FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
shinobivsme said:
Right goen through it allllll again finally got everything working but when i try and load a backup from dvd i get :

neogamma disc error 1208

sorry to be a pest but any ideas???
How old is your wii and what is the wii serial number?

shinobivsme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first gen:

LEH10260369 7

guess it could be the media :/
Id do a usb loader thingy if
a) my 500gb drive wasnt pretty much full of data
b) I didnt have to reformat it from NTSF to fat 32
c) I knew how to make a loader

redfalcon

GBATemp Member
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have an early 2008 Wii softmodded with 4.1E, bootmii/boot2 and HBC. I just got SMG2 (original) which prompts me to update to 4.2. Since this is probably not a good idea, any advice what I should do? I don't have Priiloader installed to block updates.

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres a stupid (and hopefully easy) question.
How can I tell if I have bootmii installed as an IOS or boot2? I had an old wii, modded it forever ago, and I dont remember. Also, I dont have my bootmii folders for my SD card anymore either... Are they specific to my wii or can I use the ones created when I modded my friends wii?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Reboot said:
Heres a stupid (and hopefully easy) question.
How can I tell if I have bootmii installed as an IOS or boot2? I had an old wii, modded it forever ago, and I dont remember. Also, I dont have my bootmii folders for my SD card anymore either... Are they specific to my wii or can I use the ones created when I modded my friends wii?
let me answer ur second question first. The bootmii folder is not specific to your Wii, you can use the files created by bootmii on another Wii. U can even download the files without even using a Wii with ModMii's bootmii configurator feature.

to answer your second question, if u have the SD card in your Wii with the bootmii folder on it, it will power on to the bootmii screen ONLY if it's installed as boot2 (assuming u don't have the .ini files configured to boot directly to the system menu). If you can only access bootmii via the homebrew channel and not when powering on the Wii, then it is only installed as IOS.

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thanks for the quick reply. I think it goes to bootmii when i had my SD card with the folders on it, but I'll check when I get home.

Since I did this so long ago, has bootmii been updated in the past few years? Should I update it...? If so, is there a proper way to do this? Im going to make another nand backup since I seem to have lost mine (along with my sd card backup).

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reboot said:
Cool, thanks for the quick reply. I think it goes to bootmii when i had my SD card with the folders on it, but I'll check when I get home.

Since I did this so long ago, has bootmii been updated in the past few years? Should I update it...? If so, is there a proper way to do this? Im going to make another nand backup since I seem to have lost mine (along with my sd card backup).
yes, you should update it, just get the latest Hackmii Installer and install it.

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to tell it to uninstall first, or just hit install? Will anything else need to be updated as a result (priloader, hbc, etc)

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Phreshmilk said:
Just a quick question.Quick and simple.I just recently got the mario 25th anniversary red wii and i wanted to know.What are the chances of me bricking my wii.Can i get some numbers.Some percents.
If you follow the hacking guide or modmii and you dont install strange thing or delete IOS, near zero

numskully

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very noob question: is there a non-solder product that can attach a hard drive to play games from and not void the warranty of the Wii?

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country

anoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i need help , i got the orginal wiikey and updated it to version 1.99 how do i get donkey kong country returns working on my wii, do i need neogamma or something or not.....

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jarejare3 said:
Wow nobody answered my question. It got totally ignore.
But thx anyways.
Maybe thats because it had nothing to do with wii hacking...

btw, spoiler tags are:CODE
text goes here

Which would look like:
text goes here

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question, how would I go about installing the HBC on a new UNEEK nand, if I try to extract the latest one (1.0.8) from my wii backup using showmiiwads, it says something about the path containing invalid characters (I guess its because of the weird title ID). And I cant find a working wad creator to extract it on my wii either (they all fail with an error when creating a wad of any channel).

EDIT: I got the WAD Creator to work, I had to downgrade my cios249 to rev 17. Are there any wad creators that support newer cios's?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1