ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Lubbo said:
i just need to know do wii channels and wii save game share the same amount of blocks?

No

QUOTE said:
Erm... so.... I am now on a virgin-ized 3.4U and for some reason my copy of Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner seems to lock up at seemingly random times, I deleted it and redownloaded it from the shop channel, but it still does it, does anybody have any ideas?

Maybe.......no forget it, there is no reason to have those kind of troubles on 3.4, you should try to delete it again and re-download, don't use AnyTitleDeleter or it will erase the tickets too, and then no re-download will be avaible

QUOTE said:
Now that my Wii is out of warrenty, I was considering playing around with some homebrew things, but I had a question that i'm a little confused about.
On youtube I see various roms injected into their own VC channels - games such as Earthbound and hacked versions of Mario. My copy of earthbound has long since lost it's ability to retain savedata, and i thought it might be fun to play the Chrono Trigger mistranslation on my Wii - but from what i'm reading VC Injection seems like it might be dangerous.
Reading throught he newbie posts, it seems clear that posting cIOS (whatever that is) is against the rules, some posts also stressed that it was very dangerous to use things that required it, as it might brick the system and/or cause a future Nintendo update to brick the system. Some of the youtube videos about injection mention cIOS, and it has me concerned.
What are the dangers of injection in regards to a bricked or possibly future bricked system? I'm not interested in backup games or most homebrew, I just would like a few of my cartridge SNES games that I know won't see VC release for licensing reasons to be available on my Wii. Is this not worth the trouble? I'm a little nervous about the process.

Ok first of all injections and cIOS has nothing to do, unless you are on 3.3 or 3.4, wich you need to install the latest cIOS36_r7 in order to have Wad Manager functioning, the danger installing channels (only) is if the file is corrupted, then you'll have a semi-brick, and you need to uninstall it, but to do that, you need to have a back door opened to enter in HBC and/or Wad Manager, so first install preloader, and you can be safer

well...
if the problem is the cMIOS....
i've tried overwriting cMIOS with winkoko and with wiigator, without removing patch... only overwriting....
could be that the problem ?
so... where i can find a "virgin" cMIOS to install and work over that ?
Overwritting is fine, there should be a problem, but just to be sure, I'll run an update to 3.4 and then go back to 3.2, and install the cMIOS again, if you want to try first just installing the MIOS and then cMIOS, the MIOSv8 is in PIKMIN (PAL) or Animal Crossing, or using Waninkoko's installer you can install it if you have internet conection on the Wii....!!!
smile.gif

araan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok so if i've undertood well i've to use winkoko installer to re-install mios, installa the wad v8 form pikmin and later install cmios ..
do u think that it should work for use gc backup ?....

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
araan said:
ok so if i've undertood well i've to use winkoko installer to re-install mios, installa the wad v8 form pikmin and later install cmios ..
do u think that it should work for use gc backup ?....

No

you can install original MIOSv8 with wad manager, extract it from PIKMIN (PAL)
OR install it with the cMIOS_installer_r3 from waninkoko

then reboot your Wii and try installing the cMIOS again, I don't know in first place why your launcher don't work, so I really don't know if it will work after doing this, that's why I said, that if doesn't work, try upgrading to 3.4, and then use IOS and cIOS downgraders to go back to 3.2...!!!
smile.gif

Seaniccus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Ok first of all injections and cIOS has nothing to do, unless you are on 3.3 or 3.4, wich you need to install the latest cIOS36_r7 in order to have Wad Manager functioning, the danger installing channels (only) is if the file is corrupted, then you'll have a semi-brick, and you need to uninstall it, but to do that, you need to have a back door opened to enter in HBC and/or Wad Manager, so first install preloader, and you can be safer

I do have 3.3u (But I can play Animal Crossing, which I have been assured is weird, as Animal Crossing contains a 3.4 update) Looks like I have some more reading to do if I want to do this. I'm supposing it's no longer recommended to 'skip' the homebrew channel and just install injections directly through twilight hack? Would this allow me to skip dealing with CIOS36_r7?

thiagofera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
How can i make pikmin (PAL) work in a ntsc wii, my tv doen't suport pal and is a normal tv (without HDTV) (NTSC)
Note:The game works in black and white if i don't force anything and i get a green screen if i tri to force ntsc, wipower toys don't help me with this problem (green Screen), what shoud i do?

You need to patch before burn if you want to use it thru the disc channel, the launchers should work without patch, well at least my copy works with launchers, try extracting the main.dol with WP's toy and then use the GWP1.2 to patch the video, put back the main.dol in the SD and run WP's toy again..!!
smile.gif

Green screen problem if i try to use it, can someone help?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Animal crossing has 3.3 update, and why do you want to skip HBC..?? the twilight hack it is way more complicated (or take more time) than just start the HBC, the cIOS36_r7 it's not needed by the HBC, it is needed by the Wad Manager 1.3, wich is the aplications that installs the channels and other .wad files...!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thiagofera said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
How can i make pikmin (PAL) work in a ntsc wii, my tv doen't suport pal and is a normal tv (without HDTV) (NTSC)
Note:The game works in black and white if i don't force anything and i get a green screen if i tri to force ntsc, wipower toys don't help me with this problem (green Screen), what shoud i do?

You need to patch before burn if you want to use it thru the disc channel, the launchers should work without patch, well at least my copy works with launchers, try extracting the main.dol with WP's toy and then use the GWP1.2 to patch the video, put back the main.dol in the SD and run WP's toy again..!!
smile.gif

Green screen problem if i try to use it, can someone help?

then it is not right patched, I just did it and it works, you have to patch the video PAL-2-NTSC with GWP1.2 and save it, then just replace the main.dol with trucha signer and you're good to burn the .iso..!!
smile.gif

Seaniccus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Animal crossing has 3.3 update, and why do you want to skip HBC..?? the twilight hack it is way more complicated (or take more time) than just start the HBC, the cIOS36_r7 it's not needed by the HBC, it is needed by the Wad Manager 1.3, wich is the aplications that installs the channels and other .wad files...!!
smile.gif

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought that Wad Manager 1.3 was integrated with HBC. As it seems that using cIOS is "more illegal" and also more dangerous in terms of possible bricking, I was asking in a roundabout way if it would be "safer" to skip using the Wad Manager and just install the two injections I want directly via Twilight... I don't really want the homebrew channel because I don't really intend to get deep into the scene, I just want a few "Virtual Console" channels of games I know will never see VC release for legal reasons, or are special fan translations or hacks of games I have on cartridge.

It's also not clear to me if you need to sacrafice a current VC game to get an "injection," to run - At first it seemed to be the case,with injections based on the DKC2 VC channel, but some of the youtube videos seem to be "New" self contained channels, added to the menu without affecting any of your purchased VC games. What's the verdict on this? I tried searching Wiibrew for "inject, injection, VC inject" and other similar terms and could not come up with a comprehensive page on the process, what it entails, and what the risks are. Sorry for asking so much...

omgoogle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
omgoogle said:
Hi guys, I have a question
unsure.gif
(sorry if I didn,t post in the right place...)

So, here it goes, i'd like to play a backup of Animal Crossing City Folk on my wii, my original game broke even before I could play it, so i only have my backup.

I have the homebrew channel and the gamma launcher, my other backups works well, looks like AC is the only game that don't work...

My Wii was 3.4 U, then i downgraded to 3.2 U to play my backups...

So are there any ways to play animal crossing?

By the way: I can boot the game with gamma launcher, it loads, but then a message appears with My Ressetti telling me that there was a problem reading or something.... then the game stops and the only thing I can do is to turn off my wii, all the other games work well... And I don't have the wii speak thing.

[...]

I would guess you have the wrong cIOS installed, check if it's the Gamma cIOS. If you don't know how to check that, just (re)install it. Waninkoko's cIOS36rev7 is more easy to install than WiiGator's. It could be that you need IOS38 installed even if you don't use it, so if the cIOS is correct, install IOS38 wad.

Thanks everyone who replied!

I have tried the IOS38, i have the cIOS36rev7 also... any other possibilities?

I still get the page where it says that it couldn't read my cd...

Thanks again
unsure.gif

simpleplan123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help!! I have a 3.2J Wii, modchip unknown.... Right now I'm trying to play some games however they keep giving me a 001# error. They include Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party & Disaster: Day of Crisis. Both are unable to be opened with Trucha Signer. What do I do? Should I change my wii to a NTSC-U? Or do I need to use WiiFrii or something? Cos everytime I drag the rayman iso onto it, and press D and then enter, it crashes on me... Is it because I need to find the key.bin? Any other way?

Back-up launchers and GeckoOS also doesn't work.. all I get is a black screen with nothing happening. I'm going crazy!! Anyone can help me out please???

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
simpleplan123 said:
I need help!! I have a 3.2J Wii, modchip unknown.... Right now I'm trying to play some games however they keep giving me a 001# error. They include Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party & Disaster: Day of Crisis. Both are unable to be opened with Trucha Signer. What do I do? Should I change my wii to a NTSC-U? Or do I need to use WiiFrii or something? Cos everytime I drag the rayman iso onto it, and press D and then enter, it crashes on me... Is it because I need to find the key.bin? Any other way?

Back-up launchers and GeckoOS also doesn't work.. all I get is a black screen with nothing happening. I'm going crazy!! Anyone can help me out please???

You didn't backup these games yourself, right? Your Disaster is PAL, right? Trucha Signer is able to open mine for me.

simpleplan123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is Pal, came in rar files. Really? Yours can be opened? Wierd... is it cos my Trucha Signer has a problem or something? Then what do you use on the iso after to solve the damn 001# problem?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
simpleplan123 said:
Yes it is Pal, came in rar files. Really? Yours can be opened? Wierd... is it cos my Trucha Signer has a problem or something? Then what do you use on the iso after to solve the damn 001# problem?

I do nothing, it just works. If your .iso can't be opened in trucha signer, it's a bad .iso. That's it.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Seaniccus said:
Ah, I misunderstood. I thought that Wad Manager 1.3 was integrated with HBC. As it seems that using cIOS is "more illegal" and also more dangerous in terms of possible bricking, I was asking in a roundabout way if it would be "safer" to skip using the Wad Manager and just install the two injections I want directly via Twilight... I don't really want the homebrew channel because I don't really intend to get deep into the scene, I just want a few "Virtual Console" channels of games I know will never see VC release for legal reasons, or are special fan translations or hacks of games I have on cartridge.

It's also not clear to me if you need to sacrafice a current VC game to get an "injection," to run - At first it seemed to be the case,with injections based on the DKC2 VC channel, but some of the youtube videos seem to be "New" self contained channels, added to the menu without affecting any of your purchased VC games. What's the verdict on this? I tried searching Wiibrew for "inject, injection, VC inject" and other similar terms and could not come up with a comprehensive page on the process, what it entails, and what the risks are. Sorry for asking so much...

You need to install HBC and some other apps thru HBC to be safe, that is the safe part, even if you don't care about the scene or homebrew, install it, or we will see you really soon posting about your bricked Wii, believe me..!! there is nothing illegal with the cIOS if you use the installer, the illegal thing it is getting those channel to inject your games on them
laugh.gif
, so stop worriying (

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I am new here, great site by the way. My question is, I am new to modding(I am receiving my mod chip in two weeks) I have the newest firmware 3.4U(I updated it a month ago, before I decided to get a mod chip) I have many games that I have gotten so far, and I was told to use WiU 1.1(which includes brick blocker) to remove the update from the games(Which I did) do the majority of Mod Chips work with firmware 3.4?
These are the games that I have so far, do any of these games have any issues with firmware 3.4..
Skate It
De Blob
Mario Kart
Nascar Kart Racing
Sonic Unleashed
Smackdown Vs Raw 2009
Shaun White Snowboarding
They are all NTSC-USA games
I guess my only fear is the Wii somehow bricking, I don't want anything bad to happen to my Wii so I want to make sure I do things right. I am not sure which Mod Chip I am receiving, all I know is that its coming from China and it costs around 60-70 bucks(supposedly its a really good one)
Thanks so much

Seaniccus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
You need to install HBC and some other apps thru HBC to be safe, that is the safe part, even if you don't care about the scene or homebrew, install it, or we will see you really soon posting about your bricked Wii, believe me..!! there is nothing illegal with the cIOS if you use the installer, the illegal thing it is getting those channel to inject your games on them
laugh.gif
, so stop worriying (

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Lakerfanalways said:
Hi everyone, I am new here, great site by the way. My question is, I am new to modding(I am receiving my mod chip in two weeks) I have the newest firmware 3.4U(I updated it a month ago, before I decided to get a mod chip) I have many games that I have gotten so far, and I was told to use WiU 1.1(which includes brick blocker) to remove the update from the games(Which I did) do the majority of Mod Chips work with firmware 3.4?
These are the games that I have so far, do any of these games have any issues with firmware 3.4..
Skate It
De Blob
Mario Kart
Nascar Kart Racing
Sonic Unleashed
Smackdown Vs Raw 2009
Shaun White Snowboarding
I guess my only fear is the Wii somehow bricking, I don't want anything bad to happen to my Wii so I want to make sure I do things right. I am not sure which Mod Chip I am receiving, all I know is that its coming from China and it costs around 60-70 bucks(supposedly its a really good one)
Thanks so much

Well if they haven't been scrubbed then they all should work on 3.4, the ModChips work on any FW version, WiU is an excellent tool and you can be sure no bricks will be caused from discs updates, do you remember if it is a solderless or a WiiClip comes with your chip, that will be the best option for you, and why from china...??
smile.gif

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Lakerfanalways said:
Skate It
De Blob
Mario Kart
Nascar Kart Racing
Sonic Unleashed
Smackdown Vs Raw 2009
Shaun White Snowboarding
Thanks so much

Well if they haven't been scrubbed then they all should work on 3.4, the ModChips work on any FW version, WiU is an excellent tool and you can be sure no bricks will be caused from discs updates, do you remember if it is a solderless or a WiiClip comes with your chip, that will be the best option for you, and why from china...??
smile.gif

Hey there thanks so much for the info. Yeah all of the games that I have are Unscrubbed versions. I already used WiU 1.1 to patch the games so that the updates are gone, because I was reading on other boards how updates can sometimes cause a Wii to brick so of course with my paranoia I was like Oh Oh that ain't good plus the updates are probably not necessary anyway, the only update for a game I have seen so far is for my Wii Fit, when I put in the game it asked me to update the game. I am not sure about what kind of Mod Chip I am receiving, my sister's boyfriend's brother ordered it, he has the same one but a PAL version since he lives in Europe, all I know is that I had to give him the Wii serial # so that he can match it and he said that it is easier to install, goes right on top of the Wii chip that is already inside the Wii, probably some kind of Clip..I have Imgburn, and I have TDK DVD-R disks(8x speed) I was told that it is best to burn them at 1x, is that the right way to do it. do I just go to imgburn, and put at 1x and start burning, or do I have to do something in preferences too to change some options, such as "Write" etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1