longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
i dont think u need cios249 to play backups if u have cioscorp... but I'm not sure if one can install cioscorp without cios249
yes it's needed just checked the readme

What is needed (other than this package):
- A Nintendo Wii (to modify)
- A non-SDHC Card with heaps of free space (preferably a blank card)
- Ability to run Wii homebrew (preferably Homebrew Channel installed)
- Waninkoko's cIOS249 installed, to run the installer

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay then, i installed it anyway, now, i have a question about priiloader, i do not find hacks.ini for 4.2u .. anybody can help me to find it please

Thank You

WiiFSA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had a problem...my Wii keeps freezing out of no where. :\
I noticed it first when I was playing brawl and I thought it was the hacks, but while using other applications on the HBC it froze many times again. It didn't freeze that often before, but now its just ridiculous, I also didn't do any changes to my Wii nor installed anything new from when it didn't freeze often to now when it freezes way too much.

I don't know how to fix this, hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks.

Edit: Also a lot my apps often just give me a black screen, and I have to restart my Wii, I don't know if it's the same problem, but just thought I should mention it.

kansas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, everyone. New member here.

WARNING: Prepare for the most noobish of noobishness, perhaps too noobish even for the noob thread:

I'm getting a Wii for christmas, primarily to run homebrew and lots of non-nintendo sanctioned stuff on. Having a custom firmware PSP has provided me with a lot of fun, but I'm getting a little bored with it, and the wii community seems to be thriving, so i'm looking forward to experiencing all that wii homebrew has to offer.

1. So, what's the difference between a hardmod and a softmod? Is one safer (or better) than the other?

2. I'm hoping to use a external harddrive w/ the usb loader, are all brands/sizes compatible?

3. Since the wii i'm getting is probably a brand new model, what are the chances that i won't be able to watch dvds on it?

4. Can i run gamecube backups through usb?

5. Any tips for someone just getting started with wii homebrew (avoiding bricks, good homebrew/emulators, etc.)?

6. Lastly, and most importantly for me, the only wii game i have any real interest in playing is New Super Mario Bros and it seems like nintendo put a lot of copy protection measures on that game in particular. How difficult is it to run that game through USB? what kind of patches and things do i need to apply?

Thanks to any and everyone who is willing to tolerate my ultimate noobishness. I'm sure that all my questions are answered one hundred times over on this site and many others, but, honestly i'm a little intimidated by all the information here, and if someone would be willing to answer my questions without directing me to google or another noob thread, i would be seriously grateful.

Thanks for your time!

wuher69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I have a 3.2U that I have been happy with for awhile. I want the SD card menu now though, so from what I understand the best menu for this is 4.1? Most of the guides I see here seem to be designed for Wiis that have never been hacked. Is there a guide for safely/easily updating one that has already been hacked?

As I said I am on 3.2U, running ciosrev14, did some sort of shop-update to make mm9 work, and have installed some IOS to make pokemon rumble work. Also- I don't know what Trucha means, but I am almost positive I did that when I originally hacked it

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wuher69 said:
Alright, I have a 3.2U that I have been happy with for awhile. I want the SD card menu now though, so from what I understand the best menu for this is 4.1? Most of the guides I see here seem to be designed for Wiis that have never been hacked. Is there a guide for safely/easily updating one that has already been hacked?

As I said I am on 3.2U, running ciosrev14, did some sort of shop-update to make mm9 work, and have installed some IOS to make pokemon rumble work. Also- I don't know what Trucha means, but I am almost positive I did that when I originally hacked it

Here you go read this carefully before you decide.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

I've used this myself without problem.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kansas said:

WARNING: Prepare for the most noobish of noobishness, perhaps too noobish even for the noob thread:

I'm getting a Wii for christmas, primarily to run homebrew and lots of non-nintendo sanctioned stuff on. Having a custom firmware PSP has provided me with a lot of fun, but I'm getting a little bored with it, and the wii community seems to be thriving, so i'm looking forward to experiencing all that wii homebrew has to offer.

1. So, what's the difference between a hardmod and a softmod? Is one safer (or better) than the other?

2. I'm hoping to use a external harddrive w/ the usb loader, are all brands/sizes compatible?

3. Since the wii i'm getting is probably a brand new model, what are the chances that i won't be able to watch dvds on it?

5. Any tips for someone just getting started with wii homebrew (avoiding bricks, good homebrew/emulators, etc.)?

6. Lastly, and most importantly for me, the only wii game i have any real interest in playing is New Super Mario Bros and it seems like nintendo put a lot of copy protection measures on that game in particular. How difficult is it to run that game through USB? what kind of patches and things do i need to apply?

Thanks to any and everyone who is willing to tolerate my ultimate noobishness. I'm sure that all my questions are answered one hundred times over on this site and many others, but, honestly i'm a little intimidated by all the information here, and if someone would be willing to answer my questions without directing me to google or another noob thread, i would be seriously grateful.

Thanks for your time!
1] hardmod physically installs a chip to your wii's dvd drive, and softmodding is pure programming.

2] not all are compatible, but most are, go for seagate or western digital, and legit hdd should work.

3] yes, very good you'll have d3-2 drive, which cant read anything besides original wii games.

4] no

5] read slowly. http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/

6] it ridiculously easy to play via USB, just dl an already patched version.

good luck man and read everything on your cpu screen and tv screen carefully.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be clear, is it safe to connect a soft modded Wii to Nintendo's online? Or do they do things like MS and ban your system, mess it up, etc. Can they detect it at all?

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xzxero said:
kansas said:

Thanks for your time!
1] hardmod physically installs a chip to your wii's dvd drive, and softmodding is pure programming.

2] not all are compatible, but most are, go for seagate or western digital, and legit hdd should work.

3] yes, very good you'll have d3-2 drive, which cant read anything besides original wii games.

4] no

5] read slowly. http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/

6] it ridiculously easy to play via USB, just dl an already patched version.

good luck man and read everything on your cpu screen and tv screen carefully.
For 6: Configurable USB loader will load an unpatched NSMBwii just fine, I think. At least, I believe I used an unpatched version and it works flawlessly.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tbgtbg said:
Just to be clear, is it safe to connect a soft modded Wii to Nintendo's online? Or do they do things like MS and ban your system, mess it up, etc. Can they detect it at all?
As long as you don't cheat on games while going online, its safe

professa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
trying to add hbc to a 4.2E wii
bannerbomb working ok
hackmii 0.6 installer fails

it says running under IOS34 13/20
wii sys menu vers 482 ver30Eur
hbc has only been tested with 354 v22 and below
i'll config hbc to use IOS36

then error -1030002011 installing ticket

all my searches say i'm using the wrong installer and then point me the one i am using

any help would be great

cheers

nevermind got xzxero's modify package - worked like a charm
smile.gif

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry to... bother you, but shouldn't you add that people can use bannerbomb instead of the TP hack, and somethig about USB loaders for playing backups? i have seen threads with questions that could easily be solved with "use bannerbomb" or "you can load them from a usb hdd if you want"... you don't have to though, it's just an idea.

kama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do I need to install to play new super mario bros Wii? I put the disk in and it just went to a black screen. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1