Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ksonic26 said:
kedest said:
Yes. Reinstalling the system menu will do that. You can do that with a system menu wad using preloader for example.

Do you know where I would get one for 4.0U? Thanks for the help, I just want to make it like it was when I purchased it...

Sorry, don't know where to get a 4.0 one. If you manage to find one, make absolutely sure it's the right version though. Or you might end up really bricking your wii. And I meant Wad Manager instead of preloader in my previous post.
I believe AnyRegionChanger should also be able to fully reinstall the system menu.

sideshowkrevis83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I am thinking I am having some trouble with the cIOS 249 games.

I used Emporer of Canada's install guide for gamma and starfall etc.

So naturally I used the cIOS installer that comes with that.

When I go to the configuration of my gamma it says something along the lines of,

Gamma Launcher 0.3, IOS 249

When I try to load red steel and other games requiring Cios 249 they won't load. What did I do wrong or what do I need to do?

ksonic26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
ksonic26 said:
kedest said:
Yes. Reinstalling the system menu will do that. You can do that with a system menu wad using preloader for example.

Do you know where I would get one for 4.0U? Thanks for the help, I just want to make it like it was when I purchased it...

Sorry, don't know where to get a 4.0 one. If you manage to find one, make absolutely sure it's the right version though. Or you might end up really bricking your wii. And I meant Wad Manager instead of preloader in my previous post.
I believe AnyRegionChanger should also be able to fully reinstall the system menu.

Thanks for the info I wish I wouldnt have messed with it now I had it softmodded and working great until I installed the preloader, now it wont let me play games with my usb loader...

sideshowkrevis83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
powser said:
I have a virgin 3.4WII, I want to get USB Loader, but I don't have Twilight Princess. I do have SSBB though, but I don't think any mod works on that yet right?

Is there a way to get HBC and usbloader in?

I am unsure if you can get HBC without the twilight hack on your wii (well I know you can with a modchip but that would run you more than Twilight Princess). You can always just rent the twilight princess to get HBC on your wii.

You also may want to look into how people downgrade 4.0 Wiis. I believe you can do the samething without the twilight hack on a lower version of Wii. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154071 describes this process in a download. I am a nube so I can't help you beyond that, I know there are all in one guides that utilize the twilight hack you may just be better off with that as a beginner.

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey...sorry I've been out of the scene for such a long time and need to catch up

i have 3.2U and ahve homebrew channel installed already. Should I upgrade to 4.0 so I can play some of the newer games like animal crossings?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nightwalker said:
hey...sorry I've been out of the scene for such a long time and need to catch up

i have 3.2U and ahve homebrew channel installed already. Should I upgrade to 4.0 so I can play some of the newer games like animal crossings?

Just make sure you install the newer cios36 rev10 and you should be fine updating to 4.0
just follow one of the many guides on here to update to 4.0 and you will be set and will be able to use the new sd card feature as well.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a NTSC 3.3U Wii. I have the HBC installed, cios36 rev9 and rev10 and CIOS 222 by Hermes all working together and have no problem running homebrew apps, all the USB loaders under the sun and whatever else. NOW..... I want to have the ability to put VC WAD files onto a SD or SDHC card and play them from the SD card. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that in order for me to play WAD files directly from the SD card, I >HAVE< to upgrade to the 4.0 firmware. If that is true, and since I have all those CIOS's installed, would it be safe for me to update straight from Nintendo? If not, which guide should I follow that won't trash the CIOS stuff I already have installed?

Thanks

ksonic26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
ksonic26 said:
kedest said:

Is there a guide or something that I can use to make my wii a virgin 4.0U again?

RRosai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the USB Loader working fine with both rev 9 and rev 10 (firmware 3.4), and using 5 different usb drives, but about half the games I have don't work for me. They tend to freeze right away at a black screen or a "now loading" screen. I checked the compatibility list and all the games that don't work for me are listed as working. Of course the other half work just fine from start to finish.

What could be causing some games to load fine and others to freeze? I've ruled out the drive, what should I try next?

RanmaFreak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I know this has probably been asked dozens of times, but there doesn't seem to be any specific topic dedicated to this at least recently. There are topics specifically on the Loader Programs, but no general topics.

Anyways, what I'm wondering is, what are the downfalls or negatives to modding your Wii?

Does it prevent you from playing legit or copied games over WiFi?
Does it cause you to get blocked from the Wii Shop Channel?
Does it somehow screw up your purchases made previously on the Wii Shop Channel?

I'm kinda bored and thinking about modding my Wii, so I'm just curious about such things.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
RanmaFreak said:
I know this has probably been asked dozens of times, but there doesn't seem to be any specific topic dedicated to this at least recently. There are topics specifically on the Loader Programs, but no general topics.

Anyways, what I'm wondering is, what are the downfalls or negatives to modding your Wii?

Does it somehow screw up your purchases made previously on the Wii Shop Channel?

I'm kinda bored and thinking about modding my Wii, so I'm just curious about such things.

All 3 are no, your Wii doesn't act any different then it did before.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
powser said:
I have a virgin 3.4WII, I want to get USB Loader, but I don't have Twilight Princess. I do have SSBB though, but I don't think any mod works on that yet right?

