub" under 200 just don't have anything in the NAND for those title IDs.

Just don't install anything below 200 to avoid bricking your Wii. The real IOS58 has native support for USB and FAT32, that's why apps like the HBC and Nintendont use it.

Reactions: random_human_being_

mikey89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Need some help updating my wii shop channel using Multi mod manager. which i already have installed.
Just dusted off my wii and hooked it up, Kinda rusty with the modding and hacking. Whenever i try to connect to netflix or wii shop channel it say i need to update.Loaded up MMM updated to 4.3 through MMM. then updated the shop channel too. went back to menu and it still says i need to update. Do i need to update my IOS or wads? not sure what to do next. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Need some help updating my wii shop channel using Multi mod manager. which i already have installed.
Just dusted off my wii and hooked it up, Kinda rusty with the modding and hacking. Whenever i try to connect to netflix or wii shop channel it say i need to update.Loaded up MMM updated to 4.3 through MMM. then updated the shop channel too. went back to menu and it still says i need to update. Do i need to update my IOS or wads? not sure what to do next. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

http://www.wiihacks.com/showthread.php?t=96886

The link above is the guide that I used to softmod my Wii and have had no problem with Netflix or the Wii Shop. Under Chapter 2 it talks about updating IOSes and the Wii Shop Channel. Maybe that's what you need to do on your Wii.

Paralaje

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I recently picked up a chipped Wii on the cheap, the owner claimed he couldn't load games using the USB stick and he didn't have the knowledge/time/money to fix it. Even though I do not know a lot about Wii hacking myself, I am willing to give it a try before paying someone else to do it. If I try and boot up USB Loader GX with the pendrive plugged in, the application crashes and it takes me to a black screen with an error message. I have tried reformatting the pendrive and installing the loader on it. It will launch normally after that but as soon as I load wii games onto the pendrive and try to run it, the same error screen pops up. I have been using WBFS and WBM for both formatting and copying games over. I would appreciate if you guys could answer a few of my questions. Here is some information about the system:

System version: 4.3U

Pendrive: Sandisk Orbit 16gb.

Wii Channels:
  • Game backup Laun
  • The Homebrew Channel
  • USB Loader GX
  • uLoader
  • NeoGamma R9 Beta 47
  • Netflix.
I only want to run games off a pendrive, I might buy a HDD later down the line. Can I delete the things that aren't related to running stuff off a USB stick/HDD? If thats possible, which ones should I get rid of?

I have found different resources and a lot of them seemed outdated (2010/2011), where can I find detailed up-to-date resources?

Last edited by Paralaje,

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow this guide to post a syscheck here so I can see what you have installed on your Wii. (https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/)

Follow this guide to format your pen drive to FAT32. (http://www.wiihacks.com/showthread.php?t=96770) Be careful when installing EaseUS. It's a free program so it tries to install adware so be sure to uncheck the boxes for things you don't want installed.

Pen drives are usually problematic when trying to install a game from the disc within USB Loader GX. So install your games from either ISO or WBFS format to your drive using Wii Backup Manager found here. (http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/WiiBackupManager_Build78.html).

Lastly, delete the USB Loader GX folder from your apps folder and reinstall the latest version of USB Loader GX found here. (https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/)

After you do all that and it still doesn't work let me know.

bjodnen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I recently picked up a chipped Wii on the cheap, the owner claimed he couldn't load games using the USB stick and he didn't have the knowledge/time/money to fix it. Even though I do not know a lot about Wii hacking myself, I am willing to give it a try before paying someone else to do it. If I try and boot up USB Loader GX with the pendrive plugged in, the application crashes and it takes me to a black screen with an error message. I have tried reformatting the pendrive and installing the loader on it. It will launch normally after that but as soon as I load wii games onto the pendrive and try to run it, the same error screen pops up. I have been using WBFS and WBM for both formatting and copying games over. I would appreciate if you guys could answer a few of my questions. Here is some information about the system:

System version: 4.3U

Pendrive: Sandisk Orbit 16gb.

Wii Channels:
  • Game backup Laun
  • The Homebrew Channel
  • USB Loader GX
  • uLoader
  • NeoGamma R9 Beta 47
  • Netflix.
I only want to run games off a pendrive, I might buy a HDD later down the line. Can I delete the things that aren't related to running stuff off a USB stick/HDD? If thats possible, which ones should I get rid of?

I have found different resources and a lot of them seemed outdated (2010/2011), where can I find detailed up-to-date resources?
I have got the same problem, but I am using Wodeflow, and have a wode unit, the games start, but a few minutes in I get black screen with an error message, I have my games on a hdd, any suggestions what could cause this?

cynique

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
nintendo still cares about wii piracy? or they just abandoned the console and its games? is there any public lawsuit yet?

Z_Slasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun Fact: Nintendo basically has 90% of their game library from every console made pirated. (if not 100%).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What is the latest version of quadforce for the wii?

eff me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope im in the right place. i have a softmodded 4.3U its been modded for years with no issues. i recently tried to use dios mios because we wanted to put our gamecube games onto to our hard drive. total failure and nothing would work. tried reverting by using the cios in another tutorial but to still no avail. so right now we cant even play our gamecube games anymore. our drive is still disabled even after trying the tutorial to revert from dios mios. if any of you have any experience or can help, i would appreciate it. thanks

system

first gen wii (2006)
4.3U softmod
cfg usb loader v70
750gb hdd in wbfs format (with exfat partition for gc games)
all the usual homebrew stuff

Last edited by eff me,

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to find a wad of mios v10 and install it just as you did dios mios. That should get your gamecube games working again. Then search for an app called nintendont and use that to play your gamecube backups. It's much better then dios mios plus it doesn't overwrite your mios so you still have the ability to play your actual gamecube discs.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to find a wad of mios v10 and install it just as you did dios mios. That should get your gamecube games working again. Then search for an app called nintendont and use that to play your gamecube backups. It's much better then dios mios plus it doesn't overwrite your mios so you still have the ability to play your actual gamecube discs.

It's on ModMii... Page 1>M10 :)

Reactions: Clutz450

Redfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys got a real noob question here ... I'm pretty new to hacking in general but have done the homebrew thing on Wii in past. Decided to do it again on a different system mainly to use usb loader gx. That app works perfectly fine, however every single wad manager I try and use fails to load / freezes (trying to install the usb loader gx channel), MMManager will not install the usb loader gx channel wad either. Also Nintendont does not work (giving cannot load kernel from NAND) either from homebrew browser or MMM.

I think it's time I probably started from scratch to ensure everything is done as it should for all these things to work. I'm using a 4.3E Wii but how do I basically take it back to the beginning in order to start again?

Also is there a reliable guide somewhere that can take me through the whole homebrew -> usb loader install ?
I am using a PPC mac (love my retro stuff) so the ModMii windows app is a no no for me so would prefer a guide if possible?

Cheers and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here .. thanks again

Redfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, cheers for the link Clutz .. I did manage to figure some of this out without changing much on the system. I installed ios236 V6 app which let me select ios236 when running wad manager 1.7 and now wad installation works just dandy lol ...

Still struggling with the Nintendont issue (failed to load kernel from NAND) so any suggestions welcome :) Thanks again

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok great. I actually just responded to your post in the Nintendont thread. Although I think I was misunderstanding what you were saying so I don't know if it will be much help. Lol.

The only other suggestions I could say about your Nintendont issue is to delete the whole nintendont folder in your apps folder and redownload everything again. Then load nintendont through the Homebrew Channel and run a gamecube game through nintendont once. I feel like I had a similar problem like you and that's what fixed it for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu