OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
ok,
it was recently brought to my attention that flashcards can support firmwares not officially made by the companies they produce them
blink.gif

and that m3i zero (and m3 cards in general) has a number of firmwares floating around...

my questions?
I'm using latest m3sakura firmware.

why should I change to any other firmware?what are pros and cons?
I've never had any problems with the m3sakura besides with the games known to not work with it.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
dysan said:
I've never had any problems with the m3sakura besides with the games known to not work with it.

Well, for some people that's a problem. Some people would like to play new games (from august - not that new) and that's one of the reasons why they choose Wood M3 or YSMenu M3.

Another problem is that M3 is quite slow with a lot of mSD cards. Some ROMs are really slow.

Try another firmware / flashcard, you'll see the difference.

And Sakura is just Moonshell. Nothing special about that. You can create Acekard Sakura or DSTT Sakura in two minutes.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally my absolute favorite firmware is woodm3. I have it set to autoboot (there's a thread on here with a version of it set to do that and page 3 of the nintail thread has instructions to do it yourself). Its a smaller than the m3 firmware which is good if you're limited for microSD space. It also has the best compatibility right now running Last Window and Super Scribblenauts and stuff like that. One disadvantage of it is it doesn't take well to fragmentation but if you just copy everything onto your card a t once its hardly a problem

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
copy the file to pc then back on to the microsd on every game you put in that doesn't work? that is already a problem...although, I have not encounter such problems

expect a new System update sometime this week

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Etalon said:
dysan said:

Well, for some people that's a problem. Some people would like to play new games (from august - not that new) and that's one of the reasons why they choose Wood M3 or YSMenu M3.

Another problem is that M3 is quite slow with a lot of mSD cards. Some ROMs are really slow.

Try another firmware / flashcard, you'll see the difference.

And Sakura is just Moonshell. Nothing special about that. You can create Acekard Sakura or DSTT Sakura in two minutes.
Don't you think if it was that easy Acekard Sakura would already be here? I haven't seen any, besides, it was created by the M3 team, and although it may look like Moonshell it's practically a Touchpod with a better Moonlight-like and faster GUI (from my point of view).

M3 is fine with a class 6 card, or with some good brands even class 4 is enough.
smile.gif

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Fel said:
Don't you think if it was that easy Acekard Sakura would already be here? I haven't seen any, besides, it was created by the M3 team, and although it may look like Moonshell it's practically a Touchpod with a better Moonlight-like and faster GUI (from my point of view).

M3 is fine with a class 6 card, or with some good brands even class 4 is enough.
smile.gif

?

Here's Acekard Sakura:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=215395

Here's DSTT Sakura:
http://gbatemp.net/t232304-batch-file-make...as-your-main-os

You should really try a different card, dude. Only guys with M3 as their only card speak like this nowadays.

AK2=$12. Or even R4DS=$5.

You'll see the difference in speed. Speed of GUI and ROM!

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
NReale3370 said:
Personally my absolute favorite firmware is woodm3. I have it set to autoboot (there's a thread on here with a version of it set to do that and page 3 of the nintail thread has instructions to do it yourself). Its a smaller than the m3 firmware which is good if you're limited for microSD space. It also has the best compatibility right now running Last Window and Super Scribblenauts and stuff like that. One disadvantage of it is it doesn't take well to fragmentation but if you just copy everything onto your card a t once its hardly a problem

that woodm3 can run last window and super scribblenauts?

I believe I'm gonna need a download link and a tutorial
yaynds.gif

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep M3 Sakura is awful, horrible RTS as well. It creates lot of files in my Game folder without organizing anything and makes everything look messy. RTS creates a 4MB for every game if you just enable it. In-Game menu isn't really good as well. Plus lots of games don't work with cheats in Sakura, and they still haven't fixed a lot of old games such as Maplestory DS, Alice in Wonderland, and some others I forgot about. Took them even 3 updates just to fix Pokemon SoulSilver/Heartgold.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
Yep M3 Sakura is awful, horrible RTS as well. It creates lot of files in my Game folder without organizing anything and makes everything look messy. RTS creates a 4MB for every game if you just enable it. In-Game menu isn't really good as well. Plus lots of games don't work with cheats in Sakura, and they still haven't fixed a lot of old games such as Maplestory DS, Alice in Wonderland, and some others I forgot about. Took them even 3 updates just to fix Pokemon SoulSilver/Heartgold.
But it looks pretty xD (a great silver lining).

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dysan said:
NReale3370 said:

that woodm3 can run last window and super scribblenauts?

I believe I'm gonna need a download link and a tutorial
yaynds.gif
I can definitely confirm last window runs fine in woodm3

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Etalon said:
Fel said:
Don't you think if it was that easy Acekard Sakura would already be here? I haven't seen any, besides, it (Sakura) was created by the M3 team, and although it may look like Moonshell it's practically a Touchpod with a better Moonlight-like and faster GUI (from my point of view).

smile.gif

?

Here's Acekard Sakura:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=215395

Here's DSTT Sakura:
http://gbatemp.net/t232304-batch-file-make...as-your-main-os

You should really try a different card, dude. Only guys with M3 as their only card speak like this nowadays.

AK2=$12. Or even R4DS=$5.

You'll see the difference in speed. Speed of GUI and ROM!
...you know, I was firstly talking about Sakura being faster than Touchpod, and not being "practically Moonshell" but a Touchpod with Moonshell GUI. And secondly, I meant by "it runs fine with a mSD class 6 or in some cases class 4" that the games run perfectly like on a real cart, without any lags - which you should know, so you shouldn't try to put me down as if I thought a slow GUI/ROM was a fast one because of not seeing the speed of other flashcarts. I've seen Acekard loading games and browsing through the menus on somebody's DS, and I can say my Sakura matches the speed in GUI, game comparison is not necessary since roms run like on a real cart, no lags whatsoever. So I do have the basis for comparison, plus you always have those youtube videos of people loading games and moving through GUIs - and I can say that Sakura with a good mSD moves as quickly like any other cart, and I even feel that my games load faster than on the Acekard I've seen - and I think he had also a class 6 card.

Concerning Acekard Sakura - normally the first part in compounds modifies the second one, so an Acekard Sakura would be a Sakura which looks like or has something from Acekard, not the other way like you meant it. So before you posted that link I thought you were talking about Sakura having it's Acekard version, not the other way. If you just said MAIO from the start, or Moonshell Acekard, now that would have been different. Though that's Moonshell, not Sakura, they are two different things although they have the same GUI - one is a media player, the other a firmware/kernel for playing games and playing some media. So you don't have "Acekard Sakura" like you think, if anything, it would be called Sakura Acekard. But it's not, it's called MAIO - Moonshell-All-In-One, because it's the Moonshell, not Sakura, on Acekard. Right?
smile.gif

(although it's true this was a mistake on both sides, you using the wrong term and me not knowing about MAIO)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A