OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
S

Saiyan Lusitano

It looks visually nothing like the original Nokia 3310 and not to mention it's not even made by Nokia but rather branded "Nokia" instead.

Reactions: gnmmarechal
D

Deleted User

2g connections are shut down all the time. why not give it a support for 3g? and what is this, wheres the 3310 I was promised???

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and where did they found 16mb storage chips LOL

MaK11-12

Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
Who cares about internet access? If you want that just get a better feature phone.
I think this phone looks hideous. It looks more like a toy rather than a communication device.

2g connections are shut down all the time. why not give it a support for 3g? and what is this, wheres the 3310 I was promised???

and where did they found 16mb storage chips LOL

No 3G to keep the price low probably.
There are storage chips of a variety of sizes available from manufacturers. Why should 16MB make you surprised at all?

Last edited by MaK11-12,
Reactions: hobbledehoy899
D

Deleted User

Who cares about internet access? If you want that just get a better feature phone.
I think this phone looks hideous.

No 3G to keep the price low probably.
There are storage chips of a variety of sizes available from manufacturers. Why should 16MB make you surprised at all?
listen, last time I checked you could buy micro sd card of 4 gigs or so for less then 3$. even if its 2gb for 4$, and considering chips are afaik cheaper to manufacture then microsd, why not to use it?
and you can add 3g and still be way under 49$, and get more support for years to come...

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
What the fuck. I wanted a relaunch of the 3310, not a modernish thing
then get in the ebay and get the original 3310?

- Bluetooth and 2G support (no 3G)
- Basic Opera Mini internet browser

- 2MP camera with LED flash
- 16 MB internal memory for MP3 playback
- Storage can be extened with a microSD card up to 32 GB

why lol... i understand if they did a basic durable phone, it's still pretty usefull, but why dafuq it has bluetooth, a non functional browser. and a bullshit camera?
loads of people could buy this thing and keep it as a "survival\emergency" phone...
bluetooth can be used to pair a headset\hands free thing ok.. but other than that...
the led flash very usefull as a flashlight
and would be much more sense to make a 3G one.. 2G will be gone not so long from now
music player, come on, if you want to listen to music will you actually use this shit?

for 50 bucks.. well it's just brand there.. there are 50 bucks android phones, or for 10 bucks you can get a call and sms basic phone..

anyway, i do think this phone will have a very niche special market and sell well..
the prison market B-)

Jao Chu

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No word of a lie, back when I was a silly drunken teenager, one night me and my buddies repeatedly threw a Nokia 3310 as high as we possibly could in the air with the desired trajectory to bounce off the roof of a patio/veranda onto the ground with the desire to break it inevitably.

We lost count of how many times this handset sustained the torture and eventually gave up, the worst causality it suffered was the back cover coming off and battery ejecting, placing the battery back in resulted in the phone turning on again.

I wonder if the 2017 model can be as resilient as it's forefather?

MaK11-12

Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
listen, last time I checked you could buy micro sd card of 4 gigs or so for less then 3$. even if its 2gb for 4$, and considering chips are afaik cheaper to manufacture then microsd, why not to use it?
and you can add 3g and still be way under 49$, and get more support for years to come...

They decided to go for 16MB because it's even more cheaper than a 2GB chip. For example, This 16MB chip is 0.129GBP (The cheapest I've found; for 25,000), compared to this 2GB chip which is 1.472GBP.
For the consumer, a difference of ~1.3GBP is pretty much nothing, but to the manufacturer it becomes a huge amount after you manufacture a large quantity of the product.

I agree that the lack of 3G is disappointing, and considering the price that they are releasing this phone, I'm surprised that 3G is omitted from the features list. Buying an old Blackberry for £20 from eBay is much better than this. It has 3G, touch, wifi, ~700MHz, etc.

EDIT: The 16MB and 2GB chips shown above are in fact 16Mbit and 2Gbit, but the price difference should be similar for 16MB and 2GB.

Last edited by MaK11-12,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
then get in the ebay and get the original 3310?

why lol... i understand if they did a basic durable phone, it's still pretty usefull, but why dafuq it has bluetooth, a non functional browser. and a bullshit camera?
loads of people could buy this thing and keep it as a "survival\emergency" phone...
bluetooth can be used to pair a headset\hands free thing ok.. but other than that...
the led flash very usefull as a flashlight
and would be much more sense to make a 3G one.. 2G will be gone not so long from now
music player, come on, if you want to listen to music will you actually use this shit?

for 50 bucks.. well it's just brand there.. there are 50 bucks android phones, or for 10 bucks you can get a call and sms basic phone..

anyway, i do think this phone will have a very niche special market and sell well..
the prison market B-)
Well, I do own 2 of them.

Personally I think this phone makes a good collector's item.
How is it a collector's item? It doesn't even resemble the 3310.

Reactions: migles
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Buying an old Blackberry for £20 from eBay is much better than this. It has 3G, touch, wifi, ~700MHz, etc.
Argos tends to drop down the prices of Vodafone Smart 7 / Alcatel Pixi (pretty much the same smartphone) to £14.99 (via Fast-Track).

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum