NOOB FRIENDLY: Running PKHeX On Mac OS 10.7

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Indigo Marz, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Indigo Marz
    OP

Indigo Marz Indigo Marz - No HooX

Aug 4, 2011
    United States
    Funcoland
    Tired Of Seeing That Error Message Telling You About .NET Blah Blah Blah When You Open PKHeX On Your Mac? Well Heres A Solution. ;)

Things You Need:
    -A Mac On 10.7 (Duh) Or Lower (Maybe),
    Ive Only Tried With 10.7

-PKHex

-Wine, With Winebottler
    And .NET Framework 4.0 installed
    (Wine should already be installed)

1. In Winebottler Go To The Advanced Tab.
    Under Prefix Choose "New"
    Select The PKHeX.exe
    Either Choose Installer Or App Bundle
    (I Dont Think It Matters Ive Done Both)

2. If You Have .NET 4.0 Installed Then Skip This Step.

Select MS .NET Framework 4.0 Under Winetricks, THIS IS NEEDED TO RUN THE EXECUTABLE

3. I Didnt Mess With Anything Else After That, So Click Install Then Wait For It.......Wait For It.......Annnnnnd Done! You Should Be Able To Open PKHex With No Errors At All.

Maybe This Should Be Sticked

Last edited by Indigo Marz, Oct 14, 2016
  2. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Duh? Also, what does this have to do with the 3DS?

3. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    ???
    PKhex works for the 3ds pokemon games.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

No. This can be done with common sense.

Xiphiidae likes this.
  4. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Yes it does. MS Paint can also edit pictures taken with the 3DS. What's your point?

xtheman likes this.
  5. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    ???
    I never had a point. I think this post is just as stupid as you do. I was saying what this has to do with the 3ds.

Xiphiidae likes this.
  6. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    ???
    I never had a point. I think this post is just as stupid as you do. I was saying what this has to do with the 3ds.

7. Indigo Marz
    OP

Aug 4, 2011
    United States
    Funcoland
    Uhh the point is that when you want to edit your gen 6 pokemon game thats on 3ds DUH and happen to have a lower apple firmware you can by doing what i just said.

And also editing pictures can be done WITHOUT homebrew smartass, this is 3ds homebrew development and im pretty sure making sure an app that uses 3ds files for homebrew purposes fall under the "homebrew development" umbrella.

@xtheman youd be surprised who cant get it running because its been said that it cant run on lower OSs

Look i came here to help so stfu and let people who actually need it post, stop trolling

8. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    PKHeX isn't 3DS homebrew though. It's a PC application. I'm not trolling, I'm being semantic. Also, thinking "RUN IT IN WINE" deserves to be stickied is kind of pretentious, but whatever.

Xiphiidae likes this.
  9. Indigo Marz
    OP

Aug 4, 2011
    United States
    Funcoland
    Dude in order to use PKHeX on your console you need homebrew access on your 3ds and 90% of the time youre using the app to alter a 3ds save ANYWAY if youre doing anything less than gen 6 theres other options without using HeX sooooo im sure this is the right place for it.

Whether or not it gets sticked is not important to me, i was saying it as a general statement, whats important is that it helps someone who is having the issue of running the app on their system. I dont even know why im explaining it.

REGARDLESS of what anyone thinks, if youre having this issue i can assure you it works 100% with no errors

10. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    Xiphiidae and Joom like this.
  11. Indigo Marz
    OP

Aug 4, 2011
    United States
    Funcoland
  12. Drakia

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    I came to report your topic, so it can be moved to the correct location, and point out that no matter how adamant you are about being right, you still aren't :)

Hopefully your topic ends up helping some people once it's in the place they'll hopefully be looking for it.

Xiphiidae likes this.
  13. Indigo Marz
    OP

Aug 4, 2011
    United States
    Funcoland
    I dont care about being right son i care that this will provide assistance to whomever may need it instead of even saying anything to me you couldve just told a mod you think its in the wrong section and they wouldve decided to act as they saw fit but instead you came to get your rocks off by telling me i posted it in the wrong place ok wrong section needlessly adding more USELESS banter to the topic instead of just PMing me...yea ok

14. Drakia

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    You publicly claimed you're SURE this is the right place for it, I publicly pointed out you're wrong :)

You can just stop replying at any point if you really don't want off topic banter in your topic, btw.

Xiphiidae and Indigo Marz like this.
  15. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    Australia
    oooookaaaayy.. anyway, im here to say thanks for the effort OP.. i am sure people who truly need it will appreciate this.. keep up the good work.. ;)

Indigo Marz likes this.
  16. Indigo Marz
    OP

Aug 4, 2011
    United States
    Funcoland
    Thank you :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice