Newcomer
Trophies
Website
osenhordospasteis.zip.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys!

I have a big problem...I installed the SoftMii Loader 1.0, i already have a modchip, but some PAL games didn´nt read, so i tried this loader.
But this HB didn´t do anything...and have a terrible visual. So i decided to remove it....but i didn´t find anything on google...and them i think: "Hum...i will format my Wii and everything will be ok!=D" but when had finished to format the Wii, the System Menu disappear and all i have is a black screen, like one of those IOS installers, and I can acess HBC.

I can play games using the backuplauncher gamma 0.3 by the HBC...but i have no Channels, no Wii System Menu...T.T

There is a way to me to get the original System Menu installed again?Or can i installed another system menu?

I want my channels back...
unsure.gif

I´ll apreciate if you help me guys!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
setasan11 said:
Hey guys!

I have a big problem...I installed the SoftMii Loader 1.0, i already have a modchip, but some PAL games didn´nt read, so i tried this loader.
But this HB didn´t do anything...and have a terrible visual. So i decided to remove it....but i didn´t find anything on google...and them i think: "Hum...i will format my Wii and everything will be ok!=D" but when had finished to format the Wii, the System Menu disappear and all i have is a black screen, like one of those IOS installers, and I can acess HBC.

I can play games using the backuplauncher gamma 0.3 by the HBC...but i have no Channels, no Wii System Menu...T.T

There is a way to me to get the original System Menu installed again?Or can i installed another system menu?

I want my channels back...
unsure.gif

I´ll apreciate if you help me guys!
System formatting does more bad than good
try this : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=133557

overloadofred

Trophies
Website
www.wii-media.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys, newbie here needs help

i really want to be able to play Twilight Princess,
i got everything installed, wad manager custom ios and all that *
even got about 6 channels that are supposed to be able to play tp, but none is working!
(other games like mario kart and mario paper are working flawlessly)
in the backup launcher compability matrix is a link for a requim4d fix or something, but what to do with that?
someone can answer my question?
i dont check this forum too much, so please a pm or an email

PLEASE LET THERE BE A WAY TO DO THIS, I LIKE TP SO MUCH!
enough questions and shouting, HELP!

My Email

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 3 kinds of people:
people who can count from one to three
and people who can't count from one to three

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
WiiPower said:
ether2802 said:
unplug any GC memory card...!!
smile.gif

Gamma really needs an update: At the screen you get if you have a memory card in slot 2, it should say, "Remove the memory card in slot 2". Oh and the same for all patchmii clones.

yeah it totally needs that function, or a total cancellation of the GC slots, I mean no one is using WiiKey SD to run HBC, and BTW, I forgot about this and ran Gamma Launcher, so without reseting or turn off the Wii I just unplugged the memorys, and all my data inside got corrupted
sad.gif
well I didn't have any big save, all of the games I have, I got them just now that the GC launcher came out
laugh.gif
and also, have anyone notest the dairy log if you launch your GC games thru the disc channel..?? it appears as HBC but the time is funny, for me after 1 hr or so, got HBC 16:00 hrs
ohmy.gif

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I hate asking so many questions, but that's just what happens

1) is this the guide I want to de-hack my wii? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=133557 and when I am done, can I go back to 3.4?

2) if I do remove the hacks, when I update, do my illegitimate WADS get removed too, or can I like, install the WADs of games I want permanently and keep them when I update, or do I have to stay hacked in order to keep them?

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cactusjack901 said:

1) is this the guide I want to de-hack my wii? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=133557 and when I am done, can I go back to 3.4?

2) if I do remove the hacks, when I update, do my illegitimate WADS get removed too, or can I like, install the WADs of games I want permanently and keep them when I update, or do I have to stay hacked in order to keep them?

...anybody?

EDIT: and sorry, yes I am impatient

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
cactusjack901 said:

Yes it is, and yes you can go to 3.4
As long as you don't uninstall them, you keep them
and as long as you have the tickets for them you can even download them in the shop
(tickets get removed with Wad manager, AnyTitleDeleter or System Format)

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
cactusjack901 said:

and as long as you have the tickets for them you can even download them in the shop

Thanks man, you've helped me yet again, I should like... send you a gift basket of fruit, last thing remaining is that in the guide, when it says all IOS versions over 200, does that also include IOS200 (I haven't started yet, so I don't know if it's there to begin with)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
cactusjack901 said:
tj_cool said:
cactusjack901 said:

Thanks man, you've helped me yet again, I should like... send you a gift basket of fruit, last thing remaining is that in the guide, when it says all IOS versions over 200, does that also include IOS200 (I haven't started yet, so I don't know if it's there to begin with)
Don't know (is there even a IOS200 ?)
(Btw, I only want money
tongue.gif
, begone with your fruit)

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, if I edit my Hacks.ini on my SD card...

I have to remove the one on my Wii right?

I must use a Preloader Remover

I want to know how to remove the Hacks.ini on my Wii

And may for later...
How i remove Preloader...

Thanks,
Adr990

Edit
The apps I think I go to use:
Hacks Remover
or
Preloader Remover
or
Preloader Remover & DVDX

So i think I'm done
tongue.gif

I am done
happy.gif

DR0KZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First off, HI! I've been reading these boards from my mobile and work for the past couple of days and learned ever so much, thank you.

Now i finally got a Wii, bought Twilight Princess and a SD card and i'm ready to soft mod it. A few things remain unclear though,

- How much is a GC controller needed?
- Is it easy to brick it as a total newbie?
- I read on various sites that i cant go online anymore, others say just dont update (Starfall should prevent this anyway)
- Wich of these three guides are the best/safest to follow -- Noobwarrior7's - or - Prime's - or - BigMoe's.

Sorry to ask the most obvious, but i'm just abit overdosed on new info. The dutch have a saying for this " Unable to see the woods trough the trees" if that makes any sense
smile.gif

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Need to add that Homebrew Starter's Guide helped alot.

shinato91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone, my friend's wii died so he bought another and now we want to copy his brawl save, I think we will downgrade the old wii since it has homebrew installed but his new wii is 3.3u so we want to know if the brawl data can be copied to the new wii without the rebooter or any other app, because we don't want to downgrade that one too. Thanks!!

Supergluey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ether2802 said:
Supergluey said:
I always treat my disc the same way, both burned and the official ones. Is maxell a bad DVD-R to use, cause bad discs, i heard can damage the laser. i cant' really open the wii anyways cause i need one of those tri-force screwdrivers. Do you think , scratching everything and start everything from scratch will solve the problem? It's like windows, if you use it for a couple of years, you sometimes need to reinstall it to get that "fresh" fast feeling where everything is working fine.

Well Maxell it is not a bad brand, check with ImgBurn the DiscID and compare it HERE, when a disc is hard to read the laser will make an extra effort to read it, but have seen so many cases that tell us the Wii doesn't try to make that extra effort, so no damage can be done because of this, and you can try doing it all over again, but start upgrading to 3.4, then go back to 3.2, then unistall and install back the cIOS for Gamma Launcher, Starfall or Preloader and then try your games again, in this exact order, you can also perform a format but make sure you are on 3.2 before start it...!!!
wink.gif

Well I update it to 3.4 using the wi-fi connection. Before I upgraded back down to 3.2, I tried loading, GH:WT, Mario Kart, Smash Bros Brawl.. all retail discs.. All of the games eventually show the "disc cannot be read error." I'm like wtf. Fine. i took a game I had but never once put played it which was Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros Treasure. It's been in teh case all this time. Never moved and never opened. So I opened it, put it in, and voila.. still the same msg.
I really think it's the laser, somehow using crappy discs can damage it. Do i really need to downgrade back to 3.2 just to see if it's a software/firmware problem?

Anyone have any other suggestions before i scrap everything and make my nintendo wii a virgin so it can be sent back to Ninty?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well if none of your retails discs work in 3.4, then send it to "N" and the DVD copies can't damage your Wii, it is obviously manufacturer issue...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Hi everyone, my friend's wii died so he bought another and now we want to copy his brawl save, I think we will downgrade the old wii since it has homebrew installed but his new wii is 3.3u so we want to know if the brawl data can be copied to the new wii without the rebooter or any other app, because we don't want to downgrade that one too. Thanks!!

for rebooter function in Gamma you don't need to downgrade, so it is your best but not the only option, there is an app from Waninkoko that can do that if you have the legit copy of SSBB

- How much is a GC controller needed?
Actually I bought it just because it was on sale, but know I realize that the GC games are good, maybe better than the Wii ones, but now with preloader there is no need at all

- Is it easy to brick it as a total newbie?
Mmmm... only if you don't know what you are doing (or trying to do) and just go and start using unknown apps and installing damaged or corrupted wads, but preloader can save your @$$ too

- I read on various sites that i cant go online anymore, others say just dont update (Starfall should prevent this anyway)
The ones saying don't go online are paranoids (androids
tongue.gif
) and they are not worth of trust, Starfall (or better preloader) will only skip disc updates and only if you are on 3.2, the internet updates just don't do them and you'll be fine on 3.2

- Wich of these three guides are the best/safest to follow -- Noobwarrior7's - or - Prime's - or - BigMoe's.
The one you can understand better without any doubt, you can always ask first before starting the guide if some point is not clear enough for you, but if you give 2 or 3 reads before starting and then you do step by step on your Wii with the guide by your side, nothing can go wrong...!!!
smile.gif

gotchaff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to compress a RE4 Wii Edition ISO using Wii Scrubber, but the compressed ISO it's generating is the same size as the original ISO. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I do "Load ISO" then "Clear and Save ISO".

Thanks for the help.

HiProfile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious if you could have both a FlatMii mod AND a drive chip like a D2Pro on the same Wii.

I want the FlatMii so I don't have to keep discs out in the open, but may also need the chip for certain games that Backup Launcher can't boot. Its more of a hypothetical question, so please don't flame with a "just use blah blah" answer.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
HiProfile said:
I'm curious if you could have both a FlatMii mod AND a drive chip like a D2Pro on the same Wii.

I want the FlatMii so I don't have to keep discs out in the open, but may also need the chip for certain games that Backup Launcher can't boot. Its more of a hypothetical question, so please don't flame with a "just use blah blah" answer.

Flatmii should be compatible with everything, when enabled it replaces the drive completely. That's why i think in the future, it will have a greater compatibility than a modchip, because everything checked by nintendo can be easiliy emulated. And you don't need the backup launcher if you use flatmii, you don't need any other mod than flatmii itself for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: