Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, if you can already use a wad Manager, use it to install wad.
IOS patcher is used to patch directly on the Wii, not to install wad you downloaded with Modmii. (but it should work if you correctly set up your SD card and using the correct Homebrew Channel version).

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
OK
So, i am currently running Netflix off the Homebrew Menu using "bootNetflix" something because if i select it from the Wii Channel, it reboots to the Warning page.
So..everything was going fine until it tells me to Update. So i was like "what the heck" and so i click on update(foolishness i suppose), and it reboots to the Warning page.
Also, the Shop Channel does the same. I am assuming one of my cousins went on Netflix awhile back and i had to install that extra Nflix app thing on Hombrew Channel for Nflix to work.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

MarcheP

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I'm wrong for assuming that I can ask stupid questions here, just tell me.

I'm brand new to Wii modding, but someone I know did it for me and set everything up to work. I have a Wii game .wbfs format on my computer, and I'd like to put it onto my external hard drive so I can play. Problem is, whenever I plug the hard drive into my computer it won't recognize it and tries to tell me to format the drive. I don't want to lose what I already have on it, but I'd really like to be able to add games to my library. Do I have to burn it onto a DVD and install the game manually? If necessary I can, but it seems like a lot of work to do for every game I want to get.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, don't format, don't burn DVD.

When you connect the drive, say "no" to format.
Then launch this program : WiiBackupManager

in the File tab, load the folder where your .wbfs is located (or directly the file .wbfs)

in the Drive1 tab : Select the drive letter you want to mount (the one containing your games, which Windows want to format).
You will see a list of games you already have.

Go back to file tab.
Check the checkbox in front of the file you want to transfer to your HDD.
Select menu "transfer" "to drive1".

That's all :)

If you don't use the drive very often on your computer, it's fine like that.
But if you plug it often and get annoyed by Windows always asking you to format (and are afraid of formating it by error), you could consider to convert the partition format from WBFS (unrecognized by Windows native drivers) to FAT32 (recognized by Wii and Windows), by using the WBFS2FAT program. there's a link in my signature.

With drives in FAT32, you can still use WiiBackupManager to move iso/wbfs file to your drive. That way it will create the correct folder path/name automatically.

Reactions: 1 person

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK
So, i am currently running Netflix off the Homebrew Menu using "bootNetflix" something because if i select it from the Wii Channel, it reboots to the Warning page.
So..everything was going fine until it tells me to Update. So i was like "what the heck" and so i click on update(foolishness i suppose), and it reboots to the Warning page.
Also, the Shop Channel does the same. I am assuming one of my cousins went on Netflix awhile back and i had to install that extra Nflix app thing on Hombrew Channel for Nflix to work.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

you can find the latest shop channel WAD, install with a WAD manager, and you should be good. I think modmii can help you download the necessary files.

Reactions: 1 person

Kuntrol_Issues

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I was away for work my wife rented my kids a game and something went wrong. Now it won't play any of our games or our backups. The neogamma channel is gone but I still have the homebrew channel. What's the first thing I should do to fix this? Is it fixable? We hadn't even messed with it in like a year, lol

danmaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me again.

I still can't seem to successfully patch IOS70, I keep getting errors using Simple IOS Patcher and the wads I downloaded via ModMii don't seem to work when SIP prompts me to load a source for an IOS (usb drive, sd card, NUS...etc). I keep getting prompted by SIP to load from the SD Card to get the IOS, but then claims that the target IOS can't be found/is corrupted (despite transfering all the "copy to sd" contents generated by modmii to said sd card) and prompts me to quit. When I try to download from NUS, it gets a connection error. I tried extracting various IOS70 wads via Waninkoko's and MMM Wad manager and then running SIP, but to no avail.

Also, is there any type of NAND "cleaning" app that effectively wipes all the mods from a Wii? I'd like to back up my current nand (via bootmii), then start with a fresh NAND.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
danmaku:
Do you have IOS236? I think MMM is using IOS236 by default to install wad, so if you don't have it you can't install wads.
Could you post a syscheck after installing wads created by modmii? (link in my signature)

DO NOT use SIP after installing ModMii wads!
ModMii wads are ALREADY patched. of course SIP think the IOS is corrupted, as it's not an original IOS anymore.

As for creating a clean NAND, yes it exists, but I think you should just "rehack your wii" with ModMii. There are guides to reflash the Wii with correct wads.

Taser9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a simple question:

Whenever I plug in my USB disk into my Wii, the homebrew applications don't appear. This is because Homebrew Channel is reading the USB, and not the SD card. How can I get the Homebrew Channel to load through the SD card instead of the USB Disk?

I'd rather not keep unplugging and plugging the USB disk back into the Wii all the time.

Allura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought a second hand wii.. It came pre hacked from preivious owner. Attached was a 8gb memory stick with Super Paper Mario for Wii on it, On the 2GB sd card is

on the root: apps, bootmii, prboom, private, Wad, Wiiflow, boot.elf, bootmii.elf, installer, mmmsconfig, keys, nand, Ios36-64-v3351.wad.

in the apps folder: d2x-cios-installer, Hackmii_installer, homebrew_browser, mmm, priiloader, radiow, WiiDoom, WiiFlow, wiimc, wiimc-channel-installer, witweet, and a readme file.

in Wads: cIos202[60]-v51r.wad, cios222[38]-v4.wad, cios223[37-38]-v4.wad, cios224[57]-v5.1r.wad, cios249[56]-dx2-v7-final.wad, cios250[57]-dx2-v7-final.wad, IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad , IOS20v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad, IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad, IOS40v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad , IOS50v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad, IOS52v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad, IOS58-64-v6176.wad, IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad, IOS70v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad, IOS80v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad, USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v11b-IDCL.wad, USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v11b-IDCL-Forwarder Paths.txt.

just wondering if these are good things to have.. Well minus the twitter. Tried it and didn't like it.

Overseer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to install Uneek+DI using Modmii last night.

Everything seemed to go through fine, until I tried to load Postloader and JoyFlow. Wiiware WADs I installed seems to work fine.

Postloader first showed a screen asking where to store its files either USB or SD card, whichever I chose would result in a code dump, then on the second time I'd try and load would just return to the Wii Menu.

JoyFlow would show (what I would assume is) the splash screen, but it was all garbled and then would return to the Wiimenu.

Help?!

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a second hand wii.. It came pre hacked from preivious owner. Attached was a 8gb memory stick with Super Paper Mario for Wii on it, On the 2GB sd card is

on the root: apps, bootmii, prboom, private, Wad, Wiiflow, boot.elf, bootmii.elf, installer, mmmsconfig, keys, nand, Ios36-64-v3351.wad.

in the apps folder: d2x-cios-installer, Hackmii_installer, homebrew_browser, mmm, priiloader, radiow, WiiDoom, WiiFlow, wiimc, wiimc-channel-installer, witweet, and a readme file.

in Wads: cIos202[60]-v51r.wad, cios222[38]-v4.wad, cios223[37-38]-v4.wad, cios224[57]-v5.1r.wad, cios249[56]-dx2-v7-final.wad, cios250[57]-dx2-v7-final.wad, IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad , IOS20v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad, IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad, IOS40v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad , IOS50v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad, IOS52v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad, IOS58-64-v6176.wad, IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad, IOS70v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad, IOS80v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad, USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v11b-IDCL.wad, USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v11b-IDCL-Forwarder Paths.txt.

just wondering if these are good things to have.. Well minus the twitter. Tried it and didn't like it.
Yes that is definitly something good to have with a pre-hacked wii.

Allura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for checking my setup over Katsumi San. I have never hacked anything becfore and well it's nice to have the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.