Homebrew Question no sound on desmume switch D:

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,014
  • Replies 8
D

Deleted User

OP
so i played sonic colours on the switch and there was no sound and yes it says press x to disable which means its enabled if you dont press x and no matter what theres just no sound! any help pls?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Can we get the free agent "help me to nintendo" support requests out of the emulation and software development forum please?

This place is looking like a news website where half of the editors where crowdsourced, and started scribling in crayons.

I understand that you'll never get it in peoples heads, that this isnt a "support me to nintendo section", nor an everscrolling feed to post what hapened to you today - but three out of five postings in here most likely qualify as spam again.

Not reporting it right now - so people have a small chance of reeling in a bona fide support desk honcho - who is still willing to deal with - this.

D

Deleted User

OP
Can we get the free agent "help me to nintendo" support requests out of the emulation and software development forum please?

This place is looking like a news website where half of the editors where crowdsourced, and started scribling in crayons.

I understand that you'll never get it in peoples heads, that this isnt a "support me to nintendo section", nor an everscrolling feed to post what hapened to you today - but three out of five postings in here most likely qualify as spam again.

Not reporting it right now - so people have a small chance of reeling in a bona fide support desk honcho - who is still willing to deal with - this.
but desmume is an emulator....

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
- The project hasnt been updated since june of this year.
- The most "current/advanced" DS emulator available is melonDS
- No current DS emulator that runs on the switch operating system is close to full speed > so sound is always an issue

Which of these points required you to have someone tell them to you personally, in your own thread.

If you want someone to "make" sound in sonic in desmume, get a timemachine and travel back to june of this year to convince the dev not to quit. And then visit Hogwards and learn a few magic spells to make tha sonic game run full speed - which would be the only instance you'd want to hear sound in the first place.

Then write a book about your experience, and sell it Warner Brothers to make 6 movies out of it. Just dont try to get this issues solved in "personal support thread" in emulator and software projects section, by acting quirky and all mil...

;)

If I have offended you - sorry, but I have to be creative, faced with the typical outpour of "do some research for me, and fix my PC" - type postings - that really show nothing but low effort. I cant bare them otherwise.

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: SuzieJoeBob
D

Deleted User

OP
- The project hasnt been updated since june of this year.
- The most "current/advanced" DS emulator available is melonDS
- No current DS emulator that runs on the switch operating system is close to full speed > so sound is always an issue

Which of these points required you to have someone tell them to you personally, in your own thread.

If you want someone to "make" sound in sonic in desmume, get a timemachine and travel back to june of this year to convince the dev not to quit. And then visit Hogwards and learn a few magic spells to make tha sonic game run full speed - which would be the only instance you'd want to hear sound in the first place.

Then write a book about your experience, and sell it Warner Brothers to make 6 movies out of it. Just dont try to get this issues solved in "personal support thread" in emulator and software projects section, by acting quirky and all mil...

;)

If I have offended you - sorry, but I have to be creative, faced with the typical outpour of "do some research for me, and fix my PC" - type postings - that really show nothing but low effort. I cant bare them otherwise.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Have you seen the 3DS Flashcard and Custom Firmware forums? There's a lot of threads like this and even asking for things that should go in other forums (Games and Content, Homebrew Development and Emulators and even Console, Accessories and Hardware) and even sometimes, someone publishes a thread that's looking for Warez or asking when the freeShop will be comin' back.
Yeah, the Switch is newer and their forums should stay fresh and so on, but it happens when hacking is almost as easy as putting a fork into a plug, and there's tons of old and new homebrew.

Last edited by E1ite007,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
To be honest, i dont want to. I want to have at least on subforum on gba temp thats not flooded daly with the usual 5 help me get a service request threads, littered in with the actual project topics.

Why - simply, because I'm reading this one for the current state of development, on several projects - and I really dont like my daily reading regime interrupted with "surpising story why something didnt - work, and how you can help me fix it" announcements x5.

- Project
- News
- Support solicitation
- News
- Project
- Support solicitation

I mean - at least have the decency to use the five month old project thread this question is about - then people can ignore you there, or tell you "why have you resurfaced a five months old thread"? To say that you want something in a +/- dead project fixed.

Well not something - ONE SPECIFIC GAME, in your emulator of choice, out of 1800.

Because thats always a fun one for the person porting the emulator to respond to.

As far as having a chance at getting a meaningful outcome, this is really "scribbling with crayons".

And I dont want that in my daily reading. Or I could do without it. Keep one subforum relatively sane - and not flooded with personal "you think for me" support request topics - and Im happy. I'm even working towards it. ;)

If I dont overdo it, and people start to think and read before posting, everybody wins.

Last edited by notimp,

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
To be honest, i dont want to. I want to have at least on subforum on gba temp thats not flooded daly with the usual 5 help me get a service request threads, littered in with the actual project topics.

Why - simply, because I'm reading this one for the current state of development, on several projects - and I really dont like my daily reading regime interrupted with "surpising story why something didnt - work, and how you can help me fix it".

- Project
- News
- Support solicitation
- News
- Project
- Support solicitation

I mean - at least have the decency to use the five month old project thread this question is about - then people can ignore you there, or tell you "why have you resurfaced a five months old thread"? To say that you want something in a +/- dead project fixed.

Well not something - ONE SPECIFIC game, in your emulator of choice.

Because thats always a fun one for the person porting the emulator to respond.

As far as getting a meaningful outcome, this is really scribbling with crayons.

And I dont want that in my daily reading. Or I could do without it. Keep one subforum relatively sane - and not flooded with personal "you think for me" support requests - and Im happy. I'm even working towards it. ;)

If I dont overdo it, and people start to think and read before posting, everybody wins.
Actually is prefered by the ones who try to help (at least on the 3DS forums) that the user with the problem should create a new thread instead of necro-replying a thread that is almost dead.
It's easier for everyone to keep track and try to avoid issues with multi answer to many users in only one reply.

Exactly with this one, yeah... you're right, they should go to the DeSmuME emulator thread, but for bricks and crap like it... it's actually fine to create a new thread, because not all bricks are caused and behave the same.

Last edited by E1ite007,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll give you some advice, just go ahead and put notimp on your ignore list. Like just about any forum ever, help threads are more than welcome here, as long as the answer to the question is not answered in a sticky thread or something. Even in those cases, most of the other users here are capable of rational thought and will at least point the user in the right direction to help themselves. Most of us don't have to belittle others in some vain attempt to make us feel better about ourselves. I'm not sure why the emulation and homebrew subforum has to be only releases and news threads (hint: it doesn't!). Hell, this thread is even tagged as a question. That's strange. One would think that's the whole purpose of the tagging system.

To answer your question, it seems as though desmume is out of date and likely doesn't support sound for that particular game. You could try melonDS as our good friend and resident troll pointed out. Have you tested the sound in other games?

Last edited by Subtle Demise,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Sicklyboy I was reading your post on the lgbtq batman
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Sicklyboy @K3Nv2 In the cas of Robin it would be Dick Grayson
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I have seen the new 52 and dcau animated movies I think they take every opportunity to say his name "Dick", and they say it more often than should have been necessary
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    Good morning!
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works and isnt yet banned, mine got banned yesterday
  • A @ anotherthing:
    The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @StatusN, welcome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey qwerty look at that you ain't the youngest here anymore
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Had a question on 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    will one still be able to transfer pokemon from the ds 3ds games to Switch
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Supposedly Bank isn't going down.
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    i know they are @anotherthing but i modded m y 3ds last month and i installed pretendo but as my 3ds got banned i need a friend seed to unblock my 3ds
  • A @ anotherthing:
    You got banned from Pretendo?
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    online ban
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @anotherthing I think Nintendo should have just re released all pokemon games on the switch
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    let you transfer it all
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    bank got shutdown in april last year
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, yea the only game they rereleased are the game boy and games boy color ones (remakes don't count)
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    does anyone have a friend seed link to a seed that isnt already banned and is new, if anyone does then thanks
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I refuse to get Nintendo Switch online
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    until they add pokemon mainline games
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could very easily do so
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i meant that they got rereleased in virtual console in 3ds
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, i meant that they got rereleased in virtual console in 3ds