Is there a way to get HBC and usbloader in?
yes, use bannerbomb which was released the other day, search the forum.

nightwalker said:

install cIOS_36_rev9, then if you want to play newer games, update officially using the nintendo update, then either install cIOSCORP or install wiigator Gamma loader.

easy as pie
smile.gif
BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE cIOS36_rev9 INSTALLED, you cant install fakesigned wads etc without it. AND INSTALL PRELOADER 0.29 too, so that the wads will work from the new SD card menu.

sorry if that's too expert for you, but it's easy if you know how lol, you said you'd done at least some homebrewing and returned so theres a chance you might know what i'm talkn about lol

and on that note, dont delete HBC from 4.0 menu either, its very difficult to get back on 4.0 at the moment lol.

QUOTE(RanmaFreak @ May 11 2009, 07:34 PM)

1.NO
2.NO
3.NO...

the only reason you would get banned from playing legit games on wi-fi is by loadng them using cheat application ocarina, and cheating online using it.
the only reason you wouldnt be able to use the shop channel, is if you are on a lower system menu than 4.0 (or not having IOS61 installed)
the only reason it would screw up your shop channel purchases is if you are a noob.

now my own question
anyone got a link to a WadManager1.4.wad? NOT a forwarded wad, an embedded one. i'm still currently using 1.21 lol

Rekis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, sorry if any of those were asked before, reading through this complete thread would take like almost forever.
I'm completely new to all of this so please don't hit me
wink.gif

If I went ahead and got myself a new Wii out of the shop I assume I'd get one that already had the 4.0 firmware on it?
Plus I might get one from that certain Serial Number block that makes it pratically impossible to mod, right?
To play games off a external hdd I need the USB loader, if I figured that out correctly.
And I couldn't for the love of god find an easy to understand guide on how to get the HBC + USB Loader onto the console and running properly.
One with many pictures would be preferred
smile.gif

I'm pretty sure the info is all here on the board but it's all cluttered around so I couldn't really find any of it...

I'm grateful for any help on clearing that stuff for me.
Thanks in advance!

kalexe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I read that the usb loader will by pass the update section of an iso. Does this mean I dont have to run brickblocker through all the isos and it should play fine after loading it w/ wbfs manager?

Thanks

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
afif95

1)Okay, so bootmii will come and install itself as what? A boot2, IOS or System Menu? My Wii has the non-vulnerable boot1 so............
I believe it is BOOT2
-----------------------------
2)Alrighty, my friend has a semi-brick, and he has not setup any WiFi settings. He has not installed any cIOS and god knows he has what firmware. What should I do in order to:

i) Fix the semi-brick

Depending on the problem, you have 3 choices: SaveMii, SaveMii-Frii and/or updateing the Wii with the latest FW on a disc

ii)Install a cIOS
You can extract the cIOS installed in your Wii and repack it as a .wad file, so you can install it with Wad Manager

iii)Get him to 4.0U
Why..? well use the Wanky's 4.0 upgrader, but hence I haven't used it I don't know if you can just place the .wad files in the SD and make it work

iv)Install Preloader
once all above is done, this is the same as in 3.2

All these has to be done offline-way..... so............................. any help?
----------------------------
3)Can non-cIOS'd 4.0 Wii install a cIOS?
Yes you can, check the install HBC on a 4.0 virgin Wii and you can see that you only need to use Wad Manager 1.4 and the IOS35-v1040 (?), then set the Wad Manager to hang off IOS35 (wich will now have the fake signing bug) and that way you will be able to install any cIOS.wad...!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
kalexe said:
Hi,
I read that the usb loader will by pass the update section of an iso. Does this mean I dont have to run brickblocker through all the isos and it should play fine after loading it w/ wbfs manager?

Thanks

None of the loaders (GeckOS, Gamma, SD/USB) read the update partition of the disc, only the DISC CHANNEL read this, but if you are in 3.2, install preloader and enable the block-updates hack, I still brickblock all of my .iso's except for the ones that come with the newest update (in case I might need it)...!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Link5084 said:
What's the difference between updating with Nintendo's 4.0 Update and Waninkoko's 4.0 Update?

Waninkoko's updater will only install the SysMenu and the IOS needed by the SysMenu, "N" update will install all the latest IOSes with the fake-signing bug repaired

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If I went ahead and got myself a new Wii out of the shop I assume I'd get one that already had the 4.0 firmware on it?
Not necessarely, maybe 3.4 will be on it, 4.0 is less common at the moment

Plus I might get one from that certain Serial Number block that makes it pratically impossible to mod, right?
There is a guide for LU64 serial Wii's at SoftMii.org, and Skarface posted it here at GBATemp too

To play games off a external hdd I need the USB loader, if I figured that out correctly.
Correct

And I couldn't for the love of god find an easy to understand guide on how to get the HBC + USB Loader onto the console and running properly.
One with many pictures would be preferred

I was planing on making guides for several stuff, but there is so many right now, about the pictures you're right they all lack of these, but I would recomend that hit the wiibrew.org page to have HBC, and then come back to GBATemp to install the Loaders, cause it is the most informed place on the web about this kind of stuff, after all you only need to install a cIOS and then run the aplication...!!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: