Hacking Noob, need help working R4 revolution for DS please!

Kodesmack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded R4SDHC v1.34 and put all the files from that on the sd card. Then I downloaded the retrogamefan multi cart update and took the files from the R4SDHC and moved them to the sd card, overwriting any files. Did I do that right? Because Im still getting black screens on startup.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Kodesmack said:
I downloaded R4SDHC v1.34 and put all the files from that on the sd card. Then I downloaded the retrogamefan multi cart update and took the files from the R4SDHC and moved them to the sd card, overwriting any files. Did I do that right? Because Im still getting black screens on startup.
remove everything from the original firmware (everything from R4SDHC v1.34) and just put everything in the multicart update R4SDHC folder into your micro SD card.

Kodesmack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
Kodesmack said:
remove everything from the original firmware (everything from R4SDHC v1.34) and just put everything in the multicart update R4SDHC folder into your micro SD card.
Just tried that, still black screens.
sad.gif

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Kodesmack said:
s4mid4re said:
Kodesmack said:
Just tried that, still black screens.
sad.gif
does your cart have a website written on it? If so, what's the website?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Kodesmack said:
No not on the cart itself. I dont have the box anymore either, but i remember it telling me to get my files from http://www.r4ds.me/. Sorry I dont know more
I don't see r4ds.me on YSmenu's compatibility list, but the download page of the website has wood 1.37 (the latest wood) O:

Download it and check if it works. If it does, you've got a wood r4 compatible clone.
happy.gif

Kodesmack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wood R4 will load okay, but every game i try to play with it gives me white screens. Do I need something else with wood, or can my flashcart just not use it?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Kodesmack said:
Wood R4 will load okay, but every game i try to play with it gives me white screens. Do I need something else with wood, or can my flashcart just not use it?
Have you tried formatting wit the panasonic SD formatter? It's inside RGF multicart update, inside the extras folder. Back everything up and set it to Full Format ON and Size Adjustment ON

Put everything back in and try again.

If this doesn't work I don't know what to do anymore /:
The only thing I can suggest is to get a better flashcart like the acekard 2i or r4i Gold (make sure it's from r4ids.cn and not any other crap clone)

Kodesmack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
Kodesmack said:
Have you tried formatting wit the panasonic SD formatter? It's inside RGF multicart update, inside the extras folder. Back everything up and set it to Full Format ON and Size Adjustment ON

Put everything back in and try again.

If this doesn't work I don't know what to do anymore /:
The only thing I can suggest is to get a better flashcart like the acekard 2i or r4i Gold (make sure it's from r4ids.cn and not any other crap clone)

Sadly im still getting white screens. I appreciate all your help. Hopefully weve narrowed it down or Ill just have to save up for a better card

liewhl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
erm, what game are you trying to load?
just find a dstt normal kernal and test whether you can launch or not first

liewhl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can try the following step:
1. google for "DSTT Official English Firmware 1.18" and download from filetrip
2.install it
3. then go download retrofan multicart update to update it to play newer game
4.copy all the file in the r4-sdhc_r4i-sdhc ttmenu folder and replace the file in your memory card
5. you are done

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 128kbs of storage +1