Hacking Noob, Need Help with R4 themes

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,430
  • Replies 3
D

Deleted User

OP
I want to create a themes folder with 12 themes, each containing 4 images and themes.ini files (downloaded). Will creating a folder kill my R4? (1:1 Clone)
Also, how do you change the theme?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have a 1:1 clone why are you using original firmware? (edit: Wood R4 has support for many many more games, it's current version is 1.09 I believe. Also uses the Acekard2/AKAIO theme GUI)

i believe the theme is automatically selected based on the month corresponding to the numbered theme, if you can cycle through them i don't know how on original R4 except perhaps SELECT

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, won't cause any damage to your cart at all. If you wanna make it easier to change themes you could always use this.
smile.gif
http://gbatemp.net/t106054-dsfcc-flashcart...ger-for-windows

It's a full fledged manager but it's got an R4 skin utility built in. You just select your skin from a list and click apply. I can't find the standalone version of it or I'd link you to that.

edit : But I totally agree with exangel. You should be using WoodR4. You can use the skins from the AK2 on there. I can link you to SkinAK2 to make applying skins easier if you want.

D

Deleted User

OP
some dude told me that my R4 is a 1:1 clone, from images that I could get. My mates all rely on me to give them working themes for the original firmware. So I have to start testing them out on the original firmware as the other day, somebody's r4 went screwed after putting one of my themes on it. (Though he HATES me and knows stuff 'bout me. I think his R4 just died) He paid me.

Worked like a charm. Thanks guys!
P.S. Sure Wood has all it's shortcuts and ROM compatibility, but I prefer the original firmware. Why:
Well, sure it's boring without themes, but with some awsome themes, it looks great. Also, I have some quite new games (Like Sonic Classic Collection) and they work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1