Hacking Noob deleted software

LouFace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a NDS with an R4i card (the one in the white box) which I've been using for years, yesterday I managed to delete some software off it by accident which meant that all I got was a black loading screen when turning it on, after hunting down the current software and reinstalling it many of my games now do not work. Whilst they appear in the list of games, after selecting them I am greeted with another black or white screen.

I have lots count of the amount of different versions of software I have tried. Most appear to not work - resulting in the black screen. I have only found one version (Kernel 1.56 from r4ultra.com) that allows the console to turn on properly but then I have games that worked perfectly before no longer working.

I also have the problem where by some of the software is downloaded as an .exe file and I am on a mac so I am unable to extract them. I have tried the R4i upgrade in the sticky. The R4i however, wont open and the R4DS downloads as an .exe file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JonForever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There is a website with the name linfoxdomain where you can find all the firmwares and upgrades for flashcarts, maybe you can try there. I did have the same problem in the past and this website did help me out. Goodluck.

LouFace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is a website with the name linfoxdomain where you can find all the firmwares and upgrades for flashcarts, maybe you can try there. I did have the same problem in the past and this website did help me out. Goodluck.

I'm having the same issues. If I use the latest version most of my games wont work. If I use an older version the DS wont turn on. I have tried R4ultra/R4i - v1.51 which results in the black loading screen and v1.55 which results in a working DS but with most games having blank loading screens.

LouFace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What's the web address on the front of your cart?

www.r4ultra.com which is where i got the only software which lets the DS turn on.
The latest kernel for the R4iUltra is AKAIO 1.8.6a does that work on your cart?

I have just tried it and I am still getting a blank loading screen. I just want to check, is drag/dropping the entire folder onto my SD card what I should be doing, or do I have to open each containing folder and put every individual file on the SD card?

EDIT: Tried both in and out of the containing folder. No change.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country

www.r4ultra.com which is where i got the only software which lets the DS turn on.

I have just tried it and I am still getting a blank loading screen. I just want to check, is drag/dropping the entire folder onto my SD card what I should be doing, or do I have to open each containing folder and put every individual file on the SD card?
I know Macs can be very problematic when getting kernels to copy over correctly. have you tried extracting the .rar directly to the SD cart.

Also as you can't use Panasonic SD formatter what format settings are you using?

LouFace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I know Macs can be very problematic when getting kernels to copy over correctly. have you tried extracting the .rar directly to the SD cart.

Also as you can't use Panasonic SD formatter what format settings are you using?

Unbelievable, it worked! Something as simple as extracting directly onto the SD cart. You sir are a genius and i've no idea how to thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.