Tutorial NOOB friendly guide to Downgrading your 3DS (From FW <10.7!!)

Didja downgrade successfully from 10.4/10.5/10.6 ?

• O3ds yes

Votes: 137 41.6%
  • O3ds no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • New 3DS yes

Votes: 128 38.9%
  • New 3DS no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • I'll wait until yls8/smea releases an entrypoint for me

Votes: 73 22.2%

• Total voters

Felix954

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try switchen your SD card, some users have reported the same problem, switched their sd card, fixed it. Those same in-compatible Cads, dont seem to work witch FBI either.

Tried
sandisk extreme 32GB
Toshiba 4gb (came with it)
Sandisk ultra 32gb
Samsung evo 64gb (formated fat 32 like the rest)

Stuck on HAX INIT.... On all of them.

D

Deleted-394630

Tried
sandisk extreme 32GB
Toshiba 4gb (came with it)
Sandisk ultra 32gb
Samsung evo 64gb (formated fat 32 like the rest)

Stuck on HAX INIT.... On all of them.
Then, since all else failed, and I found no success posts, you need another entrypoint, it seems.:cry:

Felix954

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then, since all else failed, and I found no success posts, you need another entrypoint, it seems.:cry:
Lol, I was hoping there was a different update/downgrade installer to use that's why I came to this thread. But if not, I'm waiting on gamefly to send me OOT hopefully that works.

BTW do you guys now of a guide to use the OOThax with the homebrew launcher? I see there was a preinstalled app on the starter pack. But do I need any extra files or a certain version of the cart for it to work?

Last edited by Felix954,
D

Deleted-394630

Lol, I was hoping there was a different update/downgrade installer to use that's why I came to this thread. But if not, I'm waiting on gamefly to send me OOT hopefully that works.

BTW do you guys now of a guide to use the OOThax with the homebrew launcher? I see there was a preinstalled app on the starter pack. But do I need any extra files or a certain version of the cart for it to work?
Dont think so, just use the bundled installer, and if asked, always decline downloading an update for the game.
Personally, I would only use PlaiSysUpdater, pretty stable, downgraded my 10.7.0 N3DS fairly quickly, and without a single error.

Felix954

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont think so, just use the bundled installer, and if asked, always decline downloading an update for the game.
Personally, I would only use PlaiSysUpdater, pretty stable, downgraded my 10.7.0 N3DS fairly quickly, and without a single error.

what entry point(s) did you use?

Felix954

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FTPony or FTBrony also works instead of mgba...

Do they work better than gba temp at clearing up the issue? i've tried all apps on the homebrew launcher starter kit. even loaded up Doom and ran around shooting for 4 or 5 min to see if that would clear up the known "memory error" but nothing different happens i get stuck on the HAX INIT... screen.

I saw some people in this thread asking for help to download to 10.5 and then installing menuHAX with the Smashbros entry. Does anyone know if this worked for them?

Xclusiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello guys,
I just bought a 2ds with a supercard dstwo+.
Unfortunately enough it has 10.7.0-32E on it and the dstwo+ can run 3ds games at 9.2 max so i came to the conclusion that i have to downgrade.
I have been scrolling through all the available forums for a few hours now but i'm only getting more confused so i hope someone can clarify this.
What i understood from this guide, i need to get a homebrew entrypoint and i can get this by for example getting ninja cubes (Way too expensive atm) Or freakyforms deluxe (More affordable)
Can anyone please confirm to me that i can downgrade my 2ds to 9.2 with freakyforms deluxe and that i dont have to buy/use other hardware like an already hacked 2ds?

Lightyose

True Light
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Download the homebrew starter kit here: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
extract it and copy the 3ds folder and boot.3dsx to the root of your SD card
insert the SD card on your 2ds
then go to your 2ds browser, click the url and then write this http://yls8.mtheall.com/spider31hax.php
Then click go
NOTE: It is recomended you clear cookies and historial to increase the chance of it working, initializing save data also works (it should be better)
Edit: It needs to have the DNS set to: 8.8.8.8
In the HBL just select menuhax manager, install it, profit!

Then follow this guide.

Im sorry if this is not the best way to explain this, someone please correct me if Im wrong!

Hope it helps!

Last edited by Lightyose,

Xclusiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks a lot! i'm going to give it a try. If it works i might be able to cancel my freakyforms order i guess lol

Download the homebrew starter kit here: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
extract it and copy the 3ds folder and boot.3dsx to the root of your SD card
insert the SD card on your 2ds
then go to your 2ds browser, click the url and then write this http://yls8.mtheall.com/spider31hax.php
Then click go
NOTE: It is recomended you clear cookies and historial to increase the chance of it working, initializing save data also works (it should be better)

In the HBL just select menuhax manager, install it, profit!

Then follow this guide.

Im sorry if this is not the best way to explain this, someone please correct me if Im wrong!

Hope it helps!

Reactions: Lightyose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...