Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

omgwtflol420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is possible; I've done it. I managed to get my instructions from a certain guide, but the site it came from is no more. Fortunately, I managed to save the instructions. Here's what you need to do:

QUOTE said:
*** I am not responsible for any damage done to your wii!***

This is a complete tutorial on how to get the *Homebrew channel* installed on your wii with *Backup loader Gamma v0.3*

*IMPORTANT: Once you modded your wii using this tutorial you shouldn't update your wii anymore, because this might damage your wii or your homebrew channel may not function anymore. Only install updates from the Homebrew channel itself.
Also don't update to a higher version to follow the tutorial; Just stick to the version you have now.*
__________________________________________________ _______________

Before we start, you should check your current firmware version of your wii,
Do this by following the next steps:

• Start your wii.
• At the bottom left, you see a button with "wii" on it, press it.
• Go to wii settings
• Top right on your screen you should see your firmware version.

What do i need?

• A internet connection on your wii.
• A copy of Zelda: Twilight Princess
• A SD-card not bigger then 2GB + No SD-HC sd-card.
• A filepack containing all the required files.(Located underneath.)

Download:
Code:

http://rapidshare.com/files/177587990/wii_softmod.rar

This download contains:
•Homebrew channel
•Backup Loader 0.3 gamma
•PC Program: IMGBurn
•PC Program: Wii game Patcher(decrypter)
•PC Program: Wii brickblocker "update blocker"
•All the files for your SD Card.

Ok, that's all that you need. Next step is the homebrew channel, .
Installing the homebrew channel.

• After you downloaded the required files, unrar wii softmod, and open the SD card formatter.

• Format your SD Card with the following options:
- Format Type: Full (Erase ON)
- Format Size Adjustment: OFF

• Now place all the files from location "wii_softmod/Wii_progandfiles_v3.x/sdcardfiles for v3.x" to the root of your SD Card. Your SD Card should look like this:
"v3.x represents your firmware version of your wii."

SDCARD
-Apps
-Private
-wad
-boot.dol
-boot.elf (boot.elf is only for wii users with firmware version 3.2)

• Whack your SD card into your wii,
• Go to the Wii button bottom left again
• Press Data management
• Press Save data
• Press Wii.
• Find your current Zelda savegame, and delete it.
• Now press your SD Card and you will see the Twilight hack.
• Copy it to your Wii system.
• Start Zelda ASAP and load your savegame.
• Run towards the guy when your save is loaded, and talk to him.
• Now you have to follow the on-screen instructions to install the homebrew channel.
• At the end the wii reboots and you will see your Homebrew channel! Hooray !

You are kinda past the hard part now. Let's continue with the installation of the Backup loader.

Installing the Backup Loader.

Okay, this is where the tutorial splits into 3 parts. You will have to follow your firmware version.

Ill start with;
Users with firmware version 3.2
Make sure Internet is configured correctly on your wii, but NEVER Patch when nintendo asks you to.

• Start the homebrew channel.
• Select in Wad manager 3 : "CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad" And press + on your wiimote.
If wad manager v1.3 doesn't work, try version v1.2 or version v1.1
• After the installation, reboot your wii.
• Go to the homebrew channel and select dvdxinstaller.
• Go to Advanced and select IOS 249
• Reboot your wii after the installation.
• Go to the homebrew channel and select Cios installer.
• Reboot your wii after the nistallation.
• Once more, go to the homebrew channel and open wad manager v1.3 (or lower)
• Select "4 - Autoboot-0.3g-forsaekn.wad" and press + on your wiimote.

Now the Back loader Gamma channel should be installed on your wii!

Users with firmware version 3.3
Make sure Internet is configured correctly on your wii, but NEVER Patch when nintendo asks you to.

• Start wad manager v1.3 and install "1 - IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad"
• After installing reboot your wii and return to the Homebrew channel.
• Now start the wad manager for cIOS_fix and install "2 - cios_fix.wad"
• Reboot the wii and return to the Homebrew channel
• Start IOS DOWNGRADER V1.1, follow the on-screen instructions and reboot your wii after everything is ready.
• Go to the homebrew channel and press dvdxinstaller
• Go to advanced and select IOS 249
• Reboot your wii after installing, and go back to the homebrew channel.
• Press CIOS Installer and follow on-screen instructions
• After installing reboot your wii and return to the homebrew channel.
• Open Wad manager, and install "4 - Autoboot-0.3g-forsaekn.wad"

Users with firmware version 3.4

• Start wad manager v1.3 and install "1 - IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad"
• After installing, reboot your wii and return to the homebrew channel.
• Now start Wad manager for cIOS_fix and install the wad "2 - cios_fix.wad"
• Start IOS DOWNGRADER V1.1, follow the on-screen instructions and reboot your wii after everything is ready.
• Go to the homebrew channel and press dvdxinstaller
• Go to advanced and select IOS 249
• Reboot your wii after installing, and go back to the homebrew channel.
• Press CIOS Installer and follow on-screen instructions
• After installing reboot your wii and return to the homebrew channel.
• Open Wad manager, and install "4 - Autoboot-0.3g-forsaekn.wad"

Getting ISO's ready for the burn+Burning ISO's.
Allright! you got past the most tricky part of the entire tutorial.
If you are planning on downloading games for you wii, you should keep the following information in mind.

First of all you should check this site.
You have to check 2 things before you download your iso.

• Does result say Working?
• Does 1:1 say Yes or No?

Any game that says working, should actually work. When 1:1 Says Yes, it means you don't need to patch it; When 1:1 says NO you will have to Patch it. If it says Yes/no Then you can choose.

If 1:1 Says no, you should patch your ISO with "isopatch" included in the rar.
Otherwise, just leave the iso.

After downloading your Wii ISO, you have to check wether its completely in order.

Unrar wiu1.rar from the pack, and open it.
You will have the "w.i.u 1.1" opened.
Press "OPEN WII ISO" And locate your iso file.
Next there are 3 things to check.

• Filesize should be displayed GREEN
• Update should be displayed GREEN (If not -> Press Brick blocker Patch update.)
• And region should be NTSC or PAL (NTSC= Usa, Pal=europe) [ If not your region, press the patch button with your region on it.]

When this is done, you are ready to burn your ISO !

• Unrar "imgburn" and Install it.
• After installing start the program and select "write image file to disc"
• Insert your empty DVD-R ( Important that it is DVD-R Because there are read problems with DVD+R and DVD+RW , Also the labels Verbatim and Sony Seem to work smoothly )
• Where it says source, select your Wii ISO file.
• Press Verify so that it's enabled
• Your write speed should be set to anything lower then 4x, but i recommend doing it at 1x write speed.

When the burning is complete, pop your dvd into your wii, and launch the Backup Loader. The game wil automaticly Start.

Good Luck
Tut written by Boeber

Bakuryu42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you still need wads? This seems like a completely different process then what I was thinking. I mean the package I got doesn't have any of that stuff just the dols to run through the homebrew channel. so is that not enough? the other guides say install cIOS and then play backedup games. Also do I need to format my SD card if I already have homebrew channel on it?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Bakuryu42 said:
I'm a noob to homebrew I will freely admit it, but I do understand the basics and I do have the homebrew channel installed and working. I have 3.2 firmware im not sure if its E or U (I'm not sure what that means either) I download my Backuplauncher0.3_gamma.zip from

http://cid-839e025d3809d9b2.skydrive.live....i4everybody.com

And I know how to run it by putting them in the apps folder in my SD card, but I am unsure how to properly use them. I assume that the cIOS Installer does what its name implies, but I am not very knowledgeable about said cIOS's for example, how many are there, which one is the best (or do I need them all) I just need names I can find them myself. I notice while reading the endless amount of guides (Yes I did read most of them and I still can't figure this out =\) I notice some mention Wad installer and wads. Are these obsolete now? Another thing that bothered me was the main post about Backup launcher 0.3 Gamma download link is just a text file.

My main goal here is to play Tatsunoko VS Capcom, is it possible? I mean its an NTSC-J game and my Wii is NTSC. Also I heard if it does work there is a color issue how do I fix this?

OK here we go...

.....You have 3.2U cause your Wii is made for USA (E = Europe and J = Japan) to play backups you need two things:

the IOS249_r7 (or the newer and better r8)
and the Gamma Launcher

IOS249 gets installed in your Wii when you use the cIOS36_r7(or 8) Installer, the one from Waninkoko only can install it if you have Wi-Fi enabled in your console, the one from WiiGator can do it thru the Wi-Fi or you can place some files in the SD and it'll do the same.

Gamma Launcher will launch your games, either you found it as a .dol and load it thru the HBC (Homebrew Channel) or you can also found it as a .wad, wich means you have to use Wad Manager to install this .wad file and then you'll have a channel in your main menu so no need to enter in the HBC to load it

the issue about the color is for NTSC - PAL, wich those are the names of video signals, in Europe they use PAL in Japan and America we use NTSC, that is why the games can be:

PAL = Europe and Australia
NTSC-J = Japan (and Korea I think but not sure)
NTSC-U = America

Any more question...???
biggrin.gif

BTW: didn't bother reading the hole guide up here, but they still use DVDx pointed at IOS249, wich is something that is not needed at all anymore, and the IOS16 is only needed if you have FW 3.4 or 3.3v2 (Oct 23rd)

PS. Oh yeah @ omgwtflol420 can you please put the word spoiler, instead of quote on that macrometric post up there

Bakuryu42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so IOS are illegal files correct so I need to find the IOS249_r8 on my own? And I need the installer with it? is that a kinda .dol file that I need? I think what really confuses me is these IOS and cIOS I know its hard to explain without breaking the rules =(. Can I just search for said IOS249_r8+installer?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
IOS are illegal to share cause inside them is only "N" code
cIOS the same but with custom code in it

And they can be installed using either Wad Manager (if the file you have is in .wad format), OR the legal way wich is using a .dol Installer to install it in your Wii, if you look around here at the hacking section of this forums you'll find cIOS38_r8 Installer in a blink of eyes..!!!
smile.gif

Bakuryu42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just need just need the cIOS38_r8 Installer? is there the legal way (files) on this forum *looking now* I see the 36 installer, but not 38 am I missing something? nm I'm stupid my only real question now is how do I run the dol correctly? I mean do I just put i in a folder call cIOS36_r8 Install and run it through HBC?

srinag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap!! my wii stopped working last nite, the red power light is not turning green no matter how many times i press the power button.
I even tried pressing it for a few seconds and then leaving it, still not starting.
Just got the console yesterday, its running 3.2U and I havent tried messing around with it yet.
What happend??????

i even gave a whole nights gap before trying it again, had removed all the wires from the console and power socket.
Still no difference?????? help me pls.......

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
srinag said:
Crap!! my wii stopped working last nite, the red power light is not turning green no matter how many times i press the power button.
I even tried pressing it for a few seconds and then leaving it, still not starting.
Just got the console yesterday, its running 3.2U and I havent tried messing around with it yet.
What happend??????

i even gave a whole nights gap before trying it again, had removed all the wires from the console and power socket.
Still no difference?????? help me pls.......

Seams faulty, Return or send it to nintendo.

synicasm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
When I Scrub I "scrub" the original Iso and when done its the same size.
That is correct, you have to use winrar to compress it, the scrubing process only makes the unused data compresable

When I Trim it allows me to save to a different file name that is much smaller than the original usually.
That's correct cause TRIM is actually like the shrinking on GC games, except that this is a compression that makes the file loose the properties of a Wii.iso

So why would I ever trim ? What Could I do with a trimmed file. make it into a Multiboot Disc?

barneyboy666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello i am new to the wii scene and would like to know some things.

sofar i have a hard modded wii with the D2Ckey or something..
i also have the homebrew channel.

what id like to know is what is starfall and gamma loader??

also i have a cd drive that can read wii discs and i would like to backup SSBB i know it is a Dual layer and wanted to know if how to do it.
i have backed up wii games before with raw dump 2.0 i just want to know if theirs any difference.

Thanks

PS. Sorry if any of these questions have been asked before

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
sess said:
I just used the (Preloader's) Hacks Remover and now my Wii Menu doesn't boot anymore... o_o'...

The only way I can boot it is using Preloader (holding RESET). Any clues of what the hell I did? Is there any problem if I update from 3.2 to 3.4 without using the Remover? (That is, leaving the hacks.ini on the NAND)

I realized this only happens when I use the Hacks Remover... Now, can I update my Wii and leave the hacks.ini there? I'm planning on updating to 3.4 and downgrading back to 3.2U, so that I can uninstall cIOSCORP. I'm afraid that using a wad would brick my Wii and Preloader won't save me as it is now. :s

iResilient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
barneyboy666 said:
i tried backing up SSBB with RawDump2.0 and it doesnt work.

Is their any other program that will backup SSBB?
Try using Waninkoko's DVD Dumper found here: http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blogs/waninkoko (look on the 2nd page)

Run the application via Homebrew Channel and decide the increments you want to put it in (ex: 256 MB, 512 MB, 1024 MB/1GB, etc). You can backup using an SD card, USB storage device, or through WiFi onto your computer. Set the increments based on the capacity of your SD/ USB and every time it preps you to take out the hardware (should go back to step 1), put the hardware into your computer and store it onto your computer.

Repeat process until DVD is finished backing up. I suggest going outside and playing (oh noez), hanging out with friends, or playing a different console while waiting.

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
afif95 said:
If you want to uninstall CIOSCORP, just have a run of IOS Downgrader.

I've read somewhere that the Downgrader doesn't downgrade (lol) all the IOSes. So if I run it, what else should I do? Also, after I uninstall it, can I install the cIOS 36 rev8 and the USB2?

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Can I install Crediar's Preloader in a 3.4U Wii? Or do I have to downgrade? I'm asking because I'm writing a tutorial about downgrading, and I want to put the "Install Preloader" step as soon as possible, because if anything goes wrong in the rest of the tutorial, then the person would just have to load AnyRegionChanger using Preloader and reinstall the whole IOS. I'd try it myself, but my Wii is already in 3.2
rolleyes.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wii_128 said:
Can I install Crediar's Preloader in a 3.4U Wii? Or do I have to downgrade? I'm asking because I'm writing a tutorial about downgrading, and I want to put the "Install Preloader" step as soon as possible, because if anything goes wrong in the rest of the tutorial, then the person would just have to load AnyRegionChanger using Preloader and reinstall the whole IOS. I'd try it myself, but my Wii is already in 3.2
rolleyes.gif
Preloader needs (just like starfall) 3.2, so downgrading is a must

Too

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I just softmodded my Wii with the Twilight hack, and I have the Homebrew channel installed. Is there any way for me to play pirated/back up games on it?

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I have a question that's been bugging me for a while now.

Recently, About 2 weeks ago, I got a new Wii. This one came with 3.3U firmware, so I followed the 3.1-3.4 Twilight/Downgrade/Gamma Tutorial to downgrade to 3.2U. I just yesterday realized that I'm still not able to load any Trucha signed discs, though. Is there a reason? I used the IOS downgrader like the tutorial says.

My question, then, would be "is there a homebrew program that allows Trucha, or will I have to manually downgrade my IOSes? (Or should i just try using IOS downgrader again?)"

If I need to manually downgrade, what are the IOS names and versions that I'd need to get?

thanks for any help at all!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2