No Video playing Gamecube games on wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by squall12, Jan 26, 2009.

Jan 26, 2009
  1. squall12
    OP

Newcomer squall12 Newbie

Hi Guy,

Need some help regarding gamecube games as i have a few pal gamecube and make a backup to play on my NTSC Wii console with D2EPro Modchip installed but problem is i am getting no video when boot up but got sound coming from the games?? any help on this??

thanks

2. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    It might be your TV?

3. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Yes buy a PAL Wii and install a ModChip too, OR use GeckOS and force video to NTSC...!!! [​IMG]

4. lll

Member lll GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Are you using component cables to connect your Wii to the TV? The TV might not be able to handle an interlaced signal over component and no PAL GameCube game (officially, at least) supports progressive scan.

5. squall12
    OP

Newcomer squall12 Newbie

hmm....i am using component video...is Starfall or GeckoOS might fix this issue?

Thanks

6. nash79

Member nash79 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had the same problem when trying to play F ZERO NTSC on a pal wii. Using GCOS and playing around with the different mods did fix the issue

7. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    A lot of older TVs in the US simply don't support PAL at all. Might have to patch or force modes to get around that.

If the game you want to play has an NTSC version, that's also an option. Then it shouldn't need anything done.

8. zeldafn333

Member zeldafn333 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Most of the time it's starfall/preloader GC hacks. Remove those and it works.
    Or use GCBoot

9. squall12
    OP

Newcomer squall12 Newbie

i have already try using the multigames boot 3.4f patch to US Region and try various video available which is pal,pal60 and NTSC which have same result that are no video but sound still coming from the games....also try gecko os still not working [​IMG].....also i am using a LG LCD TV....any advice???

But weird is metal gear solid:Twin Snake which is pal are working on my NTSC wii...only a star wars rogue 2 pal having this issue....

Thanks