tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i.heart.piracy said:
Doesn't anybody know what's wrong with this?

QUOTE said:
I have a question myself regarding the Gamecube Backup Launcher:

I'm running on a 3.3 NTSC Wii, and my Wii backup launchers have been working perfectly for forever now. I'm currently using cIOS249 with IOS36, and have revisions 8 and 9 installed.

However, the Gamecube Backup Launcher 0.2 isn't working for me. I installed the MIOS needed to run the launcher, inserted a GC backup I burned onto a Sony DVD-R disc, and it seemed to be working fine until it prompted me to pick what region I wanted; the screen that says "Press X for PAL, press Y for NTSC", etc.

For some reason it's not detecting my GC controller or something, because the launcher is just sitting there doing nothing no matter what button I press. Is this a MIOS problem, or a controller problem? I've reinstalled the MIOS several times (one time using the Wii Backup Launcher support and one time without it), and I've even tried switching out controllers but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

This should be really simple, but for some reason the GCBL isn't working.
Did you run the IOS downgrader before?
And if you install MIOSv3 you should be able to run gc backups from the disc channel, tried that?

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been trying to use Wadder 2.5, but this thing is really hard to work with. I've managed to create a nice banner, but when I try to modify the one on the sample WAD I'm using, I get a "TPL Error" and the program crashes. I tried using Wadder 1.2, but even though I can create the WAD just fine, it crashes when I try to load it in the Wii menu.

Can I get some help with this? Wadder's forums are not very helpful. I would ask there, but the staff seems to flame you for anything...

i.heart.piracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Did you run the IOS downgrader before?
And if you install MIOSv3 you should be able to run gc backups from the disc channel, tried that?

Hmm, I think I might have figured out what the problem was.

I just burned a copy of Soul Calibur 2 and loaded it with the GCBL without a hitch. Previously I was using a backup of Jedi Outcast, so maybe it was a bad ISO, or maybe the GCBL doesn't support it. I tried checking the compatibility list but gbatemp's wiki is down for some reason.

I'll try re-burning Jedi Outcast and then report what happens.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Joey Ravn said:
I've been trying to use Wadder 2.5, but this thing is really hard to work with. I've managed to create a nice banner, but when I try to modify the one on the sample WAD I'm using, I get a "TPL Error" and the program crashes. I tried using Wadder 1.2, but even though I can create the WAD just fine, it crashes when I try to load it in the Wii menu.

Can I get some help with this? Wadder's forums are not very helpful. I would ask there, but the staff seems to flame you for anything...

Those wad creating application can cause problems. It has something to do with user accounts. Create a new administrator user account and try to run it from there. That solved the problems for me.

i.heart.piracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryukotsusei said:
I followed the 3.1-3.4 Twilight/Downgrade/Gamma Tutorial, but I always get a black screen for the Shop Channel. :/

In order to access the shop channel you need to upgrade to system menu 4.0, but it's not recommended. Only do this if you already have all your base homebrew installed, because 4.0 won't let you install anything new.

RanmaFreak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a friend who is attempting to put Homebrew Channel on their Wii, but they've already updated their Wii to 4.0. I've told them that it can't be done at the moment, as homebrew channel is needed to downgrade firmware to begin with.

I'm just checking. It ISN'T possible to put Homebrew Channel on a 4.0 Wii, right? At least not currently?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
RanmaFreak said:
I have a friend who is attempting to put Homebrew Channel on their Wii, but they've already updated their Wii to 4.0. I've told them that it can't be done at the moment, as homebrew channel is needed to downgrade firmware to begin with.

I'm just checking. It ISN'T possible to put Homebrew Channel on a 4.0 Wii, right? At least not currently?

At this moment it's impossible. But that may change very soon.
An alpha test of BannerBomb is now released. This will run a .dol, also on a fresh 4.0 system.

waterboy100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to update my Wii to system 4.0. I have 3.3u currently installed.
I have found a shit ton of tutorials online and on this forum and i'm looking for a tutorial that is easy to follow for a not tech savvy guy.

At the moment I have a D2Pro v2. I'd like to be able to run wads (VC, WiiWare, and Homebrew) from a 8 or 16GB SD card.
I'd also like to install a loader (like the childproof USB loader to keep younger siblings from messing discs up (seems easier than finding and burning backups for each game that i buy to kepp PB&J off of new discs).

Any links would be appreciated.

Ryukotsusei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i.heart.piracy said:
Ryukotsusei said:
I followed the 3.1-3.4 Twilight/Downgrade/Gamma Tutorial, but I always get a black screen for the Shop Channel. :/

In order to access the shop channel you need to upgrade to system menu 4.0, but it's not recommended. Only do this if you already have all your base homebrew installed, because 4.0 won't let you install anything new.

Installing IOS61 on 3.2 won't allow access to the Shop?

Him3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says I have IOS 249, or at least thats what the Gamma loader says on the screen. Should I upgrade to 4.0? Or is there a Safe 4.0?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
BannerBomb is only useful to those without the Twilight Hack, right? It's useless for those with it right?
Bannerbomb is for 4.0 wiis mostly.Yes it will work on earlier wii's as well but seeing how you can't use the twilight hack on a 4.0 wii
bannerbomb is the only option for 4.0 wiis right now.

Him3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to run a backup, system says Disc Cannot be Read. They are cheap DVDs, but I've been using them for a while and never gave me that trouble. Can I try re burning it?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Him3000 said:
I am trying to run a backup, system says Disc Cannot be Read. They are cheap DVDs, but I've been using them for a while and never gave me that trouble. Can I try re burning it?
IDK can you?

Of course you can reburn it.

NWFunfi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Allot to get caught up on sinceI installed HBC a while ago, still on .08.All I want is USB loader to store/run my games I own. Do I still need to go thru all the downgraders (wife upgraded to 4.0u)
Thanks!

DWN-011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone willing to help? I had made a thread earlier about this, but I'm sure someone will see it here.

Ok, here's the problem.

I have a 4.0U Wii (NTSC). It was 3.2, but I updated it via Waninkoko's 4.0 updater, and it all worked fine. Weeks ago, I got Wii Fit, it asked me for an update, which I did, after that, most of the time I turn on my Wii, it stays on a black screen. On other tries, it boots normally, but the black screen shows up very often. Is there something I can do to fix this safely?

D

Deleted User

Time for a few noob questions by me
smile.gif

1)Okay, so bootmii will come and install itself as what? A boot2, IOS or System Menu? My Wii has the non-vulnerable boot1 so............
-----------------------------
2)Alrighty, my friend has a semi-brick, and he has not setup any WiFi settings. He has not installed any cIOS and god knows he has what firmware. What should I do in order to:

i) Fix the semi-brick
ii)Install a cIOS
iii)Get him to 4.0U
iv)Install Preloader

All these has to be done offline-way..... so............................. any help?
----------------------------
3)Can non-cIOS'd 4.0 Wii install a cIOS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps