Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

shags

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have down graded to 3.2 E and have starfall and Cioscorp installed.
From what i can gather from all the reading i have done the best way to go is Preloader and RiiskiMod.

Question is

Am i best to use ARC to overwrite Cioscorp and turn all starfall hacks off then install preloader followed by RiiskiMod.
And do i even need starfall at all now?
Any procedure or advice will be really appreciated.

Btw , Thanks for all the work you guys have done. This thread will give piece of mind to many who feel noob and didnt want to post in the wrong spot and piss people off.

richglix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would probably just wait for Riskiimod/softmii v3, it will be out soon with preloader 26, which may eliminate the need for starfall.

Thats what I'm going to do at this point.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1. Is there a list of all the original ios that should be on my system when i brought it? i.e. what ios should be with firmware 3.3E
No one has cared enough to post a list of the original IOS, but I think all of them are inside the update partition of the disc with an update (almost everyone I think), but you could do an update to 3.4 (with IOS249 installed from Gamma launcher) and the run the Title Lister app, that'll give the entire list of original existent IOS (except for 249, of course) and then use cIOS and IOS Downgrader to go back to 3.2

2. I'm i correct in thinking that the only ios that is extra is ios 249 the others can be put back to original if they are modified with an upgrade with ios downgrader
Yes the only extra IOS inside your Wii right now is IOS249 (and IOS16 if you used the Custom Wad Manager), and if you pull an update thru the Wii Settings you'll have the latest and original IOS'es

hope that help too...!!!
smile.gif

brownmurder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this should vbe a simple one

is there anyway to see the title id before i install a wad
when it comes to uninstalling them with anytitle deleter i cant tell whats what there all like (B5SU) ect

thanks

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Am i best to use ARC to overwrite Cioscorp and turn all starfall hacks off then install preloader followed by RiiskiMod.
Any Region Changer will not overwrite CIOScorp entirely, in fact, only IOS30 is re-intalled by it, the SysMenu is also re-installed, so the Starfall hacks will be gone either they are ON or OFF, after installing ARC and cIOS30 (or the entire CIOScorp) your last step is install PreLoader v0.26, and the RiskiiMod is now completed, RiskiiMod it is not a software or aplication, it is only the name of the guide/tutorial, and it is called Riskii because half of the File System is changed with unauthorized code
biggrin.gif

And do i even need starfall at all now?
If you install ARC and/or PreLoader, no.

BTW: Congrats richglix

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
is there anyway to see the title id before i install a wad
when it comes to uninstalling them with anytitle deleter i cant tell whats what there all like (B5SU) ect

Don't really remember because I used it only a few times, but confirm it for yourself with this tool

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
terra808 set us a great example of what a noob is. and i got's a question for you all.

if i got riskmii v2 installed should i unistall gamma version 0.3 from my wii (it's a channel BTW)

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if people find the name noob offiesne then there going be SOL cause new people flood the topics with questions and answers which piss people off (even the oldies who were here when the site was opened...)

which BTW when was this site opend?

also shout out to the TC and who ever else supports this!!

D

Deleted User

terra, so you want to have a subforum of noobs only?

Then where the hell do we (non-noobs) get to spend our time in? Oh wait, just a chatroom.

Honestly terra, you're more than a noob.

N LErn 2 SPEEL

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow what a burn there... afif95 i'm a semi-noob but still that was harsh... but anyway i know how to do things with my own wii on homebrew so... i'm not going defend anymore noobs after this post... so your on your own bucko. (i am calling the noobs bucko) not the all mighty gods of GBAtemp. well anyway just go to chat if you have to... jeezzz.......

D

Deleted User

I'm taking a piss on him for a reason. Anyway, DJPlace about your question before, I suppose you could if you want to.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if i got riskmii v2 installed should i unistall gamma version 0.3 from my wii (it's a channel BTW)
No, riskiimod still can't load all the games, some need to change the language to japanese, some can't be forced to other region, keep it till the complete region free gets acomplish, or keep it and learn how to use the ocarina app inside the launcher
laugh.gif

@ terra808:

there are alredy several Wii homebrew scene chats, #wiidev, #wiihelp, #wiin00b, etc etc etc....., give them a check and let us know where you are at, ok..??
smile.gif

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
terra808 said:
I LOVE THIS FORUM!

I have been a guest on this forum (to read) for a long time, member since dec 08 because never felt the need for input because always been covered. i make a what u call a request ....TO MAKE THE PEOPLE do there stuff that they need to without all the shit that YOU/WE keep bothering them ....the best stuff goes on behind closed doors.....and then when i comes out BAM.

I would love to know the average age of this forum

--------------------

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I want to remember you all, that this is not a thread to start fighting with each other, and I can't see any question at all, requests in this thread will not be taken at all, got it...??
mad.gif

D

Deleted User

I don't want to file an argument. Let's all be cool and think wisely.

This is the topic where we ASK questions, not REQUEST a feature. Plus, your feature sucks. I, as a powerful user, think that we (Powerful users) shouldn't be left with just a chatroom while noobs have their own subforums.

Now, that is why, I took a piss on you. Plus, learn to spell. It's "they're" not "there"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ Aglae Pheryl: Is anyone familiar with former forum opg.life ? I missed the transition to the new forum over...