Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
person66 said:
@Wizzerzak I would recommend ModMii, it will walk you through the process and download all the files. If you want to use the complete softmod guide though, it isn't very hard, just start on the "? ? Hacking Guide ? ?" page and then follow it to the end

kk thanks, so do i do this part first? but which part do i have to replace with the indiana hack?

msakmar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have successfully installed SNEEK+DI, but I am having trouble loading games. I do not know how to get WADS into an ISO format, which is what is a requirement for DiscEX to put Wii games into a SNEEK format. I am sorry if the solution is simple, but I have looked all day to find and answer and I can not find it anywhere. Thank you in advance.

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
MigueelDnd said:
I hope someone could help me over here, please:
I updated cIOS 249 to play Black Ops (from rev17 to rev20) but I forgot to disconnect my HDD from the Wii when updating, and after a few times that I played, it suddenly got hard (I have to connect and disconnect lost of times) to get recognized by the Wii.
So, I was wondering, if I transfer my games from my WBFS HDD to my PC and I format the drive, will it solve the problem? (I ask this because they're a lot of games... it would take me a lot of time)
Or is there anything more quick and practical that you can suggest me to do?
After the whole HDD thing happened, I installed again the cIOS hoping it would solve it, and now I can't play Black Ops; what can I do with this?
Also, now when I turn on my Wii it takes more time to load and display the Menu... is this a bad thing? And how can I solve it?

Thanks in advance... and I hope someone can help me...

Could someone help me, please?

horizon42

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,
i have got a problem with donkey kong country returns (pal).
I can play the first level, but than instead of getting to the next level, there is just the load screen for several minutes (donkey kong and diddy kong running through the jungle). Also if i load that save game again, there is just the load screen (clouds).

PAL Wii 4.2e
Homebrew Channel
Usb Loader gx

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Wizzerzak said:
person66 said:
@Wizzerzak I would recommend ModMii, it will walk you through the process and download all the files. If you want to use the complete softmod guide though, it isn't very hard, just start on the "? ? Hacking Guide ? ?" page and then follow it to the end

kk thanks, so do i do this part first? but which part do i have to replace with the indiana hack?

anyone? i really want to start this just gotta be 100% sure

msakmar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
do u play wads (ie. WiiWare channels) or ISOs (ie. Wii Games)?

to adds WADs to your emulated nand, use showmiiwads' showmiinand option
to bulk convert Wii Games (ie. ISO, cISO, WBFS) to SNEEK format, u can use ModMii's SNEEK Game Bulk Extractor

Thank you for the clarification. I am sorry, I believe I misunderstood SNEEK even though I did a lot of research about it for the past two weeks. If I understand it correctly now, I use the SNEEK menu (holding the '1' button in the system menu) to load Wii Games, such as Wii Play, whereas I use showmiiwads to install my WADs, like Defend Your Castle, onto my emulated NAND to be able to play the WiiWare/Virtual Console channels. Also, thank you for replying to my question so quickly, I greatly appreciate it! I am sorry for asking such a silly question.

One problem I did get though with installed WiiWare on my emulated NAND is that my Wii sometimes freezes after trying to "return to the system menu." The games are all either region free or USA, which is the region of my Wii, in case that information might be useful.

In addition, I am trying to install the Homebrew Channel 1.0.8 on my emulated NAND, using this guide:
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ho...eek/install-hbc
However, every time I try to run the Homebrew Channel on my emulated NAND, the hackmii warning label comes up and my Wii freezes. I am reading in some places that only Homebrew Channel 1.0.7 works. Are there other methods to fix my problem, like downgrading my Homebrew Channel?
Thank you in advance!

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wizzerzak said:
Wizzerzak said:
person66 said:

oops, just noticed you were on 4.3, first read this: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ex...ts/indiana-pwns
after that the rest of the guide should be the same as before.
And again I'm going to recommended you use ModMii, it's much easier

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
did a quick search but didn't find what i wanted.
Which specific file in modmii is it that breaks brawl? (as in i get error turn off wii when i try to play it from the disc menu)
I updated with modmii, to play super mario galaxy 2, etc, and brawl doesn't work, so I restored via my nand backup and brawl works again.
^This proves its one of the files modmii installed that made it stop working, but which?
And I can choose just to not install that one file, right?
Ideally I want to be able to upgrade to 4.1 and play brawl.
EDIT: also, using a dvd to play, not usb or any of that stuff

EDIT2:
Actually, if i don't have priiloader's "disable game autoupdates" thing enabled smash says it needs to upgrade my wii.
Is it possible that the softmod deleted some vital stuff that smash needs?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
person66 said:
Wizzerzak said:
Wizzerzak said:
person66 said:

oops, just noticed you were on 4.3, first read this: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ex...ts/indiana-pwns
after that the rest of the guide should be the same as before.
And again I'm going to recommended you use ModMii, it's much easier

right... so i do that exploit first then continue as usual following the first link you gave me? or do i miss out a step because of the exploit?

thiagofreire

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My Wii is 4.2U.
It is softmoded.
I do want to update.

Problem:
Well, as I said above, I do want to update my Wii to 4.3u, but I think my Wii doesn't want to be updated... let me explain: I recently bought Goldeneye 007 even though I knew my Wii would have to be updated to play it and that i would have to softmod it again after the process, also the update would allow for the ShopChannel to be usable again (I want to buy Sonic 4 ^^).
The problem really began when I tried to play the game. The Wii asked for a system update, I hit OK and it updates... or so I thought... I didn't play the game right away, instead I went back to the menu to check things out and I noticed that the Homebrew Channel was still there though USB Loader GX wasn't working anymore (the "update" stubed IOS 249) and when checkin on the settings screen my wii is still 4.2U (the Shop Channel didn't work either, btw)!
Anyway, I wanted to play Goldeneye and so I did but after a few hours it froze, it was really weird but I just reset the console and when the system restarts surprise: the disc channel asks for a system update again!!!!!!!!
Now I'm really lost and don't know what to do, I want to update and I want do it the "legal" or "right" way (read Nintendo way). The disc update is the safest way to do it for me 'cause my connection is not stable enough for an online update (I could go to a friend's house, but he lives kinda far...). What do I do now?

Oh, just FYI: I installed the IOS again. The only non-official stuff installed is the IOS (249 rev 20 with base 56), the Homebrew Channel (I think it is the latest version, it came with hackmii installer 0.8), bootmii as IOS (boot1) and the USB Loader GX Fowarder Channel (I'll use it to make a ChannelBomb after the update, if it does not get deleted).

Please don't bother saying things like: do not update, use this app, update by this method... I'm sick and tired of reading things like that. I WANT to update, the LEGAL way, I just can't seem to be able to. Period.

horizon42

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
horizon42 said:
Hi,
i have got a problem with donkey kong country returns (pal).
I can play the first level, but than instead of getting to the next level, there is just the load screen for several minutes (donkey kong and diddy kong running through the jungle). Also if i load that save game again, there is just the load screen (clouds).

PAL Wii 4.2e
Homebrew Channel
Usb Loader gx
Anyone?

SeanoRLY?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Got a 4.3e Wii, is there absolutely no other way to hack it without needing Indiana Jones or Wheelie Breakers?
frown.gif

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wizzerzak said:
right... so i do that exploit first then continue as usual following the first link you gave me? or do i miss out a step because of the exploit?
All you have to do is instead of using bannerbomb to boot the hackmii installer, use the indiana pwns exploit instead.

QUOTE(SeanoRLY? @ Dec 24 2010, 03:58 PM) Got a 4.3e Wii, is there absolutely no other way to hack it without needing Indiana Jones or Wheelie Breakers?
frown.gif
Nope. Just go and rent one of the games or something. the Wheelie breakers game is usually really cheap if you can find it used

SeanoRLY?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
person66 said:
Wizzerzak said:
All you have to do is instead of using bannerbomb to boot the hackmii installer, use the indiana pwns exploit instead.

QUOTE(SeanoRLY? @ Dec 24 2010, 03:58 PM) Got a 4.3e Wii, is there absolutely no other way to hack it without needing Indiana Jones or Wheelie Breakers?
frown.gif
Nope. Just go and rent one of the games or something. the Wheelie breakers game is usually really cheap if you can find it used

No place to rent games around my area. I'll have a go at trying to buy Wheelie Breakers then, thanks.

ageofaurum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, i have a 4.2 like thiagofreire and want to update to 4.3, question is, can i update safely? (online)
i dont really care if my homebrew and such things get wiped out (i meant to do it again anyways, but i kinda forgot because i did it a year ago an never touched it again so im like a noob again lol)

what i really want to know is if my wii will brick if i update to the latest firmware?

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ageofaurum said:
hi, i have a 4.2 like thiagofreire and want to update to 4.3, question is, can i update safely? (online)
i dont really care if my homebrew and such things get wiped out (i meant to do it again anyways, but i kinda forgot because i did it a year ago an never touched it again so im like a noob again lol)

what i really want to know is if my wii will brick if i update to the latest firmware?
No, it wont.
You can also use modmii to update your wii and rehack it with the latest hacks in the process if you want.

Ive got a quick question now. I just got a USB hard drive, and I was wondering if there is any way to get the homebrew channel to read the ntfs partition? or will I just have to make a fat32 partition for all my homebrew?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
Ive got a quick question now. I just got a USB hard drive, and I was wondering if there is any way to get the homebrew channel to read the ntfs partition? or will I just have to make a fat32 partition for all my homebrew?
HBC can't read NTFS....homebrew apps must be reached via forwarder from the channel screen....

my suggestion: i would format the whole thing as FAT32 (32k)....games >4GB can exist as split .wbfs files (wii backup manager does this automatically)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc